Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
US$243
US$230
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Orto De Medici(Florence)
US$219
Travelocity
US$247
TripAdvisor
1,183 results
All reviewsrooftop terracesarno riverhonor barhonesty barsanta trinita bridgerenaissance suitehonor systemcentury towerlibrary roomsalvatore ferragamogreat terraceperfect locationthis wonderful hotelboutique hotelevery morningbreakfast roomdeluxe room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 December 2013

We were graciously upgraded to the library deluxe room, which was a delight. The decor was luxurious but comfortable, with excellent views of the river and nearby piazza. The rooftop lounge and terraces provided even better views (though the terrace with direct views of the Duomo was closed for renovations). The staff were very friendly, spoke excellent English, and made terrific recommendations for nearby restaurants. The hotel itself is centrally located, close to all of the major attractions and galleries. All in all, a very good stay - highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 December 2013

Really great place to stay in Florence. Great spacious rooms, good facilities, clean, accommodating and central. However, the lack of tea and coffee facilities in the room itself was quite annoying...

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

I will give you an honest review of this hotel. This may be a long review, but I had to write it. Having stayed at numerous hotels across the states I really thought this hotel would live up to all the hype posted on TripAdvisor. We were completely wrong. Honestly, I still don't see what some of these other folks have seen.

We checked in on my birthday. We were upgraded because it was also our honeymoon, but it was really just a very large and dated apartment. It wasn't luxurious at all, but we tried to deal with it because the location was great (had a view of the Arno from our room) and the view from the terraces is amazing! However, after being in our room for a while we started to feel uncomfortable. The shower was disgusting and I didn't want to touch anything nor step in the shower. There were ants crawling all over the bathroom, the shower turned cold if someone was running water at the sink, and then the shower drain was clogged backing up water and God knows what else while showering. Definitely not my idea of spending my honeymoon. The air turned off at night among other things. I was so disgusted that I wanted to leave.

We reported the issues to the girl, Marina, at the front desk who said that she would send someone up to look at the drain and try to move us to another room the next day. So we went out to dinner for my birthday. When we returned we asked if the drain was fixed and we were told that the guy went upstairs but he couldn't fix it until the next day so we just had to "deal with it one more night." I just couldn't take it anymore. I reported it to our travel agent that we were dissatisfied with the room and didn't want to stay there anymore. She said she was sure they would credit us the rest of our stay. So the next morning (after one night) we went downstairs and talked to Marina again who said that she was trying to get us another room, which we couldn't see until the afternoon. We were gone on tours all day so if we returned in the evening and didn't like that room then we would've been stuck. Besides, after seeing our friends's room (#505, which was 3x worse than ours) I had no faith in the hotel. Marina called the manager in front of us and stated that we could check out and we would not be billed for the entire stay. (Second mistake: we never got anything in writing or a print out; trusted that they were honest. First mistake was listening to our travel agent about staying here). So we head back upstairs and grab our belongings and then head back down to check out.

Weeks after we return home we found our that this hotel had charged us for the ENTIRE stay!! Now, I could see if they charged us for the night we stayed, but the entire trip?! We would've never checked out if we had known, but again, we trusted that they would do the right thing and stand by their word. Wrong! They made claims that they never told us we could check out and that we would not have to pay. The manager was extremely nasty to my husband and has no concept of good, quality customer service. They continued to lie about us reporting any issues to them and made false accusations against us like we brought our things to check out before even talking to them (all lies - I wish there were video cameras in there). Not to mention we have several emails back and forth with our travel agent detailing our issues and corroborating our story. Their claims were that we didn't like the decor and that's no reason to leave, etc. Yes, we didn't like the decor but we left because the hotel was nasty and one step above a hostel! They didn't live up to their word and single handedly almost ruined our views of Italy.

The pros - the location is GREAT!!! It is near a ton of designer shops. It is like being on 5th Avenue in NYC. The bar at the terrace was a nice touch and we enjoyed the honesty bar. And of course the terrace views. But that's it! When we pulled up to the hotel we were impressed but that changed quickly once we entered!

The cons - everything else you can think of. It is not a full-service hotel. Staff leave early each night and lock the front door. You have to use a fob to get in. We asked what happens if we are locked out, etc. - who do we call? "Oh, there is someone that lives in the building." Would've been nice if they told us when we checked in. We found this out right before they were locking up for the evening, and we still didn't know how to reach this person. It is not like we could use our cell phones nor was contact information provided to us. I can't even say the front desk staff is okay because Marina and the manager are flat out liars and extremely unprofessional (watch the nasty response I will probably get back from her and then think about why you would want to stay here). I've read some of the responses she has made to previous guests who complained on TripAdvisor (nasty attitude and unprofessional). If you are looking for just a plain old place to rest your head then stay here. If you are looking for a real 4 or 5 star luxurious hotel - this isn't it!! You can take advantage of the terrace views (which is their selling point) without staying here! One terrace is open 24 hours and the other until 10pm. Don't let this be the reason you stay here. There are a ton of hotels nearby that are cheaper and WAY better than this one. For example, the Hotel Lungarno (who welcomed us with open arms) was right across the Arno and truly gave us the experience we were looking for AND it was cheaper.

After our experience with the staff at this place, I could and will NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone!!

• Stayed: August 2013
11  Thank LaIppy
tornabuoni_1, Direttore generale at Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear LaIppy,
I'm sorry if I'll be very short because I do not want to have the "nasty attitude and unprofessional" that you mentioned in your comment.
I'm very sorry that you consider a mistake follow the suggestion of your travel agent, especially because she is one of the most professional travel specialist I've never meet and I should admit that she is the unique reason why you didn't spend any money for your stay in Florence.
I should also apologize about the staff in fact, unfortunately we had no enough fantasy in finding any ants in your room or problems with your shower.
I'll take the opportunity to inform all the reader that we have a porter available all night in case of emergencies.
Regards,

Maria RIta Bellini

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Far and away our best hotel experience in our two weeks in Italy.

The view, the service and the room were all top notch. We paid far more for far less at other "5-star" hotels in Rome and Venice and none compared. The location was excellent. Really, I could rave and rave about staying here but you should find out for yourself and go.

It's rare that you find such value and service but we did here. When we return, we won't stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: We had a standard room and it was big and comfortable overlooking the street and square out front.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel is situated in the heart of the high street shops and only a stone's throw from the main sights of Florence. The views from the Panorama bar and rooftop viewing terraces give you a bird eye's view of Florence, especially at sunset. We were greeted with a bottle of Prosecco and personal note from the hotel as we had noted that we were on our honeymoon - a great touch! The rooms are spacious and very comfortable. There is a good DVD collection in the reception for enjoying nights in! A great hotel overall!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple