“Nice, great staff and unbeatable location!”

Hotel Duomo Firenze
Ranked #62 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We stayed at the Duomo for five nights. At the beginning, we were accommodated in a very small room, yet quite functional, with a nice little terrace, overlooking the Duomo! I must say the view is breathtaking... such a beautiful piece of architecture right in front of you is quite something.

The only issue was that the room was very noisy... we would have stayed there if we had been in Florence for just a weekend but for a full week supposed to be relaxing, it would not have been possible. We raised the issue with Luca and a lady who helped us in a super efficient way and found us a solution. This made our day and the rest of our holiday!

We loved our stay at Duomo. We thought the staff was very professional at all times and helpful. The room was clean, spacious and comfortable. The only recommendation i would give to thte hotel is to lower the prices of the rooms that are noisier. This will avoid unhappy guests.

The wifi connection doesn't work very well and the water pressure in the shower was not great, but the building is old and that's understandable. We didn't take the breakfast so can't comment on that.

All in all, we really liked our stay and would definitely recommend this lovely hotel to anyone coming to visit Florence!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel is located on the Piazza del Duomo, on the fourth floor reached by a small, old fashioned cage type lift. It has a helpful, attentive, friendly staff and a great breakfast with views of the Duomo. It is located close to everything and is surprisingly quiet considering its proximity to the busiest attraction in Florence. Breakfast is a standard buffet but with good quality and quantity...and did I mention the views?
Our room was standard small but quite comfortable, spotlessly clean and the bathroom had a small shower but the water was always hot.
I would recommend Hotel Duomo.

1  Thank Betty L
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Great hotel right to the duomo! Rooms are very comfortable and offer a small kitchen. This would be ideal especially if you were staying for a few days. They do provide you with breakfast but it is just pastries. The room is very clean and bed the most comfortable we had throughout italy. Really great location!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights while in Florence . Decent hotel, clean. Friendly staff. Old time elevator: will only fit 2. Within walking distance of train station and museum with David. Very good breakfast, in fact best we had while in Italy . Shower is very small and water pressure was suspect, we had issues with low flow and toilets not flushing well but a decent hotel but overall it was a good place to stay

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My wife and I have just returned from a short break and we cannot speak highly enough about this beautiful hotel, its staff are courteous and helpful and the location is just perfect.

The sites and restaurants are on the doorstep and you experience the best of Florence.

We would have no hesitation in recommending Hotel Duomo to anyone looking for the perfect stay and will certainly be returning.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Cathedral are just incredible.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris G
Reviewed 26 May 2014

What a wonderful location and we enjoyed waking up and viewing the majestic Duomo out of our window.
The front desk was very helpful and efficient when we inquired if they could make reservations at Accademia and Uffizi for us.
Close to good resturants and gelato.
Enjoyed the old two person elevator...added to the charm.
Would stay at Hotel Duomo on our next trip to Florence.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 599SAN
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I first have to say that when it comes to this hotel, the location couldn't be more perfect. It was so nice to walk up to the front of the hotel, which is right across from the Duomo. But beware, the noise from the tourists below disrupted my sleep well into the night (not the hotel's fault). I had reserved a room with a Duomo view. Well, to me, I thought that would be a room that overlooked the Duomo. But no, I had to walk out on my balcony, look left, and there was a small part of the Duomo. Not what I expected. The room was nice, it's just that the bathroom wasn't very clean. There were several hairs from a previous guest that were left on the bathroom sink. Most of the staff at the front desk were helpful, except for one woman who sort of scolded me because I didn't leave my room key with her when I went out (I didn't know). But the breakfast was great, the bed was comfortable, and again, the location can't be beat. I think, though, on my next trip to Firenze, I might try someplace else.

Room Tip: Double check with the staff about your Duomo view. It may not be what you think.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Lori T
FedericoG1, Proprietario at Hotel Duomo Firenze, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Lori,
we appreciate all our guest reviews, because it's the way to improove our services.
We are really sorry about the clean of the bathroom. I can tell you it's the first time that something like that happens in our Hotel, you can check also all the others reviews of the guests and never happened before!I'm gonna talk with all my staff to understand what was wrong in your situation.
As regard the room, we are sorry that it was not you expected, but we want to remind you that it's true that you have to turn on the left to see a part of the Duomo and also the Giotto's tower, but we think usually that for our guests is better, most of all in this season, to have a private balcony in Duomo square in the heart of the historical center. But we made the wrong decision.
We would like to have you our guest next time, giving to you a different room to check if it's what you expect from our Hotel! Hope to see you next time in Florence.
Best regards