“The best - again !”
Review of Hotel Dali

Hotel Dali
Ranked #140 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Once again (4th time at this hotel), Hotel Dali (especially Marco and Samanta) again provided the best hotel experience. Start with friendly and helpful hosts, add location close to all the main sights, a view of the Duomo or a pretty courtyard, reasonable prices (especially for the location), a cozy family atmosphere, and many other pluses that would not fit into this review. I have travelled all over Europe for the past 20 years, on a budget, not 4-5 * hotels, & stayed in a lot of places. This remains a top favorite. The rooms have little fridges so if you want to pick up fruit at the market or have some juice or water, it will remain cold. Nearby for breakfast are several nice cafes, and restaurants where not everyone is a tourist. Would recommend I Ghibellini, they may have the best pizza in the world! (yes!)

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the courtyard are slightly quieter.Thankfully, the noisy pub on the street side ha...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 23 May 2014

What really makes a place great is a personable, hands-on owner. Marco is all that, sweet and helpful. Our room was small but perfect and there is no beating the location. Florence itself also exceeded our expectations, we hope to return!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I recently stayed at Hotel Dali in April. My stay was very enjoyable Marco and all his staff made me feel very welcome. All were very helpful with tour advice and local history.
The Hotel is very clean and comfortable, I booked a single room as I was travelling alone with a shared bathroom it was also very clean and I didn't have to wait to use it.
This hotel is very well located. The Duomo is only a couple hundred meters away.
I walked to most sights including The Ponte Vecchio . Marco is a wealth of information.
He marked maps for me on arrival, for sights and restaurants which was much appreciated.
I would highly recommend this Hotel.

Room Tip: I stayed close to reception, a little noisy during the day. No problem at night.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We had a short stay in Florence during our trip. Hotel Dali was super convenient and just a short walk to the Duomo and Ponte Vecchio. Marco made our dinner reservations that night for us, which really helped. Our room was very spacious and clean. We had a garden view, and we chose that due to the warnings the other guests had posted on here about the noisy rooms on the other side facing the Duomo. The bathroom was a tad small, but doable. Coffee was in the room, which was nice. The croissants with jam were also in the room, which made it convenient for us, as we had to catch an early morning train. Short but good stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in a double ensuite room with garden views. I would recommend this room, as it was quiet...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Dali is another apartment converted into a hotel - rooms are fairly small, and the common bathroom are so small I can barely use the bathroom or have a shower without knocking against the walls or sink.

They advertise as 'Breakfast included' but this is a pre-packed croissant, biscuit, butter / jam, and a bottle of nescafe / instant coffee with a jug kettle.

Considering its 15-20 min walk from the main train station Florence Santa Maria Novella, I wouldn't say this was really value for money considering what I have seen in Florence and also in cities like Rome. It is very near the Duomo, and has plenty of food option nearby

Service was good, with a very kind and welcoming receptionist willing to accommodate a slightly early check-in at 12:30pm.

Overall I would say, its not really worth the price. I would rather pay EUR 10 more and stay at a better hotel the next time around.

Room Tip: Make sure you only get a room with private bathroom
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We weren't sure of what to expect, but the Dali turned out to be perfect for us. We drove to Florence and picked the Dali partly because of the free and safe parking. That turned out to be excellant and a relief after the drive. Once we parked with Marcos help everthing was in walking distance. He was also a big help with city information which made our visit easy and pleasurable. As far as the hotel itself goes, it is in an old building like everything else in Italy, but it is clean, safe and has everything you may need. We had a small refrigerator that we didn't expect, to keep our water in. Our room faced the courtyard and was super quiet. The street side can't be too noisy because it is not a busy street and there aren't any bars or restaurants very close. Thank you again Marco!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Me and a friend (2 girls in their 20's from the UK) stayed here for 3 nights in April 2014 and had a great stay.

The rooms were clean, could have been a little more spacious but nothing to complain about. The service was friendly and very helpful, just like the rest of the people in Florence. In particular Marco could not have been more helpful and hospitable in our stay.

The location is the BEST in Florence, there was no need for additional travel costs as this hotel lies on the doorstop of the duomo and everything else of walking distance.

I would fully recommend staying here and if/when I return to Florence, this choice of place to stay will be at the top of my list.

• Stayed: April 2014