“Hotel Perseo gets my vote”
Review of Hotel Perseo

Hotel Perseo
Ranked #45 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 27 April 2011

This place was great. As a solo traveller I was looking for somewhere I would feel safe and comfortable and close to all major attractions without spending mega-bucks and this place definitely fit the bill. There's nothing fancy about it, but it's clean, and light filled and pleasant The room I was in was reasonably sized, particularly for one person. I'm not too fussed about a huge room as I don't spend much time there anyway, but this was bigger than I expected, as was the bathroom which was more than fine and much bigger than some bathrooms I've had in Europe. Beds are harder than I'm used to at home, but no lumps and I was so tired after full days I slept really well regardless!

The staff are great. They're friendly, welcoming and helpful: on my last day there, there were people painting the lift well so the lift was temporarily unavailable. Although I did not ask him to, the gentleman on reception insisted on carrying my suitcase down to the street, for which I was very grateful as it was pretty heavy!

It's close the the station, easy walking distance, and within "spitting distance" of the Duomo. I found its central location very handy on several occasions, as it meant I could go back there in the middle of the day without feeling it was too much hassle. This was particularly good seeing as the days started off quite cold, but were always lovely and warm by about 11:30, so it was good to get rid of jackets etc and walk around unencumbered: also if I did any shopping I could drop it off and not have to carry it all day.

Also, because the hotel is on levels 3 and 4, you don't really get much street noise even though it's on a very busy street. I was on level 4 facing the street and didn't really hear anything unless the window was open.

Having breakfast included was great, as going out for breakfast or spending extra for it at your hotel is one of those travel annoyances I try to avoid. They make your coffee for you from their espresso machine too which was a nice touch.

I stayed here based partly on TripAdvisor reviews, and I must say I was not disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,882)

Reviewed 26 April 2011

We had the pleasure of staying here for 2 nights and it's just great - 5 mins walk from the Train Station, 1 minute walk from the Duomo, and the Hotel is lovely. It's been recently decorated, and looks much nicer inside than out with bright modern rooms. Despite being on a very busy street there was zero noise. The breakfast was great - verything you could want.
The main highlight were the staff (probably the owners i'm sure) very friendly and helpful.
If i'm ever in Florence again i will look no further.

Reviewed 25 April 2011

We only had the pleasure of staying at the Hotel Perseo one night but next time will stay for longer. The location is great, right off the Piazza with the Duomo, between the Duomo and the Train Station. For all that, the room was very quiet except for when people were walking down the halls. Free high-speed wifi in the rooms worked great. The staff was very helpful. Room was small, as per usual in Italy.

Reviewed 21 April 2011

My wife and I stayed at Hotel Perseo on our honeymoon in April 2011. It was our first time to Europe; the first of many over a lifetime. We were nervous about European hotels being tiny, cramped, hot, etc. Hotel Perseo was great! We had a large, new, modern bathroom. We had plenty of space in the large, new bedroom. Our superior double room had a magnificent view of the Duomo. The location cannot be beat. We effortlessly walked to all the sights each day. We and all the amentities (air conditioning, U.S. power plugs, etc) and everything worked; no dissapointments. The staff was excellent. Everyone spoke English and was very kind the whole time. They were glad to help and be accomodating with an unexpected situation we had. Laura was particularly nice. We never hesitated to ask a question. The included breakfast was nice and 'delizioso.' I gave 4 stars instead of 5 on value because we sure as heck paid for the accomodations I'm raving about. We were splurging on our honeymoon and were happy with what we got. But in the future when we're on a budget, we may not be able to afford $290 a night (not euros). I gave four stars on sleep quality because, hey, its Europe. I didn't expect to sleep on a king size tempur pedic. But the sleep was acceptable. If you're looking to experience Florence in comfort, I highly recommend Hotel Perseo.

Room Tip: Ask for the 5th floor superior double room.
Reviewed 14 April 2011

We arrived from Venice at 3 PM. Were pleasantly greeted by Tani, a mild mannered english speaking gentleman, who had a great sense of humor. Since the booking was done through priceline, we booked for 2 adults even though we were travelling with our 5 year old son. The staff was quick to offer us a larger room (one without a view), which we refused since we had requested one with a view. That simply showed they were willing to be hospitable and considerate of accomodating our son. At times, Tani also entertained us with an evening coffee and good advice on how to plan our day.
The breakfast was timely, and the staff always wore a pleasant smile on their face, almost like being at home.
The rooms were clean but small. We had the view facing the bell towers, which was nice to have, but did not care, simply because as soon as I got out of the hotel, I was face the duomo. A very central awesome location.

Some Areas of improvement:
The only mild negative feedback was the noise. Even though we were on the 4 floor, there was some karaoke bar which got very loud, but ended at midnight. That only happened on Friday night, after which there was peace and quiet for the next few days.
There is a common door which takes you to a passage where are the rooms are. The door slams pretty hard and makes a loud noise, which occasionally disturbed us. The hotel should replace that with something that shuts quietly.

Overall, great experience, great location, staff could not be friendly and helpful, and a good breakfast. I would recommend this hotel to my friends.

Room Tip: Request of get one with a view.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2011

My partner and 3 other family members spent 3 nights here. And what a great find it was! The staff are all so friendly and are always willing to help. We were always greeted with a warm family welcome. The included breakfast is the perfect start to the day! The rooms were very warm and were all very clean with new amenities. A PERFECT location too! we did not need to catch transport anywhere! It was a lovely walk to all of teh major tourist attractions that teh beautiful Florence has to offer. As soon as you step out of the hotel and turn your body right, you see the beautiful Il Duomo - a pinch me moment every time this occured. The hotel is surrounded by wonderful shops and fantastic restaurants. Not to mention gelato and pizza shops! We had a fantastic stay. Next time we are in Florence, we will be definitely staying here.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2011

small, clean hotel in one block from the duomo and 3 blocks from the train station. elevator to take you up to the third and fourth floor where the hotel is located. free wi-fi in the room which is great. my room (#15) didn't have a view but that doesn't matter when you only sleep there :) I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family