“Very pleasant stay”

Ranked #184 of 412 Hotels in Florence
Surrey, United Kingdom
“Very pleasant stay”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

From the moment we checked in, we've had a very pleasant stay.

The room is a good size for the 3 of us for a few nights, tho a longer stay we might become a wee bit cabin fevered. The window over the streets allows us natural light and fresh air AND a morning serenade from local buskers.

Bathroom is a great size! The towel rack came in handy as a clothes line :)

Breakfast is served in pleasant surroundings, with lots of choice.

The hotel is very well located to the Firenze S Mn (train station) and the Hop On Hop Off bus stop is only a short block away. The local area has a huge selection of cafes and restaurants which makes dining easy after being out all day exploring.

We're very happy with our stay here, and will look to stay at other Best Westerns in Europe in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Palazzo_Ognissanti, Direttore at Hotel Palazzo Ognissanti, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear aussiemama,

it's always a pleasure when we receive a good review, especially when it comes from a Top Contributor like you .

Thank you for the praises to the room, and to our sorted and high quality Breakfast service: it's actually one of our strong points.

The hotel position, as you have properly highlighted , is a real "plus": we are near to the train Station ( from where one can reach the city airport in about 20 minutes with a shuttle service which runs each half hour) and the main monuments like Duomo or Ponte Vecchio are at walking distance.

The area where we are located is full of tipical restaurants and " Trattorias", some of them within the best places to have a dinner in Firenze.

Warm regards.

Best Western Hotel Palazzo Ognissanti

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Greek first
Toronto
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I went on a European trip, staying in 5 different hotels (all 4-star or better) and this hotel was the BEST service I ever had, thanks to Francesca and the wonderful front desk staff. The front desk people are sincere, genuine people who always were helpful for restaurant tips, and navigating around the city! They are the kind of people everyone loves to be greeted by, and makes this place feel better than a 5-star hotel. The location of the hotel was great and Florence was my favourite city to visit, mostly thanks to the wonderful staff! Thank you Francesca for introducing your beautiful daughter, it was a nice family touch in a hotel-stay.

The room was quiet and internet was reliable. The room was plainly decorated but clean. The breakfast was good and didn't run out of food. They also offer tea/coffee and snacks in the afternoon which was a nice touch when we arrived very hungry!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Palazzo_Ognissanti, Direttore at Hotel Palazzo Ognissanti, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Jus_fine,

Your wonderful review made me happy: it was for me and for my staff a great start to our day!

I'm totally aware that the friendliness, kindness and professionalism of our clerks is one of our flegships and I'm pleased that our reception staff has succeeded in conveying you a feeling of genuinity and familiarity ..many thanks for your kind praises in the name of Francesca ( and her little daughter.... ) and all the front desk ladies.

Tea/ coffee facilities and some tasty pastries left for free at the bar for our guests are small details that, in our opinion can make the difference: I' glad you have appreciated this little sign. .

I wish you will come back to Florence in the near future: in this case it will be a great honour for us to have you amongst our guests and have the pleasure to serve you again.

Halifax, Nova Scotia
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

We were very pleased with this hotel. The staff was wonderful and very helpful. We arrived and were told about local events (free museum night) and given lots of helpful tips for getting around.
The hotel was very central and it was only a 10-15 minute walk to most attractions.
We were pleased with our room which was spotless and comfortable. We had requested a balcony and were accommodated. It was nice to be able to open our doors to enjoy the night air. We were also serenaded by a trumpet player one morning.
Breakfast was great with more variety than we would typically expect for a contiental breakfast.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Palazzo_Ognissanti, Direttore at Hotel Palazzo Ognissanti, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear sandandfi,

I really want to thank you for this kind review left on Tripadvisor; it was a real joy for us all to receive it.

It's good to receive praises to our trade-marks such as the rich and high quality Breakfast, the charming and professional staff and of course the hotel location, near to the train and bus station and to all the main tourist attractions of our wonderful city, like Ponte Vecchio and Duomo.

We take in great esteem all the requests made by our clients both before and after their check-in and when there is a particular need of the guest, we do our best to meet his requirements ( according with the practical feasability of it and with the hotel availability in that moment) : in your case it was a pleasure to assign to you a room with a balcony .

.....the morning serenade wasn't expected but it's nice that you liked it!

If in the future you come back to Florence and choose Palazzo Ognissanti to stay, it wil be a real honour for us to have you amongst our guests again .

Warm regards.

Lake Arrowhead,CA
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Our taxi driver stated the 4 star hotel was "terrible" when they had no concern for how to get my luggage into the hotel. I had to search all over for a luggage carreir and bring it out for the loading. Then I go into the hotel, search for someone to help me and am told they had no room for us and were relocating us to another hotel later in the day. Wasted vacation time for me. They said they would keep my luggage. I saw a luggage storage area, but when I returned my luggage was left unguarded in the lobby, never even put in more secure area. I was reassigned to another hotel way out in a non-supportive area. No restaurants, grocery, or any services needed by the traveler.
The hotel they put us in did not even have a check in area, and no one to get the luggage to my room. I could not carry it up the stairs. The room I was put in had napkins for towels. Very uncomfortable twin beds when we had booked a good queen bed at the original hotel. The room assigned was so minimal it was a hostel level. The Palazzo kept our fee for a 4 star gave us a two star in an undesirable area. We had to taxi to eat, get back, it was a miserable experience. If the Palazzo cares so little and doesn't honor what the customer paid for, it couldn't be a worse experience.Very poor.

Room Tip: I don't have advise on this if they don't honor their prepaid reservations and ship you off...
3 Thank DortheGale
Estimated DortheGal,

let me start thanking you for the comment left on this social network: each review that we receive is taken into great consideration ( especially when they come from an expert reviewer as you are) since we expect that it may support us to realize our faults and improve our business.

It is true that we had to move you to another hotel of the same category, location and standard ( as stated by law) but I would like to clarify that this situation was independent from our will since on the morning of your check-in we unfortunately reported a mistake due to a failure in our reservation system . I strongly apologize to you for this inconvenience.

As per your luggages, I can guarantee that your suitcases have been kept in a completely safe locked up baggage room while you were outside, then in the afternoon, since we were waiting for you to come back to our hotel, the baggages were taken back to the reception where they were well in hand of the front desk clerks.

I renovate my apologies in the hotel's name.

Best regards.

Best Western Hotel Palazzo Ognissanti

Travellers are raving about these Florence hotels

Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Our first night at this hotel was terrible, our room was street-side and was so noisy we did not get a moment of sleep. However, the next morning the hotel staff were more than accommodating and moved us across the hall to a courtyard facing room. Overall, I would stay at this hotel again because the location is excellent and the staff very nice and helpful.

Room Tip: It can be noisy street-side so be sure to request a courtyard facing room if extra noise is an issue...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Palazzo_Ognissanti, Direttore at Hotel Palazzo Ognissanti, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Joe L,

Let me thank you so much for the nice review left on Tripadvisor and for your intent to recommend Palazzo Ognissanti to everyone.!

I'm proud of the praises to our clerks who every day give their best to meet our clients' needs: as anyone can see if a guest has some problems , he is only requested to report the inconvenience to the reception to obtain instant help and (in nearly every case) to have the problem solved.

Williston, Vermont
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Centrally located. 5 minute walk to the train station. We never took a cab here. Was within walking distance to everything. The Arno river was one block away. The rooms were small but very nice and clean. The front desk people were very friendly. Even booked us reservations to The David so we did not have to wait in line. All the nice restaurants were all around us. Shopping was 20 minute walk away. I would defiantly stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Palazzo_Ognissanti, Direttore at Hotel Palazzo Ognissanti, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Tom P,

you've been so nice in posting this review about Palazzo Ognissanti!

Thank you very much for your positive comments about our privileged position near to Ponte Vecchio,and Duomo, but also to the train and bus stations ( only 300 hundred metres far from the hotel place) .

I can state that I'm proud of all the clerks who work here with me and it's nice to hear that also you, amongst the other, have noticed their professionalism and attention to each guests' needs.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Amazing trip to Florence. Hotel was really nice, receptionist at the front was really helpful. Rooms where small but tidy. Wifi excellent.
10 minute walk from everything. 5 minute walk from train station. We went to Pisa, very average place compared to florence.
Hotel recommended a restaurant called Il parione very close to hotel. Very lovely( make sure you sit down stairs!)

Great trip !

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Palazzo_Ognissanti, Direttore at Hotel Palazzo Ognissanti, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Good Morning Arron27,

I'ts a real pleasure to know that we were able to provide you an amazing experience here in our magnificent city.
Than you so much for this nice comment and for the praises to our professional and helpful front desk staff, to the WI-FI service and the hotel location, central and close to the station, the main monuments and the fair center.
I really hope that you can recommend Palazzo Ognissanti to everyone: if your plans are to come back to Florence in the near future, I expect that you will give us the opportunity of serving you again.