Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
US$415
US$367
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Hilton Florence Metropole(Florence)(Great Value!)
US$155
Hotel David(Florence)
US$207
US$197
1,189 results
All reviewsrooftop terracesarno riverhonor barhonesty barsanta trinita bridgerenaissance suitehonor systemcentury towerlibrary roomsalvatore ferragamogreat terraceperfect locationthis wonderful hotelboutique hotelevery morningbreakfast roomdeluxe room
Reviewed 31 December 2013

The only issue with this hotel is that the furnishings are getting a little tired. If the interior couches and such were updated, I could not resist in giving this hotel a five star rating -- perhaps one of the highest ratings I have ever given a hotel.

The concierge, Mika, and the other staff at the desk were extremely helpful and attentive. The initial welcome was exceptional. The rooms were huge -- I mean big for Europe standards. The beds were very comfortable. Very clean. Good views of the river. Excellent location. Easy to get in and out of. Close to the attractions if you don't mind walking three or four minutes. Very well known in town and well respected from what I could tell.

The breakfast was excellent and I would recommend the breakfast for a good easy start to your day. It is also close to the train station. Coming there, we took two cabs for our family of five, but after we saw that it was close enough to walk with rolling luggage, we just hoofed it back when we left rather than bother with a cab. It was not too far, but certainly not close enough for someone who would be uncomfortable moving with luggage.

This would be my first choice in returning again to Firenze. We have been here before, but this stay was improved dramatically by this hotel stay. The value is a little lopsided, but I think it is still within the luxury pricing (but perhaps value-wise, just on the bottom end of that category).

We had two rooms for a family of five. They were in the same section and next to each other. It was a nice arrangement for us. Feel confident in having a good experience if you are in your price range. It may not be a Four Seasons, but it could be with just a little work.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view. We enjoyed just a little street noise, so do this only if you love views and don't mind a little traffic noise -- which we don't. Not sure there is a bad room in the hotel.
Reviewed 28 December 2013

The Grand Deluxe Room was spacious. There is a living room with a table, sofa and a book shelf with books which provides a homely touch. The bedroom was simple and the amenities in the bathroom were basic. there also seems to be problem with the plumbing in the bathtub as water drainage is slow. The sign on the entrance of the hotel said 'luxurious' hotel so although it is a comfortable room, I will not rate this luxurious.

The room was stuffy but opening the windows helped. Unfortunately, this also meant that noise drifted up from the street below and hence I didn't sleep well during my stay. My room also faces the office/museum of Salvatore Ferragamo which also means I have to leave the curtains closed all the time.

This hotel shares space with other offices in the same building and the hotel staffs are only available from 7am-10pm after which you have to use the key to access the lobby if you return after 10pm. I do not feel comfortable that there is no person on duty from 10pm onwards because when you are in a foreign land, you would want to know there is someone whom you can get in touch with in case of emergency.

However, if the above are not a consideration when choosing a hotel, then this is the perfect location as it is situated in the centre of most 'must see' places in the city area and also to many good restaurants, cafes and designer shops.

Other pluses are the ever helpful staffs and the availability of free coffee/tea on the 6th storey. They also serve fruits/cakes which are left from breakfast but I see nothing wrong with that.

The nice terrace which other reviewers wrote about is currently under renovation but if you want to go outside to have a picture, you can still do that from the breakfast area.

2  Thank PALMS4EVER
Reviewed 25 December 2013

We were graciously upgraded to the library deluxe room, which was a delight. The decor was luxurious but comfortable, with excellent views of the river and nearby piazza. The rooftop lounge and terraces provided even better views (though the terrace with direct views of the Duomo was closed for renovations). The staff were very friendly, spoke excellent English, and made terrific recommendations for nearby restaurants. The hotel itself is centrally located, close to all of the major attractions and galleries. All in all, a very good stay - highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 December 2013

Really great place to stay in Florence. Great spacious rooms, good facilities, clean, accommodating and central. However, the lack of tea and coffee facilities in the room itself was quite annoying...

Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

I will give you an honest review of this hotel. This may be a long review, but I had to write it. Having stayed at numerous hotels across the states I really thought this hotel would live up to all the hype posted on TripAdvisor. We were completely wrong. Honestly, I still don't see what some of these other folks have seen.

We checked in on my birthday. We were upgraded because it was also our honeymoon, but it was really just a very large and dated apartment. It wasn't luxurious at all, but we tried to deal with it because the location was great (had a view of the Arno from our room) and the view from the terraces is amazing! However, after being in our room for a while we started to feel uncomfortable. The shower was disgusting and I didn't want to touch anything nor step in the shower. There were ants crawling all over the bathroom, the shower turned cold if someone was running water at the sink, and then the shower drain was clogged backing up water and God knows what else while showering. Definitely not my idea of spending my honeymoon. The air turned off at night among other things. I was so disgusted that I wanted to leave.

We reported the issues to the girl, Marina, at the front desk who said that she would send someone up to look at the drain and try to move us to another room the next day. So we went out to dinner for my birthday. When we returned we asked if the drain was fixed and we were told that the guy went upstairs but he couldn't fix it until the next day so we just had to "deal with it one more night." I just couldn't take it anymore. I reported it to our travel agent that we were dissatisfied with the room and didn't want to stay there anymore. She said she was sure they would credit us the rest of our stay. So the next morning (after one night) we went downstairs and talked to Marina again who said that she was trying to get us another room, which we couldn't see until the afternoon. We were gone on tours all day so if we returned in the evening and didn't like that room then we would've been stuck. Besides, after seeing our friends's room (#505, which was 3x worse than ours) I had no faith in the hotel. Marina called the manager in front of us and stated that we could check out and we would not be billed for the entire stay. (Second mistake: we never got anything in writing or a print out; trusted that they were honest. First mistake was listening to our travel agent about staying here). So we head back upstairs and grab our belongings and then head back down to check out.

Weeks after we return home we found our that this hotel had charged us for the ENTIRE stay!! Now, I could see if they charged us for the night we stayed, but the entire trip?! We would've never checked out if we had known, but again, we trusted that they would do the right thing and stand by their word. Wrong! They made claims that they never told us we could check out and that we would not have to pay. The manager was extremely nasty to my husband and has no concept of good, quality customer service. They continued to lie about us reporting any issues to them and made false accusations against us like we brought our things to check out before even talking to them (all lies - I wish there were video cameras in there). Not to mention we have several emails back and forth with our travel agent detailing our issues and corroborating our story. Their claims were that we didn't like the decor and that's no reason to leave, etc. Yes, we didn't like the decor but we left because the hotel was nasty and one step above a hostel! They didn't live up to their word and single handedly almost ruined our views of Italy.

The pros - the location is GREAT!!! It is near a ton of designer shops. It is like being on 5th Avenue in NYC. The bar at the terrace was a nice touch and we enjoyed the honesty bar. And of course the terrace views. But that's it! When we pulled up to the hotel we were impressed but that changed quickly once we entered!

The cons - everything else you can think of. It is not a full-service hotel. Staff leave early each night and lock the front door. You have to use a fob to get in. We asked what happens if we are locked out, etc. - who do we call? "Oh, there is someone that lives in the building." Would've been nice if they told us when we checked in. We found this out right before they were locking up for the evening, and we still didn't know how to reach this person. It is not like we could use our cell phones nor was contact information provided to us. I can't even say the front desk staff is okay because Marina and the manager are flat out liars and extremely unprofessional (watch the nasty response I will probably get back from her and then think about why you would want to stay here). I've read some of the responses she has made to previous guests who complained on TripAdvisor (nasty attitude and unprofessional). If you are looking for just a plain old place to rest your head then stay here. If you are looking for a real 4 or 5 star luxurious hotel - this isn't it!! You can take advantage of the terrace views (which is their selling point) without staying here! One terrace is open 24 hours and the other until 10pm. Don't let this be the reason you stay here. There are a ton of hotels nearby that are cheaper and WAY better than this one. For example, the Hotel Lungarno (who welcomed us with open arms) was right across the Arno and truly gave us the experience we were looking for AND it was cheaper.

After our experience with the staff at this place, I could and will NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone!!

• Stayed: August 2013
11  Thank LaIppy
tornabuoni_1, Direttore generale at Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear LaIppy,
I'm sorry if I'll be very short because I do not want to have the "nasty attitude and unprofessional" that you mentioned in your comment.
I'm very sorry that you consider a mistake follow the suggestion of your travel agent, especially because she is one of the most professional travel specialist I've never meet and I should admit that she is the unique reason why you didn't spend any money for your stay in Florence.
I should also apologize about the staff in fact, unfortunately we had no enough fantasy in finding any ants in your room or problems with your shower.
I'll take the opportunity to inform all the reader that we have a porter available all night in case of emergencies.
Regards,