Hotel Centro
Hotel Regina(Florence)
  • Free Internet
Hotel Casci(Florence)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsshared bathroomenjoyed our stayfirst floorduomoearplugsmap
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I stayed at Hotel Centro for 3 nights and must say I was very impressed. The hotel is right in the middle of everything which made my stay in Firenze great. I came in via train from Rome, the train station is very close to the station and easy to find. I was able to walk everywhere. The clerks were very helpful and even booked a couple of tours for me which was great. Because you are in the center of everything it does get pretty loud at night but it didnt bother me at all. I had a big bed in my room which was comfortable and a private bath, free wifi which helped cut my costs on phone calls using the free wifi calling feature on my phone. The breakfast was good and hotel was clean and nice. All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel. Thank you for making my stay in Firenze amazing!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Angelita L
Reviewed 26 May 2012

My wife and I (age late 20's early 30's) enjoyed our stay here. We got in by train to the Florence SMN station and followed the directions to the hotel (~5 min walk). Nice room with a sink and a beday. Shared bathroom has nice hot shower. Free wifi. We walked everywhere in Florence and was very enjoyable and easy. The price is also one of the cheapest in Florence. Highly recommend to young couples.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2012

We spent two nights at this hotel during our stay in Italy. The hotel is definitely central – just a 2 minute stroll to Basilica San Lorenzo and a bit further to the Duomo.

The hotel is on the 1st floor (small lift in the building) of atypical Florentine building complex and the street has a range of shops with a supermarket just next door for your supplies.

The room was generous in size but dated. There was no curtains for blocking out the light coming through the shutters and noise was audible all night from the street. The bathroom was also dated but sufficient with warm-to-hot (not hot) running water. Ceiling fan was the only air cooling and unfortunately in room 203 it made a lot of noise when on. Rooms are not that sound proof, we could hear all the conversations and movements of our neighbors but this wasn’t too distracting.

The hotel manager was a friendly man and we enjoyed trying to converse with him but English was somewhat difficult. The breakfast spread is satisfactory but limited to pastries, cereals and yoghurt.

We were disappointed upon leaving when we asked how to get a taxi to take us to the car hire company and the staff member ordered us this vehicle without advising the €5.89 surcharge which doubled our fare.

Overall an average and dated choice but after all it is a 2 star hotel in central Florence and is a fair choice for a budget traveller.

Room Tip: Ask to stay away from the main road - only 2 rooms face the main road.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2012

They advertised free internet and breakfast and they did not deliver! They charged us 2 euro for the internet and then four euro for breakfast, when they priceline advertisements said that it would be free. Our bathroom was outside of the room that we were sleeping in. We had to go across the hall to get in. But we didn't mind because it was our own private bathroom and it was advertised before had that it would be this way. Overall I was very happy with this hotel because the location was great and so was the price! Just 5 minutes away from the duomo! it was unbelievable!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2012

My daughter and I stayed in Florence for 5 nights. We stayed the whole time at Hotel Centro. We loved the location and price. The breakfast was pretty good including cereal, coffee, rolls etc. A pretty standard menu with no variation. The only challenge to me was that our room was very noisy at night from the street sounds. I believe we were close to a college and we got alot of noise around 1 or 2 am. I would reccommend requesting a room away from the street.

Room Tip: Try to stay away from the main street.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family