“Strozzi Palace Hotel”

Strozzi Palace Hotel
Ranked #119 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Our stay at the Strozzi was only one night, but was very nice. The room was excellent and the location perfect for all Florence activities. We were able to easily walk to everything - the Duomo, Mercardo Centrale, etc.
The front desk personnel were very helpful.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Reviewed 1 March 2014

We spent four nights in this hotel in February this year. For everyone that likes to live in the city center, it is perfect. Outside high season it is also cheap. Nice staff, but wi-fi is terrible. Four stars? Nope, let´s say 3!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Hotel was great. Centrally located close to train station and il duomo. Staff was friendly and helpful and the room was clean and spacious. This hotel was a good value for the price, will stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 January 2014

My wife and I spent 3 nights in the Strozzi Palace this past weekend.
The staff were wonderful: helpful, English when needed, kind
The location is centralized: easy to get to from train station and easy to walk to/from all major sites. The room was comfortable (#21): Large, elegant, comfortable bed, accommodating bathroom with jacuzzi tub for sore back.
Some notes: Someone on the staff left me a pannetonne because in an email I had asked about buying one; very nice! We left at 5:30 in the morning, so the gentleman on the night shift made us two take-away breakfasts; again very kind gesture.
The only thing to advise: If your room faces the street, you MUST bring your own white noise. I used my I-pad the 2nd night because on night 1 I was kept awake by motos, yelling, etc.
Overall: Great place; we will use this hotel again if we return to Florence.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Randal B
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I stayed here for a night in January 2014 with my girlfriend. We walked to the hotel from the train station using clear instructions on the hotel's website. The location is awesome. We never used any sort of transport at all and were able to walk to all the main sights.

The thing that stuck out the most when we arrived was how friendly the lady at reception was. We weren't able to check in yet, but she let us leave our bags there, provided us with a map and gave us a run down of what to see.

The room itself was pretty nice. The bed was huge and, for a tall couple, much appreciated. The mini-bar was pretty cheap, although we didn't use it.

Our main criticism was that we couldn't use the Wi-Fi in our rooms. We had to sit in the reception area to use it. I think this should be stated on the website, given it is a major selling point.

There was also a man at reception who was quite rude when we checked out. I'd politely ask him a question after he acknowledged me and he would either ignore me and continue with what he was doing or get back to me an awkwardley long time later, say 30 seconds or so. It just came across as rude, which was disappointing because the lately the day before was so helpful and friendly.

The breakfast was average. Wasn't anything to rave about, but good enough.

But despite those things, I'd stay there again. It was good value for money and in such a great position, it would be hard not to. The lady on the first day also created such a good impression of the hotel for us, it was hard for us not to like our stay, despite the other minor annoyances. I really wish I could remember her name!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Prez72
Reviewed 14 January 2014

This hotel has a lot going for it: the location is excellent to walk to the Duomo, to the Ponte Vecchea, Bobeli Gardens, Uffezzi , and most all the sites in Florence. The breakfast was excellent, the main bed was comfortable (the hideaway was not…) The staff were all friendly, helpful, and all spoke English. The hotel was very clean. The only reason I gave this hotel a less than excellent review has to do with the club across the street. This is not something the hotel can fix, nor is it responsible. It was reasonably quiet during the day, and early evening, but after midnight, it got quiet noisy, with yelling, bottles breaking, with people yelling and girls screaming. The manager explained to me that they had called the cops many times, but the club is still present, and they are unable to control the patrons leaving the club. I don't know if a room in a different location would be quieter, and away from the noise (we were in #21) If you are a heavy sleeper, and don't mind the noise, then I would sincerely recommend this hotel for all the other reasons I stated.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 622MelanieG
Reviewed 26 December 2013

The location is absolutely perfect, about 30 seconds from the Piazza della Repubblica, and five minutes from the Duomo. The room was okay. It was a reasonable size for Florence, clean and comfortable. There is good internet access in the rooms. The furnishings are beginning to look a little dated, but then I suppose that keeps the price down. The room was a little warm - even in December - but you can open the windows. There wasn't any view at all, but then you step out of the front door and everything is right there. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo