First the negatives: there are some terrible things about this hotel
1. Small TV with no English channels (only one in French). A short person won't even be able to reach to turn it on. I wasn't even aware that they still make TVs so small lol (maybe the reception could use one as small close to their phone, not in the rooms). And they don't have any other TV in the common areas either. Low volume.
2. Appalling Internet reception (if at all and only in the common area, close to reception).
3. The worst breakfast I've seen in ages.
4. If you inquire about the possibility of a Queen or King Size bed (as opposed to two single beds that easily spread apart), the receptionist, Karin, blames you for "travelling" lol.
5. Small and poorly placed fridge (you wonder if it works at all, yet barely does).
6. Stained/dirty carpets in the hallway. Really?
7. Ripped railings on the stairs (they forget to warn you, but they've fixed it afterwards).
The owner of this hotel is not in his right mind to offer such a small TV plus poor Internet and breakfast, especially to North American customers.
Other then that, the hotel is OK, the room facing the back is quiet, so is the location in general (although a bit farther away, still not a problem). Too bad that the pool you view from the balcony doesn't belong to the hotel :)
Minor tip, but cute: Go on Via Galla (Second one from the hotel) to the beads store to find one of the most beautiful salespersons you can imagine (Claudia) and buy green Fiumio Pearls...
Leather jackets and purses from the Mercato centrale (and food such as egg plant dishes).
Don't forget to go across the river to Michelangelo Plazza and take the buses to Sienna and San Gimignano for a day trip. Email the hotel to reserve you tickets for Ufizzi and Academia. Bargello you can see on your own.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Hotel Bonifacio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bonifacio Hotel Florence