“Perfect Location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
Ranked #11 of 421 Hotels in Florence
GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

After searching through the reviews of hotels in Florence we chose this for the roof top terrace and it was amazing! We upgraded to a de-luxe room and had our own terrace with wonderful views over this lovely city. The staff were charming and very helpful. The breakfasts were very good too. All in all a perfect couple of nights. Our only criticism was that we waited ages for the water in the shower to heat up but I think this was a problem which they were rectifying.There are lots of places to eat in the evening - for all budgets. I would consider the Antica to be on the expensive side but the location is so convenient for all the attractions - and the roof terrace is well worth paying the extra for. A great place to stay!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
tornabuoni_1, Direttore generale at Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Su3611,
thanks a lot for sharing your experience at the Antica Torre Tornabuoni, it will be useful for many travellers.
We are so glad you appreciate our property and we are taking avantage of your note regarding the water in the shower, we will let check the system to the technicians.
I wish to welcome you soon in Florence and I'll thank you once again for your words.

Maria Rita Bellini

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

We booked the hotel based on the reviews on tripadvisor. What we expected was a nice hotel in Florence that is a little overpaid. What we got was a splendid, warm welcome, a very nice room, a sensational terrace (you HAVE to check it out in the evening) and a very nice stay in Florence. If you go visit the city, this is THE hotel to go to.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
tornabuoni_1, Direttore generale at Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Bienli0815,
thanks for your kind words regarding the Antica Torre Tornabuoni.
I'm sure that your review will help many travellers as you and thanks for writing "this is THE hotel to go to"; I really appreciate your comment.
Please feel free to contact me anytime and evrrything you may need, call me directly.

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

We could not have picked a better hotel for our honeymoon! The staff was fabulous and the room was amazing. To top it all off, the views from the rooftop terraces were incredible! The location is also perfect - within easy walking distance from all the sights. Highly recommend this hotel!

Dear Bethany R,
thank you for choosing the Antica Torre Tornabuoni for your honeymoon in Florence.
I'll be honored to offer a special treatment if you'll come back for your anniversary and please, make a direct reservation so we could reserve a special room for you.
Everything you may need, please call me anytime.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

I stayed here for four nights during mid May with my wife - our first city break without the children. Having done many city breaks around the world including two others in Italy during the past couple of years we knew exactly what we wanted. This hotel ticked most of the boxes for me and a few more for my wife who persuaded me to upgrade my intended rating of 'very good' to 'excellent'. The location is just perfect, the terraces are superb, the breakfast very good and there are some great rooms with atmospheric views.
The staff were consistently and without exception the best we have ever come across. I exchanged dozens of emails with them prior to arrival, booking taxi transfers from and to the airport, private tours and advance tickets to galleries and museums. Nothing was ever too much trouble for them. Their level of professionalism was carried through during our stay, and always with a smile!
The highlight of this hotel though has to be the magnificant rooftop terraces which provide superb views over Florence. There is one overlooking the river and one overlooking the rooftops beyond the Duomo and towards the hills in the distance. Not to forget the smaller terrace off the breakfast lounge which also overlooks the river. The bar also adjoins the main rooftop terrace where there is waiter service from 4.30-10.30pm (approx) where you can purchase alcoholic drinks or be served at your table on the terrace with your free beverage. Outside these hours it is self service, with unlimited free tea and coffee all day and an honesty bar system for the rest - nice touch! We took our own bottle of bubbly on to the terrace on two afternoons and just soaked up the views for a few hours.
We stayed in a Grande Deluxe room at 325 euros per night (room 403). It was a pleasant enough room (my wife seemed to like it more than me) but didn't have quite the view of the Duomo that I had hoped for. It was a bit more restricted than I thought it would be. I'll go for a view of the river or the fifth floor view of the Duomo if we stay here again. I wasn't too impressed with one of the ill fitting single glazed casement windows which tended to let a bit too much of the outside noise into the room for my liking (not that the hotel is in a noisy spot), but in fairness it wasn't bad enough to bother complaining about and may well have been repaired by now. I wasn't as impressed with the huge antique wardrobe as my wife was. She thought that it was a wonderful piece of furniture that looked as though it belonged in a medieval castle. We had to store everything in this one unit and it creaked everytime it was opened. But hey-ho, this is after all a historic building and these things do add to it's character and charm. What didn't add to it's character for me though was the constant sound of footsteps across the parquet floor in the room above us. I assume that the room above was unoccupied for our first three nights as we never heard a sound, but on the last full day/night it kicked off with a vengeance 'clump clump' constantly for 2 hours in the early evening and then for another half an hour between 12.30-1.00am. I complained to reception who informed us that they knew of the problem and refunded us the cost of two glasses of wine on our bill. To save rambling on about this any further my point is that it may be best to avoid room 403 until the room above is carpeted.
This mild grumble aside the hotel is still one that we would consider returning to should we revisit Florence. Choose the right room for your budget and personal taste and you can't go wrong. We booked six months in advance and my first choices were not available, so book early if you want one of their special rooms on offer.

Room Tip: Request a high floor to get the best views - river or city, it's a matter of personal preference...
4 Thank 186378Phil
tornabuoni_1, Direttore generale at Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear 186378Phil,
thanks a lot for sharing your experience regarding your recent stay at the Antica Torre Tornabuoni, also I would love to thank also your wife that expressed so wonderfl words regarding us!
I'll take the opportunity to give you few more information regarding the forniture in room 403, that is really antique and it's part of the family collection that owned the Tower so I'm sorry if it's creaked everytime it was opened!
I wish you could come back in Florence, with your children if you wish so we could propose one of our amazing Suite.

Cochabamba, Bolivia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

I am glad that I have travelled ,most of the rest of the world before staying here. If I had stayed here first, the rest of the world would have been SO disappointing. This is a fine hotel with fabulously attentive staff, but what really makes it special are the THREE rooftop terraces - the bar terrace overlooking the Duomo, the Garden Terrace facing the setting sun over the Arno, and of course the Breakfast terrace on which to sip a cappuccino. This tower is taller than. Any other surrounding building so the views are unobstructed in all directions. I will never forget the views or the fragrance of the walls of flowering Jasmine, listening to the tolling bells of the Duomo. Expensive and worth it.

Room Tip: The fifth floor rooms are closer to the terraces and have stunning views of their own.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jeff R
tornabuoni_1, Direttore generale at Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Jeff R,
there is nothing to add after I saw your comment about your recent stay with us.
Your opinion left me with no words and I cannot say thank you enough!
My only wish is to have the opportunity to welcome again in a next future and everything you may need, please feel free to contact me anytime.
Grazie mille!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

This has become one of our favorite hotels in Italy. A gracious staff, well appointed rooms and that view from the rooftop bar. Looks like a movie set! The location is right across from the Ferragamo Museum and is close to everything. The only place we will stay in Florence going forward.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tim R
Dear Tim R,
I would like to thank you personally for the recent comment you posted on Tripadvisor.
I'm extremely glad you had a pleasant stay with us and we really look forward to welcoming you again in a next future,.

Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel. It is centrally located and has a gorgeous rooftop patio and bar. If you choose to visit the bar after hours, it is an honor bar and you write down what you had. Breakfast is wonderful and they have a limited menu in the patio area of soup, salad, and sandwiches served daily.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank JEHtexas
tornabuoni_1, Direttore generale at Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear JEHtexas,
thank you for your second visit at the Antica Torre Tornabuoni.
I'm glad you appreciate our new service, in fact, it's now possible to have a light (or not) meal in our Roof Bar, with advance reservation and I'm glad to confirm that all the products are local and fresh and everything it's handmade from our chef.
Looking forward to welcoming you for the third time,
All the best.