“Excellent Stay in Florence”

Hotel Duomo Firenze
Ranked #59 of 409 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Thank you Hotel Duomo for an excellent 6 nights in Florence. Your rooms are comfortable and clean, your breakfast is delicious with fresh fruits, eggs, pastries etc. Your location is outstanding - And last but not least, every staff member is very kind, helpful and efficient.

Room Tip: Our room had a dome view
Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Stayed here for 1 night in January 2014. The location is great - right beside the Duomo. I arrived in the evening and walked with luggage from the train station (about 15 minutes).
The room (quite small) and bathroom was very clean. The room was down the hall on the right of the reception. The shower is quite small, but many hotels in Italy are like that.
Breakfast was really good (hams, cheese, scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, bacon, sausages, bread/rolls, juice, yogurt, fruit, coffee/teas, etc.): it set us up for our visit to the Uffizi.
The elevator was tiny, but I love those old-style elevators in Italy.
I enjoyed the view of the Duomo outside my window. I could hear the bells in the morning, but the window does a good job of minimising noise - in fact, I was hoping the bells would be louder!!! I was looking forward to them waking me up in the morning.
Only complaint was the double bed had two mattresses put together - didn't like the gap.
Overall, nice cosy centrally located hotel. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We enjoyed our stay in the Hotel Duomo. The staff were so helpful and the location was perfect. The balcony of our room overlooked the Duomo and we walked everywhere. The breakfast was very tasty with plenty of variety. Rooms are not deluxe but beds were very comfortable, and it was very clean and more than adequate, especially considering the price paid. Shower in bathroom was a nice surprise, plenty of pressure and quite big. Internet worked fine all the time. I would definitely recommend this hotel to any friends who visit Florence.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony, views of Duomo at night are amazing. Little noise at night from peop...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sailfisherflorida
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Stayed in room 31 which had a balcony and view of the duomo which was stunning. The bed is very comfortable and the room was warm. A great place to stay as it's easy to find and very central. The hotel is only the fourth floor, the lift is small and quite an experience! The staff are really good and great at helping you with restaurant recommendations and directions. Breakfast was good and the bed was very comfortable.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank tristan h
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Staying here was a big part of my enjoyment of Florence. I stayed in 32 -- the single room with a balcony looking at the Duomo. The entire hotel is on the fourth floor, you must use the lift. Staff was very helpful. Wifi was fully functioning, never dropped. Breakfast was very adequate -- great selection for my American breakfast tastes. The decor and bathrooms are up to date and in great working condition. While the shower was modern, it was teeny tiny...no doubt the bidet was a higher priority in space design. The lift up was nice too -- clearly and antique but worked great. There is a gated entrance that they close at night, but the staff is available 24 hours and buzzes you in immediately if you stay out late.

It was a bit noisy at night with the street and Plazza del Duomo being so close, but I didn't mind the ambiance. If you are light sleeper, ear plugs are needed. The bed and pillows might be due for an upgrade, but I didn't have any trouble falling asleep on them after a long day walking in Florence.

When I return, I will be staying here again.

Room Tip: Request a view of the Duomo during booking
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Brugo1017
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Sonia was very helpful with directions and advice...definitely got me off to a good start. Couldn't stay in a better location! Rm 29 bathroom is a bit small and a challenge for a tall person...but ok for the price. Good breakfast and variety. WiFi was excellent the whole time. I highly recommend.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank LPO_49424
Reviewed 25 December 2013

A couple- Junior Suite with a view. The room was really beautiful. The art was very interesting and the bathroom was done very nicely. The location was perfect and reception was nice and very quick to check us in and very friendly. Great Breakfast, good atmosphere.

*This is a preference remark- The bed was very uncomfortable - the pillows were flat and after about 30 min. it was like sleeping on a brick. Beds and pillows - a preference. I like mine soft and fluffy, especially when it comes to a suite. I would rather look at a blank wall and have a good nights sleep than sleep on a brick and look at fancy artwork. I was dreading the second night stay because of the pillows.

It's hard to suit everybody when it comes to beds and pillows.

All in all this is a very nice hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Goldwingnut
FedericoG1, Proprietario at Hotel Duomo Firenze, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,
we thank you for your kind review.
You mentioned a junior suite room, but we don't have this type of room in our Hotel!!. However, if you were in our Hotel, it's really strange what you think about our bed and pillows,
because we have changed all mattress and pillows in all rooms the second week of November.
We respect your preferences( softy and fluffy) but usually all our guests prefer to sleep on new mattress and pillows.
We hope to have you as our guests again and we wish you a wonderful 2014!!

Federico