“Stunning roof terrace overlooking Duomo and the river !” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
Ranked #11 of 421 Hotels in Florence
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Stunning roof terrace overlooking Duomo and the river !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

This hotel has the most perfect terraces to breakfast overlooking the river and many of Florence's bridges. The main two roof terraces overlook the river and the Duomo and all the terracotta roofs of Florence , perfection! Wonderful and very attentive service , ask for restaurant recommendations and you won't be disappointed! Bar on the roof is a perfect addition and every member of staff was friendly and very helpful ! This hotel is worth every penny ! Fantastic!

Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
tornabuoni_1, Direttore generale at Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Carey1961,
thanks a lot for your kind words and I'm glad you appreciate the views of our 3 terraces: all of them are wonderful and you can admire the city from different point of views.
I look forward to welcoming you in a future and please contact me directly in case of reservation.

Maria Rita Bellini

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

My husband and I spent 3 nights at this wonderful boutique hotel on one of the most exclusive streets of historic Florence. We had a classic room with king size bed which was very pretty and comfortable. The bathroom is well appointed with a good size shower. Since this is an old building the water pressure is not great but certainly adequate. The hotel has a beautiful terrace on the top floor with outstanding views of Florence, the Duomo and Palazzo Vecchio. We enjoyed a pre-dinner drink one evening which was relaxing and panoramic. I think one of the best features of this hotel is the location. It is literally a few steps from the Arno and a 3 minute walk to Ponte Vecchio. The Duomo is a 5 minute walk and since this is the center of Florence, you are really close to everything. The hotel made a wonderful dinner recommendation to a restaurant around the corner called L'Parione. The steak florentine and roasted potatoes were to die for! We truly enjoyed our stay at Antica Torre dei Via Tournabouni and would definitely return.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 402 which was very nice and had a pretty good view.
Green Features: They do ask us to hang up our towels for re-use in order to save the planet, but the hooks on the bathroom door are not great and the towels had difficulty staying on the hooks.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
tornabuoni_1, Direttore generale at Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear LilG50,
thanks a lot for posting your comment on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay with us.
Location, location, location I cannot add anything at your words because Via Tornabuoni is really the heart of the fashion district and obviously the heart of Florence.
I relaly look forward to welcome you in a next future.
Kind Regards,

Barcelona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

We cannot say enough good things about Antica Torre. My wife and I stayed at this lovely hotel last April. Upon checking in, our bags disappeared and were in our room before we signed the register. A member of the staff then took us on a tour of the may amenities offered at Antica Torre. We were shown two rooftop terraces overlooking both Il Duomo and central Florence and on the other side, the River Arno and Ponte Vecchio. A guest can sit comfortably to view the panorama while enjoying a favorite drink and snack offered at the nearby honor bar.

Our room was spacious, clean, comfortable and beautifully decorated with a window view of Il Duomo. Breakfast offered an endless variety of fresh food, fruits and beverages. When the chef added a new dish, we were honored to be asked for a critique (always A+). Dinner recommendations and reservations were cheerfully given by the friendly and professional staff.

Our memorable visit to Florence was enhanced with our stay at Antica Torre.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
2 Thank Albert H
tornabuoni_1, Direttore generale at Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Albert H,
what a pleasure to read your wonderful message!
We are absolutely glad you appreciated every single point of your stay at the Antica torre Tornabuoni, it's such a pleasure to satisfy our guests and much more we will do our best to get your return in Florence even more memorable!
Please contact me for everything you may need.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Pros:
- Excellent location. There is simply no topping it. 2 min to Ponte Vecchio and all the other major tourist sites. Surrounded by luxurious boutiques. Good restaurants in the area.
- Indoor and outdoor sitting area in one of the towers with breathtaking views of the Duomo. Tea is free. I just wished we had time to utilize the space more.
- Comfortable rooms with tasteful decor. Everything functioned well. In fact, I can't think of a single thing that I would like to have changed.
- Great breakfast area with outstanding city view. Breakfast spread is wonderful from warm food, pastries, yogurt, fruit, etc.

Cons:
- While the employees are cordial and efficient, I will say that the hotel is a bit undermanned for this price range, and thus the front desk's demeanor is a bit brusque. Be prepared to carry your own luggage, don't expect high quality concierge service and you'll be much happier.
- No front desk service after 10pm. Would be tragic if you forgot to grab your keys, etc.
- My husband wanted to enjoy the beautiful views from the terrace at breakfast, but was harassed by pigeons. He joined the rest of us indoors for the remainder of our stay. The breakfast servers could also be a bit on the slow side, they seem to be undermanned as well.
- The same trombone player played in the piazza below our room every evening. We found the performance quaint and romantic the first night. Unfortunately the guy had an extremely small repertoire consisting of "Godfather" theme song and "Danny Boy", so by the third night, we felt tired and impatient...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Aquavanguard
tornabuoni_1, Direttore generale at Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Aquavanguard,
thanks a lot for posting your comment on Tripadvisor.
I appreciate the analysis of pro and cons you made and I'm happy that at the very end the valuation is excellent; at the same time I'll take the opportunity to give more information to all the Tripadvisor's users; infact Reception closed at 10.00pm but we have a night porter available for emergencies so don't worry: you could forget the key without any tragic situation because our porter will be happy to open you the front door!
I hope to welcome you in a next future and please feel free to contact me directly.

Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed at this wonderful little hotel for 3 nights in July 2014 - had high hopes based on the tripadvisor reviews and photos we had seen, and this place exceeded our expectations. The staff were all incredibly helpful and friendly, and a special thanks to Lorenzo the barman for his great G&T's. The views from the 2 rooftop terraces are second to none - both of the city and the beautiful Duomo, as well as the Arno River - perfect place to relax and watch the sun set over Florence. We could even see the Duomo from our bedroom window. The breakfasts included in the room rate were absolutely DELICIOUS! Thank you all.

Cleanliness
Dear RandWjhb,
I should thank you for the kind comment posted on Tripadvisor.
I'm extremely happy to see that the Antica Torre Tornabuoni exceeded your expectation and I believe that your opinion will help many other travellers.
I'll invite Lorenzo to read your message and I can say he will be enthusiastic.
Please contact us directly everything you may need.
Warmest Regards,

Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

I am an international author and my wife and I return to Italy every year. Firenze is of course breathtaking to visit and the Tuscan surroundings. And I know of no better hotel for location, classic classic interior and amazing staff and, and, and….Trust me, this hotel is a wonder and romantic. Here is the url to see my full review on this hotel and Florence

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
1 Thank Noah b
Dear Noah b,
I cannot say thanks enough for the wonderful comment you left on Tripadvisor and much more for what you publish on your web page.
I'm grateful, from the bottom of my heart for your words: grazie.
As you come to Italy every year I wish we can welcome you again on the next so, please contact me directly in order to assure the best available service.
Grazie,

Ohio City, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

This small hotel near the Arno was recommended by a friend and did not disappoint. The location is excellent, the rooms comfortable and spacious and the service superior. Martina at the front desk could not have been more helpful to the five of us. She made excellent dinner reservations and was always willing to help. The views from the terraces are the best in Florence. A great morning breakfast with a wonderful staff. We highly recommend.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank OhioBuckeye1215
tornabuoni_1, Direttore generale at Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear OhioBuckeye1215,
thnaks for sharing your experience about the Antica torre Tornabuoni on Tripadvisor.
I'll thank personally all the staff and obviosly I'll congratulate Martina which took a good care of you!
I wish you can come back in Florence soon and I invite to reserve directly in order to have our warmest welcome.