“Great location! Great Hotel!”
Review of Botticelli Hotel

Botticelli Hotel
Ranked #162 of 411 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Great location near the market and Duomo! Fish pub across the street for fun.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Botticelli Hotel

Reviewed 14 September 2011

My wife and I stayed three nights at Hotel Botticelli in the middle of a two week trip to Italy. The prior reviews that we read on TripAdvisor were dead-on. The hotel is in a great location to walk to all of the major sites. The room and bathroom were small, but typical of those in the area. Both the room and the public areas of the hotel are spotless. Enjoyed the complimentary breakfast each morning that included individual fresh brewed coffee served to each table. The front desk is particularly helpful. We called in advance to ask about tickets to see the statue of David & the Uffizzi Museum. They made all the arrangements for us & called in the reservations. NIce balcony on the 2nd floor where you can sit at night and enjoy a glass of wine & a view of the city. Would definitely return here.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the upper floors. Some have a nice view of the Duomo.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank George W
Reviewed 29 August 2011

We booked a five night stay at the Botticelli Hotel during the first week of August and we are so pleased that we did. We had a room on the third floor with a fabulous view over the rooftops, yes the bathroom could have been bigger but it was fine for the use it got.

I can't speak too highly about the hotel staff; I had wanted a few extras in the room on our arrival (it was a "special" birthday for my wife) and some trips arranged and did all this by e-mail before our arrival. Everything exceeded our expectations.

The hotel is centrally located, with all the main attractions walkable; breakfast is excellent. I could go on but you get the picture!!

If - no, when - we go back to Florence, we will without any doubt stay at the Botticelli again

Harry and Sue Giffin, North Yorkshire, England

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 4 days, over her birthday. It was also our first trip to Florence. We chose this hotel initially because it looked to be in a good location and had lots of good reviews, and we were not disappointed at all. The location is perfect; a minute or so walk from Marcato Centrale (a large market area), and a whole host of nice Pizzerias and Trattorias, at least 1 pub and a really nice Gelateria, that doesn't cost the earth in comparison to some others. The Duomo and Uffizi Museum etc are all easily reached within a 10 minute or so walk. The Pitti Palace and Boboli Gardens are about 20 minute walk away across the Ponte Vecchio bridge.

The staff at the hotel are sooooooooooo friendly, and couldn't do enough to help us. This included arranging private transfers, and helping me to arrange something nice for my girlfriends birthday (an excellent bottle of sparkling wine in the room when we arrived). We requested a room with a view and this is exactly what we got. We were warned however that it may not be quiet as it was close to Piazza Di Mercato Centrale, but with the exception of the road sweepers moving quickly past in the early hours there were no other major disturbances of note. Talking of road sweepers, we couldn't believe just how clean the area around the hotel and the rest of Florence actually were.

Away from the many positives, there were two minor items that let our stay down very very slightly. The bed and pillows were a bit on the hard side, but to be fair, this is an opinion based on our preference for things slightly softer. In addition, the breakfast did not include any hot items and was fully continental, but again, this is something that is based of personal preference and is not really a criticism, especially as the breakfast is included in the price. Also included in the price was a voucher to Reflessi restaurant, located at a sister hotel a few blocks away from the hotel, which was an excellent thought. Even more so, as the food was some of the best we have ever tasted, and the head of the house gave us the best history lesson of Italy and Florence ever.

Our closing thoughts would be that, we would recommend this hotel to anyone who is going to Florence, and we would definately stay there again. Thank you so much once again to everyone at the Bottocelli who made our stay a wonderful one...grazie mille!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GazGandalf
Reviewed 20 August 2011

I stayed in 4 different hotels in 4 different cities in Italy during June 2011 and this one was my favorite. I actually looked forward to going back to my hotel after walking around all day. My room was clean and quiet. The breakfast was free and tasty, the staff was friendly, and the location was very central. I used the free wifi in the lobby to update my blog and they called a cab for me when I had to go to the airport at 4am. I found that some hotels in Europe don't have 24 hour front desk service, so you're screwed if you need something between 5pm and 7am. This place had someone at the front desk 24/7 and I really liked it. I also found most Italians to be very rude because I'm American, but here I was treated with kindness. If I ever go back to Florence, I'd love to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 August 2011

nice lobby, traditional decor, good breakfast , one block from the market , many restaurants , Palazzo Medici , Church of St. Lawrence & the Medici tombs ; the street & neighborhood are a little shabby with graffity & some buildings not well kept ; but the location is great

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Hotel Botticelli met all our expectations and then some. Great location, clean and spacious, quiet hotel, wonderful breakfast and helpful friendly staff. We had picked up our two sons from a study abroad program with their university and had more luggage than normal travelers. They held our luggage all day as we were making the most of the city before taking the train back to Rome and wouldn't accept a tip for the extra service and inconvenience. Not to mention every encounter with the staff was friendly and helpful. We will definitely return to this hotel and recommend it highly. Thanks Botticelli for making our stay in Florence so special and stress free!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family