Residence Leopoldo
Hotel Alessandra(Florence)(Great Value!)
US$253
  • Breakfast included
Corte dei Medici(Florence)(Great Value!)
US$267
US$257
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Florence Metropole(Florence)(Great Value!)
US$220
US$168
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
US$217
US$204
  • Bar/Lounge
Grand Hotel Adriatico(Florence)(Great Value!)
US$273
US$424
US$198
US$185
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswashing machinecoop supermarketbalcony doorspacious apartmentbalcony overlookingminute bus ridegelateriaon arrivalmapinternetnoisemosquitoespiazza
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 October 2013

A great place to stay. Fantastic rooms. On arrival the Manageress gave us a bus ticket to use and explained how the local service works easy really. There is a Coop just down the road that sells every thing you need. And a great little Cafe opposite the Coop which is cheap and sells the best pastries A great place to people watch..Centre of the City (Train Station) is a 20minute walk 5 minute bus ride. You will be given a map on arrival. Great place to stay .

Room Tip: All rooms have balconies and are spacious.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Trevor G
gdg74, Direttore at Residence Leopoldo, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Thanks for the nice words. We are very pleased to have been good traveling friends and have relieved the unluky episodes of your car...

A worm greetings

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Like everyone, when we choose a hotel we hope that everything will be perfect with our stay. But alas, we also understand when circumstances do not allow for perfection. In these instances, it falls upon the shoulders of the hoteliers to make a choice about how to handle the compromised situation. They can shrug their shoulders and simply say "sorry" or they can go the extra mile to make things right. Giovanni, the proprietor of Residence Leopoldo represents the latter type of proprietor. He recognizes that making his clients happy is the best possible way to run a business and for this reason, I would not hesitate to book another stay at Residence Leopoldo.

When we arrived at Residence Leopoldo on Friday afternoon, the internet was down and did not get fixed until our intended day of departure - Monday morning. This was a major hindrance for our stay. We rely heavily on internet access to work from afar while we travel during our young child's naps. We were extremely disappointed that the internet was not working and expressed our concerns to the front desk staff as well as with Giovanni by email sent via our mobile phones (since the residence office is not staffed on weekends). We were pleased with his quick response even though he was unable to immediately resolve the problem. He was very apologetic for our troubles and granted us an extra night's stay for free to compensate us for the inconvenience. He also left us a bottle of wine and asked if there was anything else he could do to make us happy. For the bonus day of our stay, the internet worked perfectly and we were grateful to have chosen a hotel that knows how to turn a bad situation into a good one.

Internet issues aside, Residence Leopoldo is a clean, basically quiet (only noises come from other people in the apartment building) and comfortable place to stay. It should be noted that the bedroom in the larger version of these apartments is only separated from the kitchen/living room area via a partition and curtain so there is no sound or light barrier - not a great situation for us since we had to tiptoe around in the dark after our child went to sleep. The only other thing that could have been better would be some softer, less blocky pillows. The neighborhood is a nice locals' zone with a good coffee shop, gelateria and grocery store nearby. The #28 bus offers a quick ride to the train station, though be sure to check the schedule as it does not run very frequently - especially on evenings and weekends.

Thanks again, Giovanni for making our stay a pleasant one and for correcting its shortcomings.

Room Tip: Read the descriptions of the rooms carefully so you know what you're getting.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank adventure-4-two

Hello, I remember very well about you and your lovely family. Unfortunately we met in the days when we were updating the wifi network in the residence. As I have already done in person I apologize again. I'm still very, very glad you appreciated my efforts to arrange your vacation. The only thing I regret is that you did not know that our apartments are all studios, larger or smaller but all studios. This is clearly written clearly on our official website and on the main OTA.
I hope to see you again...
..a warm greeting

Reviewed 10 September 2013

I spent three days in Florence with my partner in this residence. It was a really nice clean comfortable room with a bathroom. It had a tiny kitchen with its kettle, a small fridge, a sink and a cooker. There was also a balcony. When it was hot, we used the air conditioning, which worked right. I really liked the bathroom, it had a shower, a bidet and a wash basin. There was a bus stop near the residence. The area was quiet but there was a really nice bar nearby where you could have "apericena".

We loved it there. I would love to go back this winter.

Room Tip: Make sure you find out when the reception is open. We were luck, but we didn't know that we had to arrive at a certain time in order not to be charged 15 or 20 euros. Just as well.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pilarhernan
gdg74, Direttore at Residence Leopoldo, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Dear Guest
thank you very much for your kind feedback. We appreciate your recommendation and are glad to read, that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We sincerely hope to be able to welcome you again in the future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 13 August 2013

On a budget trip throughout Europe, this was by far the nicest place we stayed. The room is large and air conditioned (for free!). It includes a small flat-screen television, a full kitchen, a washing machine, a full bathroom with bidet, and balcony. The wifi is excellent and free - there are a few networks throughout the place, so the signal should be strong wherever you are.

The room was clean, although cleaning staff did not clean the room daily like many other hotels. For us, this was not an issue at all.

There is a large supermarket a couple blocks away, which is especially helpful because you actually have a kitchen to cook in.

The only bad thing I can say is that the reception desk worker was 20 minutes late to open the office, so when we arrived we were just sitting around with our luggage, unsure of what to do. But he did give us a free bus ticket after check-in. Florence is definitely a bus town, and with this slightly out of the way location, you will want to ride rather than walk if you are going to any main tourist attraction.

Overall, we really appreciated our stay at Leopoldo. I would definitely go back - the price is right, and the amenities are unmatched.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank kanderson18

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your feedback. We are very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are looking forward to welcome you with us again.

Kind regards

Reviewed 16 April 2013

I chose it primarily for being inexpensive. At first I was put off by the fact that you have to take a bus (number 28 from SMN) to get there. But later I found that it was a wonderful experience. I am so glad that I had a chance to venture out of the well known historical center and to see how real residents of Florence live. This experience was in itself equal to visiting a museum. The apartment is full with a kitchen and dishes. The balcony overlooks a beautiful residential court yard with real Florentinians (is this the word?) living their lives there. I loved the chance to feel like a local for a while. There is a grocery store right on the big circular square and it's reasonable to stock up on some little things to make your stay more comfortable like home and to save on meals.

Room Tip: bus 28 takes you right there from SMN for 1.2 euro per person (till piazza Lorenzo, large circle) or taxi for about 8 euro from the center.
Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Katia T
gdg74, Direttore at Residence Leopoldo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2013

Dear Katia, your review captures the true essence of our structure and the fact that you have appreciated I'm very pleased. You was lucky to take advantage of the special offer that sometimes suggest. In fact with the bus. 28 or 14 which stops adjacent Piazza Leopoldo can get downtown in 10 minutes maximum. I hope you have taken advantage of the wonderful pastry that is in Piazza Leopoldo where me and my family have breakfast in the morning. I hope to see you soon here at the Residence Leopoldo. Best regards.