“Nice hotel”

Ranked #60 of 412 Hotels in Florence
san diego
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Great hotel right to the duomo! Rooms are very comfortable and offer a small kitchen. This would be ideal especially if you were staying for a few days. They do provide you with breakfast but it is just pastries. The room is very clean and bed the most comfortable we had throughout italy. Really great location!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Kennesaw, Georgia
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights while in Florence . Decent hotel, clean. Friendly staff. Old time elevator: will only fit 2. Within walking distance of train station and museum with David. Very good breakfast, in fact best we had while in Italy . Shower is very small and water pressure was suspect, we had issues with low flow and toilets not flushing well but a decent hotel but overall it was a good place to stay

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Fleet, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My wife and I have just returned from a short break and we cannot speak highly enough about this beautiful hotel, its staff are courteous and helpful and the location is just perfect.

The sites and restaurants are on the doorstep and you experience the best of Florence.

We would have no hesitation in recommending Hotel Duomo to anyone looking for the perfect stay and will certainly be returning.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Cathedral are just incredible.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chris G
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 26 May 2014

What a wonderful location and we enjoyed waking up and viewing the majestic Duomo out of our window.
The front desk was very helpful and efficient when we inquired if they could make reservations at Accademia and Uffizi for us.
Close to good resturants and gelato.
Enjoyed the old two person elevator...added to the charm.
Would stay at Hotel Duomo on our next trip to Florence.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 599SAN
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I first have to say that when it comes to this hotel, the location couldn't be more perfect. It was so nice to walk up to the front of the hotel, which is right across from the Duomo. But beware, the noise from the tourists below disrupted my sleep well into the night (not the hotel's fault). I had reserved a room with a Duomo view. Well, to me, I thought that would be a room that overlooked the Duomo. But no, I had to walk out on my balcony, look left, and there was a small part of the Duomo. Not what I expected. The room was nice, it's just that the bathroom wasn't very clean. There were several hairs from a previous guest that were left on the bathroom sink. Most of the staff at the front desk were helpful, except for one woman who sort of scolded me because I didn't leave my room key with her when I went out (I didn't know). But the breakfast was great, the bed was comfortable, and again, the location can't be beat. I think, though, on my next trip to Firenze, I might try someplace else.

Room Tip: Double check with the staff about your Duomo view. It may not be what you think.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Lori T
FedericoG1, Proprietario at Hotel Duomo Firenze, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Lori,
we appreciate all our guest reviews, because it's the way to improove our services.
We are really sorry about the clean of the bathroom. I can tell you it's the first time that something like that happens in our Hotel, you can check also all the others reviews of the guests and never happened before!I'm gonna talk with all my staff to understand what was wrong in your situation.
As regard the room, we are sorry that it was not you expected, but we want to remind you that it's true that you have to turn on the left to see a part of the Duomo and also the Giotto's tower, but we think usually that for our guests is better, most of all in this season, to have a private balcony in Duomo square in the heart of the historical center. But we made the wrong decision.
We would like to have you our guest next time, giving to you a different room to check if it's what you expect from our Hotel! Hope to see you next time in Florence.
Best regards

Federico Gori
Torquay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Have just returned after spending 7 nights at this hotel as a solo traveller. The location was perfect, as I didn't want to be tucked down a side street and I never felt vulnerable. It was easy to find, and only a 10 minute walk from the train station, which was where the airport shuttle bus drops you off. I had a single room with a balcony overlooking the duomo. Sitting on the balcony, you could hear the noise coming from the street below, but it wasn't an intrusive noise, and listening to the music was quite relaxing.
There were some places in the main areas of the hotel that looked a bit tired, but nothing a lick paint couldn't fix. The room was simple, but it was clean and comfortable. It had a decent sized bathroom, but my only complaint would be the size of the shower cubicle as it wasn't that big and the shower door didn't close properly so water escaped. Apart from that, the staff were very helpful and friendly, breakfast was your bog standard continental style, with plenty to choose from. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank cle200
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Excellent location. Good breakfast. Appalling coffee (this is supposed to be Italy). Francesca adds a lot of value. Everything you see would have you believe that this is a comfortable, well maintained hotel. It's tired, the soft furnishings are dirty and torn (in particular, the sheer drapes and bedspread) and it's gloomy and did I say tired? From the reception, you walk down a flight of stairs to reach some of the bedrooms. Room photos on the web cannot be anything other than "show rooms" because our two rooms looked nothing like any in the photos. You take a diminutive, aging elevator (capacity 2) from the ground floor to the fourth floor - which is where the hotel is located. Fortunately, there were no elevator outages while we were there. Consider other accommodations in the same price range before you commit to this one. Noisy drunks in the Piazza Duomo woke is up two out of five nights.

Room Tip: Consider staying elsewhere.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank prsemere
FedericoG1, Proprietario at Hotel Duomo Firenze, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Mr.Peter,
we thank you so much for your kind review.
We don't want to reply nothing of your think about our Hotel, but we want only to reply regarding two points.
We are a Hotel with a point of interest view, the amazing Florence Cathedral. It's logic our Hotel starts from the third floor!! What kind of view you can see from the groundfloor? To reach us you have to use an elevator that is old, that's true, but it's the third elevator built in Florence!! It's really important for our town so it's normal that is little but it works really well and it's safe.Think that we are in a 15th century building and like a lot of Hotels in Florence have a lift like this one!! As regard the pictures of the rooms on our web site we have never tried to sell something different from the reality, the rooms are like you can see on the pictures. We want to inform you
that we are planning to change all the covers of the rooms and to remake the forniture inside the rooms.
So we would like to invite you to come again to check our improvments about the problems that you found on your last accomodation. Hope to have you our guest again.
Best regards