Hotel Degli Orafi
US$282
US$269
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Florence Metropole(Florence)(Great Value!)
US$155
Hotel David(Florence)
US$207
US$197
1,623 results
All reviewsrooftop barponte vecchioarno riverbreakfast roomuffizi galleryperfect locationvasari corridorpainted ceilingwelcome drinkold bridgefifth floorbeautiful roomwonderful hotelfront desk staffliving roomexcellent breakfastaround the corner
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Orafi is perfectly situated overlooking the Arnot and Ponte Vecchio. A small boutique hotel, with a wonderful breakfast complete with fresh fruit, yogurt, cheeses, scrambled eggs, pastries. The breakfast was a nice way to start the day, we had the riverfront facing 4 th floor bedroom, the large windows open wide to allow us to enjoy the Arnot. We watched scullers row by. We know the typical Euro room is twin beds, however, these were the worst beds we have ever tried to sleep in. It wouldn't hurt for the hotel to invest in some new beds. Another recommendation would be for a coffee/tea station during the day would be so nice. There is a rooftop bar but the hours are for a bar. Some other hotels have tea or coffee offered somewhere in the hotel. The location was great to get around, it's literally next door to the Uffizi, easy walk to the Duomo. So if beds don't matter to you, this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2014
HDO, Direttore at Hotel Degli Orafi, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel and sharing you thoughts with us and other travelers on Tripadvisor.
We thank you for your nice comments regarding our location, breakfast, views and overall stay in our hotel.
I am sorry you found our beds too firm, it is normal to feel a bit uncomfortable on a hard mattress if you are used to a softer and vice versa. They have been chosen respecting all ergonomical benefits but can be placed with a softer topper if so needed.
We take in consideration your suggestions about extra facilities and the opening hours of the bar.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcoming you back soon!
Warm regards,

Reviewed 21 January 2014

across the road from Ponte Vecchio..... Tick
5 minutes from the Pitt Palace.....Tick
6 minutes to Piazza Della Signoria....Tick
Large, spotless bathrooms.
Great front desk staff, 50 metres from Via Dei Calzuoli, close to the best shops in Florance...
The location of this hotel is terrific, BUT!! our room was on the first floor, and the corridor where we were, had a terrible smell of sewer, which in turn ment that our room smelt of sewer, I thought it was because of the river, but my daughter's room also on the first floor but on the either side of the floor had no such smell, except her room was freezing all the time.
The Breakfast room is lovely, with great views of the river and the food is excellent.
If it wasn't for the terrible smell,I would rate this hotel a 5 out of 5.

Room Tip: Stay away from the first floor.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank marina88-60
HDO, Direttore at Hotel Degli Orafi, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel and for staying with us!
First of all I'd like to say that I am happy you found our location to be convenient and that we made you feel home in terms of customer service and professionality.
In regards of the bad smell that you occurred I must say, as stated to a previous traveler in the same month of stay, yes Florence at times has this sewere smell coming up from the drain. So, this is not a problem of our hotel in particular but the whole township, a matter that is already up in discussion. In particular at that time the sewer was slightly worse due to the works of a drain in the building next to us, therefore the major complaint. Usually as you might have read reviews like this are not common, therefore I cannot other than apologize that you encountered this at this particular occasion and welcome you back for another experience.
We will do our best to earn your 5 of 5! And it is a shame since I think we have so much more to be proud of, not to forget our complimentary services that are very appreciated by our guests.

Warm regards and welcome back!

Reviewed 19 January 2014

There were various things to recommend the hotel - location, views etc and they're worthwhile. The staff were happy to speak english, were accommodating and we were upgraded on check-in to a suite in the annex. The room was large, clean and nicely furnished - I have seen comments on TripAdvisor about noise from the alleys outside the annex but this wasn't noticeable to me.

We were there for three days in total and it was such a useful base for sightseeing and restaurants.

Unfortunately, there was, on the first floor, alongside the breakfast room/kitchen, an unbearable smell which smelt as though a drain was backed up and only seemed to be in that place - once in the breakfast room the smell wasn't noticeable. I mentioned it to one of the staff and was told that it was due to the lift (?!).

Also, unfortunately, our room's air conditioning was broken which meant that it was on full blast in what was a sunny but cold time in November. We had to ask twice for something to be done but in the end it was necessary to move rooms. They were very apologetic and gave us a bottle of prosecco which, I thought, was a kind gesture.

The breakfast, which we had included in our rate, was excellent and included some hot food and normal continental style choices - the windows looked out on to the river and was a very peaceful place.

Overall, fairly pleasant stay - staff were friendly, helpful and knowledgeable and the rooms were large and comfortable. I just cannot shake that gut wrenching smell.

Also, I have seen that the owners/managers do check through the comments on trip advisor and it's very nice, I think, to know that they're keen to ensure that people enjoy their stays.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Craig R
HDO, Direttore at Hotel Degli Orafi, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us after your recent stay.
As mentioned we are very aware of what our clients think about us since we daily read the reviews of our hotel on Tripadvisor and other sources online. It is highly important for us to have a dialogue with our guests and to accept and evaluate every kind of review. To give a straight-out opinion can be wonderful ( as stated by most of our reviews), or disappointing when everything doesn't go our way. To have a lovely, perfect and memorable stay is always our aim and hopefully our guests recognize our hard work to get there. I honestly did not encounter any AC problems since as you say November was pretty cold and the hotel was ready for the "Siberian weather forecast" with that a good working heating system. I will though look into this. As correctly done by our staff they listened and valuated the situation in the best way they could and moved you to another room where you could enjoy a better stay, with the complimentary bottle as a first excuse. To hear that you appreciated this little touch gives me a small comfort. Regarding the bad smell I cannot other than apologize but inform you that Florence as a city at times, depending on weather circumstances have this occational problem, a situation that we elaborate with our best efficiency.
At last I do hope that you will give us another chance to prove our efficiency and hard work by returning to us for your next stay. Me and my staff are eager to welcome you!
Our best regards

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Could not get a better location in Florence and very friendly staff. Rooms very spacious, clean and the hotel is close to all major attractions, shopping district and restaurants. All within walking distance. Highly recommend staying at this hotel when in Florence.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your lovely review!
I am delighted that you enjoeyd every aspect of your stay at Hotel degli Orafi!
The whole team joins me to say - Welcome back!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 14 January 2014

We stayed at the Hotel Degli Orafi for four nights during the Christmas holidays and were so pleased at the experience that I don't know if I would come back just because I want this memory of the hotel to stay with me. I'm not sure if they would be able to top themselves!

We booked an Executive Double Room for four nights (just over $200/night) with breakfast included. Surprise number one came when the front desk informed me they had given us a double room upgrade. We were escorted to what I can only describe as a two-story apartment loft and were left with mouths agape. The bathroom was enormous, with a toilet/bidet area separated by a sliding frosted glass door. There were complimentary toiletries, heavy towel robes and slippers. The living area was spacious, with two flat screen televisions (one on each floor) and an upstairs bedroom. We found the bed itself to be a little too firm and mentioned it to the front desk, who had the staff add a quilted feather down mattress pad under the fitted sheet the next time we stepped out of the room. The room was spotless and remained so for the duration of our stay thanks to the great work by the housekeeping crew.

The breakfast selection was fresh and extensive, while the dining area was situated in a long room with vaulted ceilings painted with frescoes and a view of the Arno. This would be a good time to note, as have others, that the hotel's location alongside the river - with the Ponte Vecchio on one side and the Uffizi on the other - is unbeatable. At one point during our stay we went to the rooftop terrace (another great view of the Duomo) to redeem our complimentary welcome drinks and were treated to some free hor d'oeuvres as well by the friendly bartender. Also a good time to mention that all the staff encountered were very friendly, professional, and pleasant.

Do not miss a chance to treat yourself and stay at Hotel Degli Orafi as it would be a grand experience to complement the grand city of Florence.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Captain_J_Spaulding

Dear Guest,

First of all I have to say that I cannot thank you enough for this marvellous description of your experience with us! Foremost it makes me proud of my staff, who welcomes you with that extra smile, cuddles you at our relaxing bar, makes sure your room is always spotlessly clean and so on. To know that our way of making every guest feel special is aknowledged gives us comfort and even more motivation to higher our ambitions. So no, do not worry we will make sure to top your last memorable stay with another excellent experience, let us know whenever you are ready for your next trip to Florence, me and my staff will be honored to have you back with us! Once againg a big thank you and see you soon!

Warm regards