“Not a bad choice”
Review of Hotel Sampaoli

Hotel Sampaoli
Ranked #321 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

This hotel was not a bad choice. The best features were the good location and the helpful two girls who run the place (although they were sometimes hard to find during my stay). My room was clean though basic, and the shared bathrooms were of average cleanliness. I probably would look elsewhere next time but certainly don't regret my stay.

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

This was a pleasant surprise. I stayed at a horrible hostel in Rome a s was reluctant to hostel again but I took another chance. So glad I did!! It's located about 4 blocks from the Duomo and Galeria Acedemia. Lots of restaurants near by. Place is clean, has wifi, AC!!! And a friendly staff. I'm returning to Florence in March and will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Stayed in Florence for the weekend and was very lucky to have found this little gem. Hotel Sampaoli is right at the edge of the centre of beautiful Florence and is perfectly located, literally a ten minute walk to the Duomo, a fifteen minute walk from the train station and fifteen mins from the Uffizi. It is simple, clean and very pleasant. The owners could not have been more helpful and friendly. I really felt welcomed.

My room was perfect! It had a small balcony, a great bed, spacious antique wardrobe, large bathroom (large enough for me anyway!) and Air Conditioning - which was a godsend after the long hot days spent walking, eating and drinking. I was surprised at how good it was for the price.

Breakfast is served in local cafes which I love as it makes you feel like a local.

When I return to Florence I will be staying here.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 7 - it was extremely quiet, nicely furnished with a double bed, good sized bathroom...
Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank BanRi
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We were told this place was new, so I can't blame them entirely if they just acquired it, but of the 15 hostels I stayed at on my trip, this was the worst by far. The showers were gross and wouldn't drain, the place was incredibly hot and we got a ton of mosquito bites. We could only pay in cash which was annoying. The location is good and you get a great breakfast at a nearby cafe, so I hope these new owners can make a significant improvement.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank mleo1230
Reviewed 2 April 2013

The location was good.
The hotel is near by almost all sightseeing spots.
And staffs were very kind and friendly.
The room was clean and sooo cute!
The floor tiles, furniture was cute.
The price was valuable .

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 10 March 2013

After I made the reservation, Sampaoli sent me a email that reminder us to make sure to arrive there before 8pm, but our train delayed. we arrived there almost past 9pm. The staff who was asleep was waken up by our arrival. But she is still so nice to check us in

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joseph_Wu_zw
Reviewed 1 March 2013

We stayed there on a Triple room with a private bathroom. The rooms were really spacious and had a tv, minibar (little fridge). The only negative point of the room was the bathroom, that was quite small and didn't have anything to separate your shower from the rest of it, so whenever you would take a bath, the whole bathroom would be wet (however, it wasn't a problem at all; once you get used to it it's fine).
Other than that, the service is great with a really pleasant staff and the location absolutely excellent, just a couple of blocks away from the Duomo (and the city centre) and the train station; really easy to get to. Next to the hostel you can find a little caffè that sells nice paninis and stuff, which could come in handy for breakfast.
Highly recommended.