“Everything is bad except for the location!”
Review of Hostel Archi Rossi

Hostel Archi Rossi
Ranked #15 of 305 Speciality Lodging in Florence
Hong Kong, China
“Everything is bad except for the location!”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I really don't understand why this hostel has such a high rating!! Everything is so bad except for the location. This is the conclusion from all people I met during my stay!

Location is good. 3 minute walk from the main train station.

The staffs are all EXTREMELY COLD and IMPOLITE. They are not helpful at all. One night, I was talking to some new friends in the computer area and one of the staff scolded us and asked us to talk somewhere else!!

Internet is extremely unstable. You can hardly connect to the internet in your room. The air conditioning is centrally-controlled. One night, for no reason, all air conditioners are shut down. It was hot as hell in the room. I got bitten by a lot of mosquitos that night, which literally pissed me off.

Don't ever do your laundry or buy anything from this hostel. They are ripping you off!!!! I was so disappointed with this experience as the price is not cheap at all.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Raymondmak

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Perfect..area close to train stations and interesting places..by walk 5 mins to Duomo!

Owner very kind...and friendly....

BF buffet line is good even for Asia person who is addicted with rice...

For us..everything perfect and we're wish to be here again

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
mumbai
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a private room with private bathroom which is in the adjacent apartment. Mia Casa or something. However all bookings are accepted in the name of Archi Rossi.
They do have free walking tours of Florence. Unfortunately we couldn't make it for any of those.

Rooms: very clean and spacious. Wifi connectivity was excellent. Bedding was good to ensure a sound sleep.

Breakfast: Excellent breakfast spread keeping in mind people from various nationalities visit here.

Location: 5 min mild walk to SMN station. Buses ply from SMN to all major tourist attraction including Piazzale Michelangelo. Most tourist attractions like Duomo, Ponte Vecchio can be reached by walking.

Plenty eateries, pubs and bar around.

All in all great place to stay.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Uruguay
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Located super conveniently close to SMN Station (2 blocks), in a charming street full of pubs and restaurants, this hostel is a great option for your stay in Florence. I stayed in an all female, 4-bed dorm, with private bathroom and even a computer. Strong wi-fi signal. Friendly staff. Big restaurant area. Beautiful garden. AMAZING buffet breakfast (super complete, in fact, I have hardly ever seen such a complete breakfast in a "value" hostel). The only downside is that in my room I could hear everything around it and it felt kind of noisy. Also, it's not SUPER cheap. But it is a great option regardless.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank ScarlettDubois
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

We had a private double room equipped with all facilities including computer. Room was cozy. Breakfast is filling with loads of options. Very close to central train station. Drinker water is free and laundry available. Terrific place to stay and within walking distance from Duomo and away from the hustle of the city. Highly recommended.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Aditya B
New Mexico
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I'm paranoid and didn't want to stay in a typical hostel for fear of dying or getting stuff stolen, so my friend and I decided to stay in only hostels that had private rooms. We found this little gem for a really good price for what we got. It is dual property. The hostel portion is Archi Rossi - and the "hotel" portion is the Mia Cisa Hotel but they are both under "Archi Rossi" and in the same building (two separate entrances). So our room was technically in the Mia Cisa Hotel, but "Archi Rossi' is a five minute walk from the SMN train station. It is very central and a safe neighborhood. We had a spacious private room with a large window that overlooked Florence with our own closet that locked, good size bathroom and a computer with free internet. A breakfast buffet was included. Cleaning occurred daily which is why they gave us a closet that locked. We were 23 and 24. Most of the people we met there were mostly single and young-ish anywhere from 18-32. I think you had to be under 26 to stay in the hostel. They also had free tours setup just for their guests. They have friendly staff and there is a curfew for the hostel part because they lock the doors. It is not a party hotel/hostel. They close the courtyard, I believe at midnight. I would definitely recommend this place and would stay there again if I ever get back to Florence.

Room Tip: Request a top floor if you get a private room - there is an elevator. Better views and no one on top...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Hostel Archi Rossi is located in a very central and safe area of Florence. Our 3-person room was very spacious with our own bathroom and large, lockable closets for each roommate. This is not a party hostel. There is no bar area and they don't allow you to use the outdoor courtyard late in the evening to hang out with other hostel stayers. My friend and I are 22 years old, and although there were many others our age who stayed here, there were also many adults much, much older than us who stayed here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends