Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
  • Bar/Lounge
US$358
US$297
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Loggiato dei Serviti(Florence)(Great Value!)
US$233
US$226
Travelocity
US$335
US$283
  • Breakfast included
San Firenze Suites & Spa(Florence)
US$546
US$528
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Hermitage(Florence)
US$329
US$281
Travelocity
1,181 results
All reviewsrooftop terracesarno riverhonor barhonesty barsanta trinita bridgerenaissance suitehonor systemcentury towerlibrary roomsalvatore ferragamogreat terraceperfect locationthis wonderful hotelboutique hotelevery morningbreakfast roomdeluxe room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Far and away our best hotel experience in our two weeks in Italy.

The view, the service and the room were all top notch. We paid far more for far less at other "5-star" hotels in Rome and Venice and none compared. The location was excellent. Really, I could rave and rave about staying here but you should find out for yourself and go.

It's rare that you find such value and service but we did here. When we return, we won't stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: We had a standard room and it was big and comfortable overlooking the street and square out front.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel is situated in the heart of the high street shops and only a stone's throw from the main sights of Florence. The views from the Panorama bar and rooftop viewing terraces give you a bird eye's view of Florence, especially at sunset. We were greeted with a bottle of Prosecco and personal note from the hotel as we had noted that we were on our honeymoon - a great touch! The rooms are spacious and very comfortable. There is a good DVD collection in the reception for enjoying nights in! A great hotel overall!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni is a perfect blend of outstanding service, excellent location, comfortable rooms and incredible views. We stayed at this hotel for four nights in late October. Our suite was very spacious, well-appointed and had a private balcony facing the river. The location could not be better, I do not believe that there is a nicer or more convenient place in all of Florence. Our room faced the Arno River and the Ponte Vecchio. I would find myself gazing out the window for long periods of time. Breakfast is served in the top floor with a choice of either indoor or outdoor seating in the terrace. The terrace, which is open all day and well into the night, offers 360 degree views of Florence. I highly recommend this hotel. If you go to Florence you needn't look further

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the river
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I wish I could give 5 stars for this lovely hotel and still recommended this hotel to my niece for her honeymoon next May. But the missing star is my dissatisfaction about the huge difference between rooms within the same 'classic' category & the same rate. My sister from Japan and I stayed there for 3 nights at the beginning of November 2013. We were very impressed with a breath-taking view from the roof-top terrace. Breakfast has a variety of choices with some variations every morning and staff are all friendly and helpful (brilliant English speakers). We were given a pleasant room with a view of the river/town square for the first two nights but when we return from Venice after one night stay there, we couldn't get the same room or a room of the same standard although they are at the same rate within the same category. Our second room only had a shower, no bath tub. It also had a jammed bathroom door which needs to be slam-closed and drafty windows with a broken knob, so it was freezing (even if it was a relatively warm day)! The room was so tiny that one of the twin beds almost touches the main door when it's open. The view from the room was only a scaffolding over the next door building. They compensated with a discounted rate for our 3rd night so their service is excellent but I still do feel they need to spend money on refurbishment of 'essentials' such as windows and doors for comfort before splashing on decors. I asked the reception for the same or similar room for our 3rd night, yet the room we got couldn't be so far from the room we were given for the first time. They told me to request a bathroom with a bath tub as well as shower next time, but considering the rates and posh decor of the place, I could not imagine there would be a bathroom without a tub! We booked our room two months before. 日本人の方には特に、予約の際にバスタブのある部屋と必ず依頼なさる事をお勧めします!シャワーだけの場合、位置の調節の不可能な天井シャワーです。私達が泊まった際には、ホテルの備えつきシャワーキャップは2つとも箱が空のままでした。部屋に入ったら直ぐに、お部屋の備品と窓の閉まり具合を確認しましょう!

Room Tip: If you can spend more, upgrade your room for a guaranteed view and quality/size of the room. For standard rooms, make sure you request a bath tub and shower, and windows with a nice view not scaffolding (no guaranteed though). Check all the free stuff in the bathroom before taking off your clothes as two boxes which were supposed to contain shower caps were empty and we desperately needed them for the shower fixed on the ceiling!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Yukari D
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We stayed at the Antica Torre for 8 nights in mid-November and loved our time there. The location and the hotel itself are top-notch.

We were a bit skeptical when we checked in due to the tiny reception area, but once we saw our floor and room (104--Grand Deluxe Romantic), we were sold. Everything about this hotel (except maybe the reception area) is beautiful. Our room was huge--with a separate (large) dressing area which also contained on one end a jetted tub. We had a sofa in the room, a desk, a small table with 4 chairs, and the room was still spacious. The bathroom was a bit cramped, but was nicely appointed and scrupulously clean. It did have ample storage space beneath the vanity. There were also 3 large windows in the room, which overlooked the Arno. How wonderful it was each morning to open the shutters and casement windows to the beautiful view!

The bed was comfortable and the bed linens crisp and lovely. We had requested down pillows, which we had, but there were only two. We requested two more, and they were delivered within a very few minutes. The toweling in the bathroom was also high quality--large and thick.

The breakfast buffet was something to look forward to each morning. It was quite elaborate; in fact, I never got around to sampling everything even though we were there for so many mornings. The breakfast room overlooked the river and had an adjoining terrace. The servers were friendly and accommodating.

The terraces are mentioned everywhere in the TA reviews. All I have to add about them is that all the raving about how beautiful they and the views are have not been exaggerated! It's all true. The bar adjoins one of the terraces. It was fun to sit in the bar for a late-night glass of wine and look through the wall of windows at the lovely view.

Though the reception area was small, the people working there were all gracious and most helpful.

The location of the hotel is ideal--close enough to everything to walk, yet in an area that is not totally overrun with tourists.

We had an early flight out on our last morning--before the people in reception came on duty and before breakfast was served. We were quite worried about our cab and what we would do for breakfast. When we came in from our last night's dinner, we found two beautifully appointed trays for our breakfast the next morning--with a big bowl of fruit, yogurt, cereal, pastries, several kinds of tea and an electric kettle. Beautifully done! Reception arranged a cab for us the day before, and it arrived at 6 A.M.--exactly the time we requested. Our worries were all for naught!

Only two things were missing: a clock and robes. Other than that, this small boutique hotel on this end of the wide, lovely, relatively uncongested Via Tornabuoni is perfect.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank r0ckhill
tornabuoni_1, Direttore generale at Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear r0ckhill,
what can I add? I just can thank you for the detailed descrition of our property and I'm so proud to read your experience on Tripadvisor.
We always do our best to satisfy the guest' needs and I should inform that bathrobes are available on request so, I'm very sorry if we didn't provide you but, at the same time, we will do our best to organize clocks in every room.
Please, feel free to contact me anytime.

Maria Rita Bellini