“Horrible!”

Ristorante Salotto del Gusto
Reserve with
Ristorante Salotto del Gusto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,186 of 2,676 Restaurants in Florence
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Santa Maria Novella
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Horrible!”
Reviewed 28 April 2012

When we first arrived we were impressed with the modern decor and the attentive waiter, who turned out to be the only one working. We had a nice bottle of a house wine and we ordered our appetizer and first courses which were good and served promptly. The problem started when my second course (bronzino) was approaching the hour mark after our first two courses. When the wait hit the hour mark I tried to cancel the fish but the waiter insisted that it was 2 minutes away. Fifteen minutes later it arrived cold to the touch and an entire fish complete with the head and tail and it apperaed to have been microwaved. I was used to having bronzino filleted at the table but that was not the case as the waiter obviously was deficient with the task. As my wife was finished eating and we were out of wine and water I wasn't in any mood to pick through the fishbones of a cold fish so I just asked for the check so we could leave and put this rather unpleasnt experience behind us.I don't like paying for something that was unedible but sometimes you just have to count your losses and move on. As the entire restaurant had only one waiter we were noticing other tables having problems with the service as well. The bottom line is that this restaurant is not ready for prime time. My suggestion would be to get a pizza down the street.

• Visited April 2012