“The perfect Florence experience”

Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
Ranked #15 of 409 Hotels in Florence
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 24 November 2010

From the moment we arrived at the imposing entrance on one of Florence's most fashionable streets, we knew we had made the right decision. Desk staff was warm and welcoming. Our room had a wonderful triple-sheeted bed with crisp linens. The marble bath was sumptuous and scrupulously clean, and the towels huge. Everything we wanted to see was just a short stroll away.

The breakfast buffet included several kinds of juice, fresh fruit, yogurts, eggs, bacon,pastries...all of superb quality--and served in a setting that could not be improved--every table has a spectacular view of the Duomo and city.

We will be back!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 November 2010

Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni helped to make our short stay in Florence special. From this location, we were able to walk to everything we wanted to see. The rooftop garden was a wonderful treat, we enjoyed cocktails, a delicious breakfast and the stunning views. The staff made us feel very welcome and had our reservations to the Uffizi and The Accademia perfectly arranged. They helped us with directions and personally showed us to our rooms. Unfortunately the restaurant recommendation was not to our liking, but we told a manager at the hotel and I think that they were truly sorry. This would be our favorite location to stay when we return again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 November 2010

This was the first stop for my wife and I on our honeymoon and they treated us like royalty. They gave us a tour around the hotel and we were amazed at the rooftop patios they had. The rooms were very beautiful and unique and close to everything in central Florence. The staff went out of their way to help us out, making reservations for us, storing luggage for weeks (at no charge) and even buying some fragrances for my wife while we were traveling around other parts of Italy. I can't say enough good things about our experience there...we'll certainly stay with them the next time we are in Florence!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2010

We stayed here for 3 nights in October and LOVED it. The staff could not be any friendlier, the location is perfect and the roof.....Oh My God!!! What a view. If you're looking for huge lobby and amenities then this is not your place...but...If you love service, great rooms and a nice place to stay with incredible value then this is the place. I wouldnt stay anywhere else in Florence and we WILL be back!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 November 2010

My husband and I stayed 2 nights in Florence and were very happy we choose the Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni. The staff was very friendly, accommodating and welcoming. The hotel was clean, well appointed and in a perfect location! Florence is wonderful and this hotel made our stay even better. The terrace was amazing and we enjoyed the view of Florence while we shared a bottle of their wonderful wine! I highly recommend this place!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2010

After reading all the great reviews I was disappointed in my room and the hotel in general. I booked a deluxe and it looked nothing like the web site pictures. When I questioned it I got nowhere. The best thing here is breakfast and service. I had a tiny table in my room smaller then a laptop with two tiny chairs. That's it. It did have a terrace overlooking the street. I just expected a larger room that looked more like the pictures otherwise I would have booked a classic.

• Stayed: October 2010
2  Thank csordas95
Reviewed 2 November 2010

I just don't have the words to express how thoroughly happy I was with the three days we spent at the Antica Torre - we actually considered canceling two subsequent days in Rome to stay here longer.

We had the 'Panoramic Suite' - a bit pricey, but a great, great value and absolutely worth it. Honestly, the best hotel room I have ever stayed in in my life.

From: the private terrace with beautiful view of the Arno river, to the huge size of the suite, the huge comfortable bed, the LARGE screen (maybe 50"+) flat screen TV with SKY channels, to the marbled bathroom (with large tub!) with 2nd terrace, and to my favorite aspect - the wonderfully comfortable day bed with small window - I actually slept here one night, it was so delightful!

All of the staff were kind, friendly, and extremely helpful. Easily the best staff of any hotel we stayed at during our Venice/Florence/Rome vacation.

The hotel's common rooftop terrace truly does have the most spectacular views over Florence. Sitting in the morning with breakfast viewing the the dome of the Duomo is simply breathtaking.

Note: if you are sensitive to noise and have a room that overlooks the river, you will hear street traffic. However, it dies down after about 11pm. You can either close window(s) until then or use ear plugs for a quiet night's sleep.

Again, the Antica Torre is an absolutely fabulous hotel and if you can afford it, book the Panoramic Suite - you won't regret it.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple