“Guide rated by a guide...”

Tuscan Tour Guide - Tours
Ranked #16 of 344 Tours in Florence
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Over 10 years ago owner Paul Costa of Tuscan Tour Guide began his small private tour guide company. Since then he has led tours for Gordon Getty, Radio KISS 108 & NECN TV host Billy Costa and thousands of travelers of Royal Caribbean, Disney, Oceania, Seven Seas, Carnival, Seabourn & Norwegian Cruise Lines. Designing every tour to suit the expectations of each couple, family or group has made lifetime memories for thousands of tourists.
Monterey, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Guide rated by a guide...”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

My wife and I are wildlife guides, been guiding and leading trips for 3 decades, so we know about guiding. We have traveled to over 25 countries and had over 50 guides ourselves. Paul was the best guide we have ever had. We are not just talking about his extensive knowledge, the way he is able to communicate in a real way to make you understand things you normally wouldn't, or his perfect choices of subjects to tell you a story with. We are talking he was great in the other "guide" areas as well which the average person wouldn't pick up on. Like keeping track of people, handling difficult clients, engaging people who may not be engaged, and always a big one...other tourists piggy-backing in on groups. He handled each of these difficulties with the job with incredible smoothness and professionalism.

As for my personal experience on the tour...my wife is into art and history, I am not. I have never been able to fully comprehend historical timelines or historical significance of things. Hey, I'm a wildlife guy! I knew we were seeing some famous stuff, like the David, but really they were all just "another sculpture" or another "piece of historical art". I could have gone my entire life without seeing them and never been indifferent. However, Paul was able to relate in a very simple and real manner, the significance of what I was seeing and by the end of our 5 weeks in Europe to Paris, Venice, Florence, and Rome, I was fully appreciating everything I was seeing and the value of what I saw was so much higher to me. I now know why many of these things are so incredible.

Paul not only made our tours incredible with his great guiding, but our trip to Europe overall was so much more rewarding after he was able to help us "see" what we were seeing.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank PhotoStrokes

Los Angeles, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“A Spectacular Tour Guide”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Paul Costa at Tuscan Tours is a gem! You will not experience a better tour guide! We have been ALMOST everywhere, well maybe that is an exaggeration, but Paul is definitely not!!! We have had great tour guides throughout our travels, I always try to research and get the best. Paul is on the top of the list! We visited with two of our grandchildren and went to the Uffizi Galleries and the Gallery of the Accademia (David). He spoke mostly to the grandkids, as we asked him to do, but we got as much out of his tour as they did! He kept their interest the whole time of the tour and it was money well spent. We would love to go back to Florence without kids and Paul would definitely be on our agenda for more guidance!
Paul has all the degrees and education to make him very knowledgeable but one thing you can't learn in school is how to make everything interesting and easy to understand. Paul has the knowledge, personality, and communication skills that make him the BEST!

Visited August 2013
Los Angeles, California
“The Tuscan Prince!!!”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Without question the BEST tour guide ever. And totally cool! He showed us everything in the City of Florence, and even set us up with a whole schedule of fun! He arranged a Tuscan Tour in a Private Car to multiple towns and wineries, a day of shopping, and even a private cooking class in Florence! His walking tour was filled with fun trivia and a lot of laughs. A great human being on top of everything else.

Visited September 2013
Newport Beach, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We used Paul for a Florence walking tour in 2012 and he was phenomenal. Paul has an MA in Italian art and he really knew his stuff. He was so interesting and informative and head and shoulders above any other tour guide we've ever had anywhere in the world. As we toured other museums after our day with Paul, our experiences were greatly enriched by what he taught us back in Florence. He is an American living in Tuscany, so he brings an extra dimension, insight and comfort level for visiting American tourists. Really exceptional! Kudos to Paul Costa! Highly recommend him!

Visited July 2013
Scarsdale, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Best Tour Guide Ever!”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Seriously, I wish we could have had Paul travel all over Italy with us. We learned more in our two days with him than we could have in a year long college course. His socratic method keeps you listening and always thinking. You will have a new way to look at Italian art, architecture, streets, and more after spending time with him. The three hours each day flew by. If you can try to get tickets for the Vassari Corridor - that was really special.

Visited September 2013