Hotel Sampaoli
US$370
US$378
US$339
  • Restaurant
Hilton Florence Metropole(Florence)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$269
Hotel David(Florence)
US$207
US$197
All reviewstrain stationtraveling italyceiling fanno elevatorown bathroomconvenient locationduomo
Reviewed 23 January 2013

The worst hotel ever. Hostelworld and other cites provide the rate below 20euro for this place but it actually costed me more than 50 for a night! The reception girl said they didnt have any budget options like that. It was already late without accommodation and I ended up staying here but the service didnt even value 10euro! The most freezing hotel I have ever stayed in my two month euro trip. The street facing the hotel was so loud till late night. The environment around here was full of dodgy locals. The Internet connection was fairly weak. No breakfast. There was a notice saying "if you've got any complaints, don't write them on hotel review pages. Just tell us before you leave" but who would ever think about talking to a girl who just hysterically said "you have to accept it. you've already paid so there is nothing I can do" when I complained? The last hotel you'll stay in Florence.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Marcel-Bshtn
hotelinflorence, Direttore at Hotel Sampaoli, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2013

Kind Sir

thanks for writing your unique shocking experience.
By the way our prices are well shown everywhere on internet and i don't know when and how you have had this price.
The most expensive night of the year is the 31st of december but i doubt you have stayed in those days.
In any case as i already wrote are prices are very competitive and everybody can check them in our website or wherever on the web.

thanks for your sweet words !

Reviewed 22 January 2013

We stayed here for two nights on a week long Italian trip in February last year. The price was amazing for a popular tourist city such as Florence: we paid just 30 euro for a double room with shared bathroom - incredible price! We are quite used to staying in budget hotels and accommodation (having spent 2 years backpacking around the world and staying almost always, until very recently in better and more expensive accommodations). The room was large and faced the front street, which was quiet, the only real traffic being the numerous motorbikes that fly up and down the street. The bathroom was located just outside of our room, which was super convenient, but it also meant that whenever anyone else used the bathroom we could hear them! The only qualm that I have with this budget hotel (more like a hostel really), is that the room was freezing! I would definitely stay here again in summer, it's a traditional Tuscan building made of stone, so it's probably beautifully cool in summer. I know that the construction of the building isn't a reason for giving negative comments to a hotel, but I do think that they could provide more blankets than they do, or at least switch the heating on for a bit longer! I was frozen. On the plus side, the staff were very helpful and friendly and they provided information and advice whenever we asked them a question. It's a 15minute walk from the main railway station; a lovely walk too, along cute narrow streets and piazzas. The Duomo, River etc is all incredibly close: 5 minute stroll to the Duomo. Therefore the location of this hotel is superb! Like I said, we would stay again, but only in summer. It's too cold in winter at this property.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alanna P
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Its a cute tiny hotel with simple home decoration. i like it, anyway. The receptionist girl friendly and helpfull. She always info us that room hitter doesn't operate 24 hours...I can accept it but I hope they will put it to be warm more....but they put plenty extra blanket in the cupboard and we use all the 3 blankets for sleep :))))) The location is perfect and many coffeeshop and good restaurant around.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2012

The location was great and the staff were extremely nice, but the place is falling apart. We stayed 4 nights and were moved to a different room each night and all of them had peeling paint, broken electrical outlets and some even had broken floor tiles with the pieces just sitting there. If you stepped on it with bare feet you could get cut. The showers in the room are a showerhead coming out of the wall, it gets the whole bathroom wet, including the sink, toilet, floor, etc. There is lots of hot water, but it smells very bad, it may be old pipes or it may be the city water, not sure. The rooms have a moldy smell. The internet connection only works in some rooms... Overall this place would be wonderful if they just kept it up and it is sad that they don't, it could be so charming. It is also very noisy, some of the windows to the street dont close all the way and there is a noisy bar down there... The price was way too expensive for what you got.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
hotelinflorence, Direttore at Hotel Sampaoli, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2012

Kind Guest

I have to say something about what you wrote here.
You arrived here without a reservation and all we had available , day by day, has been offered to you. You knew that , not having a reservation, you had to change room almost everyday.
You complain about a price that was 10 times more convenient than the cheapest room in Florence. The town was packed because of a very busy holiday weekend and on the most popular online travel agencies the cheapest room in town was priced 800 euros. All rooms have been shown to you and you accepted prices and the room standards as well. Thanks for using the word "charming" we've appreciated .

Reviewed 24 September 2012

I really did not like my stay there. The hotel is located on a very busy street and there is a bar right down the hotel. We stayed there for 4 nights and I had 4 very bad nights because of all those noises. I was very mad to pay and not to be able to sleep, because this ruined my stay in Florence. The bathroom was very bad, very old and dirty. There is no place in the shower nor the whole bathroom to put your stuff. The only good thing about this hotel is the location. It is a few minutes walk from the train station and the duomo. I don't recommend this hotel, I am sure you can find better.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends