Hotel Spagna
Ranked #353 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 11 October 2012

We actually had a room in Deco Hotel which is next door and is a part of Spagna. The reception is in Spagna Hotel and also the breakfast room is there. The hotel was spotless clean, I've been to 4 star hotels that were not that clean. The room size was ok, although the lack of wireless is a bit disappointing. I do believe that they have this option in the main hotel. Breakfast was better than expected.
The location is perfect, very close to the main train station, Santa Maria Novella and in the city center. 5 min walk to the Dom, across the street is a road with restaurants that leads to a local market with souvenirs and leather products. If we ever go back to Florence we will definitely choose Deco/Spagna again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank smeeagain_81

Reviewed 7 October 2012

Very good! centrical place and close to the Sta Maria de Novella train station. I would add the breakfast as part of the hotel service.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Carlos D
Reviewed 23 September 2012

4 nights at spagna turned into turned into 4 nights with no sleep at all. we were placed in an room at the rear of the hotel next to the exhaust chimney which ran alongside our unit window, for the kitchen next door that had a faulty booster fan which created a loud rattling noise. AND I MEAN LOUD,, which went on all the first night . the second night we complained numerous times and was told they knew the problem yet we were still located to that room. the noise was so bad we had to make up a bed on the bathroom floor to try and get some sleep. the following morning i talked to the young man in charge at the time and was told they were looking into it, no other rooms available and to watch a movie (totally useless as it was in italian) until midnight when the kitchen might close thus exhaust would be turned off and they would supply free breakfast as compensation. admiitedly there were people working on the problem the third day and we were offered a new room if we wanted but was told the problem was fixed.so we declined as we wanted to enjoy our last day and not waste time moving rooms. NOT SO!! the noise turned into a new loud drone. thus another night on the bathroom floor. the room was clean. breakfast adequate,location perfect, but was very disapointed with attitude and the fact that they admitted they new there was problem yet still put us in that room. this review is not an exageration.. but a fact.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank norman b
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Other than the location and the staff, there aren’t any other pros to this place. Room is small, which would have been okay if it was at least clean. Carpet dirty, hair on my pillow, smells weird, AC is dripping, etc. Also, be sure to pack light as you might throw out your back going up a labyrinth of stairs and hallways. I would rather stay elsewhere next time.
Just a tip- careful where you park in Florence and don’t drive down streets that are not allowed (there are signs and cameras on the entrances of these streets).

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank b0ki
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Very good hotel, nice personnel, excellent location and good price! I`ve been staying at this hotel for 7 nights, every day was perfect cleaning! I recommend this hotel for everybody! Breakfast is all the same all the days but still it is good the stuff is very polite. If you need any tourist info, you can ask at the desk for it. I enjoyed every day staying over there!! Thank you very much! Your Russian tourist.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank EugeniaMisochenko
Reviewed 3 August 2012

The Hotel Spagna is a short walk from the train station and close to major attractions, in fact I could walk to most. The staff are friendly and helpful, the breakfast is pretty good as far as continental breakfasts go (better than those I encountered in London, Paris & the US anyway). The room I was allocated was small. I am getting fairly used to that in Europe! The room was clean with a very small bathroom. The single bed was terribly uncomfortable and I was only given one flat pillow. I asked for another, but that was not much better even though I used the two. I ended up blowing up my travel pillow for comfort with a pillow on top of that.There was no mirror in the room except for the bathroom. The free WiFi connection was good. If you are looking for a budget hotel - it is okay, Would I stay here again? Probably not. It would be worth looking around and/or paying a bit extra for an upgrade- even though I was out a lot.

Room Tip: If you are traveling solo and comfort and space are important, an upgrade would be preferable. It i...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Pamela S
Reviewed 23 July 2012

It takes a lot to rattle my feathers but this place certainly did that.I checked in and the young lady was very plesant.I was on the 3rd floor,after going up 6 flights of steep stairs,no lift by the way,i got to my flooded room from the broken aircon,went back down,got told the hotel was full,but they managed to find me another room on the 2nd floor,so went upto the 3rd floor again to get my stuff,bk to the 2nd floor,that room the aircon wasnt working at all,so back down,and then back to the original room,bathrrom was very clean however,shower needed fixing as it was a dribble and not a spray like most showers,bit of descaling i think,bedroom was advertised as having a phone,no phone.I forgot to hand back the key of the 2nd floor room and the older lady in the morning was a real cruella.Location was very good close to the station,however i would not want to stay in this hostel place again.

Room Tip: just dont stay here
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo