“Attractive hotel”
Review of Botticelli Hotel

Botticelli Hotel
Ranked #161 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 22 April 2011

The Botticelli hotel is located near the market place and very near the famous ' Za Za'-Trattoria.
Our stay was very pleasend: the hotel-staff was kind and well-trained. We had a large room on the top-floor, light and well equipped. Bathroom was a bit small, but clean and pleasant. Breakfast acceptable. Pleasantly surprised to find a bottle of champagne on my birthday in our room: with the compiments from the management of The Botticelli....!
Very well balance between rates and quality of the rooms. To be recommended.
Hope to return one day.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Buddy1998

Reviewed 15 April 2011

We went to Italy to celebrate a milestone birthday and we had such a wonderful time. The hotel was so sweet to send up a bottle of champagne on the big day without us ordering it. Such a nice touch which reflects the quality of their service.

The rooms were clean, quiet and the breakfast was a great way to start our very busy sightseeing.

It was so central to everything and we walked everywhere, including the train station for our side trip to Pisa.

Joe and Shannon
Montreal, Canada

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SScott11
Reviewed 10 April 2011

My wife, her parents and I just returned from a 10-day trip to Italy. We stayed at the Hotel Botticelli in Florence for 3 nights. It was only a 10 minute walk from the train station, right past the central market. This was an excellent location, close to Santa Maria Novella and the Duomo. Florence is an easy town to navigate, so as long as you're near the city center, you'll be fine.

My wife and I got the standard room, but her parents had the superior room. If you're on a budget, the standard room is fine. It was clean and had a queen sized bed and mini-bar/fridge. If you're willing to spend a little more, I think the superior room is worth the money because you add a lot more size to the room and have chairs where you can sit and more space to spread out your luggage. My wife and I were tripping over our suitcases and our souvenirs to some extent. We managed just fine because our hotel was more or less a place to sleep.

That leads me to the main drawback - street noise. Our rooms were facing the street over the entrance to the hotel. There is a wonderful restaurant just steps from the hotel called Osteria Pepo - a must try! But beyond that, there is another restaurant on the corner that's set up in outdoor tents - right across from the market. This place was a magnet for rowdy Americans and their very loud, boisterous talking traveled through the quaint medieval street like a wind tunnel and blasted right into our windows as we were trying to sleep. Also, the vendors from the market would close up their carts and wheel them past the hotel to put them away for the night. You could hear the carts squeak and shake on the cobblestone as they passed by. There is also a corner market run by gypsies right across from the hotel entrance. They were fine and caused no trouble at all - except that they would take frequent smoke breaks and you could hear them talking plain as day right outside the window. We were warm and had to keep our windows open, but ended up shutting them partway through the night since we couldn't sleep. The noise was still audible, but more muted with the windows closed.

The hotel served free breakfast every morning, which was quite good, and had one computer with free Internet access. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I had one lady call a restaurant to confirm our reservations one night, which she did graciously.

Overall, the location is great, the rooms are clean, the breakfast is good, the staff is friendly and the rates are reasonable. Just ask that you don't get a room facing the street unless you come back so tired or drunk each night that you don't mind the noise.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does NOT face the street!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2011

My partner and I had booked into another hotel for our six-night stay in Florence. After dinner on the first evening, we came upon Hotel Botticelli and stood outside the doors looking into the elegant ambiance of its lobby. Just out of curiosity we asked if there were free rooms and to our delight, the answer was yes! We rushed to our other hotel, checked out (it was NOT what we expected at all!!) and found ourselves rushing towards the Hotel Botticelli. The staff is warm, friendly, and so very obliging. The rooms are elegant and well decorated. The hotel is in a fabulous location, with several cafes and excellent restaurants and trattorias in the neighbourhood. Breakfast is delicious and served in a wonderful dining area. I cannot say enough about this hotel. The prices are VERY reasonable and without a doubt we shall be returning to Florence and our home away from home, the Hotel Botticelli!!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pad17
Reviewed 26 March 2011

My parents had always wanted to visit Florence, so this trip was to help celebrate their wedding anniversary and I agreed to accompany them. I was in charge of booking it all and after reading some of the reviews on this site I decided to choose this hotel which proved to be a great decision!

The hotel is small, but very charming and cozy, in a very good location within easy walking distance of the main sights of Florence. The staff were fabulous too - always welcoming & helpful - they really could not be faulted.

The rooms are small(ish) but perfectly adequate for a short break, clean and very quiet too - perfect for resting the tired legs & sleeping off all of the walking around the town!

I must also recommend the Pepo restaurant located about 50 metres from the hotel front door - offering delightful & excellent food, we enjoyed our meal there.

My parents loved their visit (always a big relief!) and we will definitely be recommending the Hotel Botticelli to friends thinking of visiting Florence.

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed 14 March 2011

Ideal location for everything! Several minutes walk to train & bus stations; located in midst of central market with good, affordable restaurants only a few metres away, and all the major museums and historic sites are on your door-step.
Hotel is well-furnished with good lounge areas and breakfast/dining room. Bedrooms were comfortable and surprisingly quiet even early in the morning as market gears up.Staff were friendly and helpful - transport to and from airport and bookings for galleries all done without hesitation.
Surrounding streets are not glamorous but location and facilities and value for money make this an ideal hotel when visiting Florence. Here's to the next time!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 March 2011

Even before we arrived, I had the help of Sara in changing the category of room that we had reserved, so I was very pleased that she was there when my husband and I arrived. Our room was more spacious than we thought it would be--rooms tend to be small all over Europe--and we were pleased by the cleanliness and helpfulness of all the staff. The breakfast is very good, and the person supervising the dining room is also helpful and willing to get additional cups/pitchers of coffee or an additional cappuccino or espresso. (Our companions particularly loved the coffee!) We had a room towards the front, which can be a bit noisy at night through no fault of the hotel. (Closing the windows helped!) All in all, we will gladly return to this hotel when visiting Florence. While I was there on business, my husband took a brief vacation, and it was perfect for a vacationing person, too!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business