“Excellent hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Mexico
“Excellent hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

When we arrived to the hotel it was really confusing where was the front desk as it is at the end of the corridor to the right, but when finally we found it, the front desk lady was really really nice and friendly. She took us to our room and gave us a tour of the hotel where she showed us the incredible terraces that the hotel have. The room was really nice, big and comfortable and we have a view of the Piazza della Trinita and the Tower where Salvatore Ferragamo main offices are (by the way we love the brand and the museum is really nice).
Also as I have mention the roof top terraces are really nice as you have an incredible view of Florence and the Arno River. In the afternoon, as there is a honor bar where the tea and coffee are free or charge, we sat and have a wonderful view of the sunset and how Florence lights start to become alive.
Breakfast was really really good, I loved the bruschettas, the prosciutto, fresh fruit, arancia rossa juice and cafe latte (by the way the coffee was really good).
I would gladly stay again at this hotel, it was really good our stay at it.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
tornabuoni_1, Direttore generale at Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Dear lugasalo,
thank you for sharing your experience with us in Tripadvisor.
It's a great pleasure to read the words you spend about the rooms, the terraces and much more about the staff!
I look forward to welcome you soon in Florence and please, feel free to contact me direclty.
Yours Faithfully,

Maria Rita Bellini

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

This was a perfect boutique hotel with the staff being so welcoming at every opportunity. The room was compact but immaculate and so very appealing with a gorgeous view of the River and surrounding areas of Florence. The staff were wonderfully trained and delightful. God is in the details and this is something that Antica Torre did very well. The delicious breakfast and entrhalling rooftop terraces are worthy of the room price alone. Two very inviting terraces with the most spectacular of vistas. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
tornabuoni_1, Direttore generale at Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
Dear PaulV019,
thank you for the kind comment posted on Tripadvisor.
I should admit that details it's something that you also do very well, in fact, your comment is really useful!
Please, feel free to contact me anytime and please, in case you are planning to come back in Florence, contact me directly.

Montreal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

This was our second trip to Florence. This hotel is very nice. Our room was huge and tastefully decorated. All the modern amenities you need. Very clean too.
Here are some points which can be improved:
Internet was terrible, but Dan at the front desk modified our bill at check out.
Breakfast is only available from 8 - 10 am.
Parking and tours have to be paid in cash ; you can't add it to your room. This is an inconvenience when you have a limited amount of cash on you.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank canuck64
tornabuoni_1, Direttore generale at Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Dear canuck64,
thank you for the kind comment regarding your recent stay with us.
I'm glad you decided to stay again at the Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni for your second visit of Florence and I wish we can welcome you in a next future.
I apologize for the connection problems you had but I'm happy to inform that we change our internet provider and our connection is now faster. I would like to remember that even if breakfast is from 8.00 to 10.00am we always offer breakfast before that time and in case our guests do not come for breakfast after 10.30am or 11.00am, we use to call them in the room asking if they would like room service or if we should keep something ready for them. Regarding the garage and the tours, the service provider require the payment in cash so it's not really our rules but we will try to improve this service as well.
I look forward to welcome you again in Florence,
Kind Regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

We had the most wonderful stay here. Our room was huge and comfortable. Breakfast, served on the 7th floor was amazing. The rooftop bar with the view of the Arno River is incredible. We took a bottle of wine up there each night after dinner.
The breakfast staff are very friendly. The front desk staff was very helpful and cheerfully greeted us each time we returned to the hotel.
Since there are only 2 floors open of this cool building, the vibe of the hotel is warm and small. I highly recommend a visit here!

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank MalamaKaren
Dear MalamaKaren,
thank you for the kind words regarding your visit at the Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni 1.
I'm happy you feel comfortable and we really are a "Boutique Historical Residence" so the atmosphere as you describe is really warm and small....
I wish to welcome again in Florence and please contact me directly in case of reservation.

Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

I've been to Florence several times, and stayed at various hotels, but, after my stay here, I will never go anywhere else. The experience was top notch, from check-in to our departure. The staff was knowledgeable about the area and helped us with some reservations, all of which were excellent recommendations. Our room was truly special for Europe, and impeccably decorated. The highlight for sure was the terrace on the rooftop - some of the best views of the city are right there. The location is also extremely convenient - very close to all of the sights. Without even prompting from my husband, the staff realized from my passport that it was my birthday and made me a special birthday cake at breakfast. It's the small things that make a difference, and this place does them all right. I can't say enough about this wonderful hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kristen P
tornabuoni_1, Direttore generale at Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Dear Kristen P,
thank you for the wonderful words about your recent stay with us.
We all make this job with passion and we adore to offer the best warm hospitality to all our guests, so, we know that small things can make the difference!
We are happy to know that you appreciate the birthday cake we offer you for breakfast!
Please, call me anytime and contact me directly if you decide to celebrate again your birthday in Florence.
Kind Regards,

Kent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

We stayed here in February for my 50th birthday and before booking wanted a hotel that was within 10 minutes walk from all the sights and had a view of the Arno and the Ponte Vecchio from the room, this hotel ticks all the boxes and then some.

We flew from London City to Florence and a taxi from the airport costs 20 euros which is a set fee and drops you right outside the door, check in was excellent with the staff being very helpful and they speak excellent English too. We had booked the Romantic Suite and it was enormous with a gorgeous bathroom and separate jacuzzi bath in the room. There are 3 windows in the room with two giving you a view of the Arno and the Ponte Vecchio as expected.

However, the real plus point and USP of this hotel is the roof terrace which is spectacular with amazing views of the Duomo, River Arno, Ponte Vecchio, in fact the whole city, it was breathtaking and although it was cold in February it was still possible to make use of it as the days were bright and sunny.

Breakfast was excellent with a great choice and great coffee and enough to set you on your way for exploring this amazing city. The waitress at breakfast was very sweet and nothing was too much trouble. We went to the roof terrace for a night cap each evening and took in the floodlight view of the Duomo and the hotel operate an honesty bar system after a certain time.

Florence is gorgeous and everything we thought it would be, I am not an art buff but the David statue and the Ulfezi are amazing, we bought a Firenze card which was great and worked well, we walked everywhere and I think its the best way to explore the city, February was in my opinion a great time to go it was cold and crisp but none of the attractions had any queues to speak of, I have spoken to people who have been in the summer months when its 35 degrees and the queues are measured in hours not minutes.

We loved Florence and will be back and would stay at the Antica.

Room Tip: Get a river view
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Traveljunkie2801,
thank you for the kind comment you posted in Tripadvisor.
I'm glad you appreciate every single point of your stay with us and I completely agree that February is a wonderful month for Florence, obviously it's cold but the access to museums and galleries is extremely easy; you could taste different local menu with fresh and winter's season vegetables; prices are reasonable and much more you could really feel a Florentine!
Everything you may need, please contact me anytime.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

The hotel was wonderful in every way. The staff were hospitable, helpful and incredibly polite. The breakfast was delicious and only made better by the amazing view over the city from our balcony. Our room was spacious and was well maintained and very quiet. The location could not be better: all the attractions of Florence were a short walk away, many restaurants were within a few minutes of the hotel. Overall a great experience in an elegant, relaxed hotel that is professional with high standards.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with river views.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Rob575,
I thank you for the kind message you posted regarding your recent stay with us.
I'm pleased you appreciate all our services, the location, breakfast and the staff and I wish you could come back in Florence for a longer "romantic break".
Looking forward to welcoming you again,
Yours Faithfully,