“Ok”

Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Ottaviana strong points:
Clean, Location

Ok points:
Service, shower in your room is small

Bad:
Internet, Having to pay for all the extra's, noise from the street and sometimes from the rooms next door

For a cheaper option in florence it is not bad at all, it was easy to walk from the hotel to all the must-see sights. You have to share a bathroom but this was also clean.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Koprivnica, Croatia
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Well, I loved the location of this hostel. It`s close to practically everything, and the train/bus station is really just a step away, especially if you are travelling with some heavy luggage and arriving pretty late to Florence! If you are all into sightseeing and spending most of the day outside, trying to save on the budget, yeah, I recommend this hostel. They have some really cheap deals,I mean, I stayed in a dorm for a ridiculous price! Staff is ok, dorms were so-so, older cupboards, older beds, an older closet, but nothing broken or dirty. Mattress was lumpy, but sheets were clean as was the toilet/bathroom (warning: the shower is right next to your toilet seat:-)). I even had a balcony, but as I was there in winter time I didn`t really use it. Security is good, they have video cameras. There is a free wi-fi also, although the connection is so-so. You can also rent bikes. Tried it, they are good, brand new, with a good locker :-). I did not go for a breakfast/lunch there so I cannot speak about the food. I just want to mention that I stayed in a 4-bed mixed dorm so take this into consideration while reading my review. It is a small hostel, not a party-one nor too social/stylish, but if you need just to sleep someplace where the staff is ok, security good, and the location GREAT go for it!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

At first yes, we are quite shocked of the outlook of the hostel, but its warm enough to stay here.. It is a very convenient place to stay, with nice bed, average shower room and last but not least, the warm welcoming staff here. He was not so friendly at first but after some times of communicating, he is friendly and kind and gentle instead.. I believe he is not those very sociable type.. And sure, he treated us very well, fair and square.. Even more than that.. And his partner was nice and sweet too. Overall, this is a good place to stay in.. :-)

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I had a love-hate relationship with this hotel. I loved it because after walking and exploring (a cold and windy) Florence for 10-12 hours on end I had a place to come back to and just crash.Any place would have done it, really ,as I'm not particularly picky but I have to say "Are you kidding me Ottaviani?" on the following issues:

- my room was so cold, I had to sleep in my warmest clothes,several layers of them
-colder than my room was my whole floor actually. How are you supposed to shower and then come back to your room in temperatures probably lower than outside?
-luckily for me ,my room had a shower -improvised as it was by closing in a corner of the room with plexiglas and of all places by the window where it was the coldest because of the wind getting in. Nevermind the fact that one would have to enter sideways in it because the sliding doors were not sliding. This shower thing leads me to ->
- Come on Ottaviani, you name those cheap tablecloths towels? Imagine trying to dry your hair with a nonabsorbent , stiff piece of sheet or tablecloth, i dont even ...

*thanks to the staff member who gave me something for the cold i caught because of his workplace in the first place
*note to self: I deserve better

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Florence hotels

Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I just stayed here for one night before i headed off to to Venice as i wanted to be close to the train station. the staff were friendly and helped where they could, the hostel itself is quite central but hard to find as down back roads (it was dark to be fair though) it wasn't very clean and i was given a pull out/camp bed although the other 2 in my dorm had normal looking bed, this confused me (it wasn't very comfy) i was told it was wheelchair friends, it wasn't, AT ALL.”

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Nicole_Martine
Sundsvall, Sweden
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Stayed here for two nights. Sleep quality was bad because the street outside was really noisy and the window didn't shut properly. The lady in the reception wasn't very friendly.
It was around 60 steps to get up to the reception and 81 steps in total to get to our room. It was not very nice to carry our luggage all the way. There is an elevator but the door to it was locked.

It was clean though, that's something they did well. The location is superb, close to the train station and close to the centre of Florence.

We got a key to use for the door down by the street because it was locked at night. I came back to the hostel at three o clock one night and my key didn't work. I had to ring on the bell for quite some time before somebody unlocked the door for me. Worst case scenario I would have had to spend the night on the street.

Wifi is not free. You have to pay €3 to get the password, which is ottaviani8888

Beds were comfortable. The room was a bit cold though.

Room Tip: Room #8 is close to the noisy street.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Thessaloniki, Greece
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We stayed there for 3 nights.It is very close to the rail station.10 minutes walk to the Duomo.The bathroom was shared but clean.We had a problem with the mosquitos so we painted the walls "red".So be carefull about leaving the balcony door open...Ask for a room that looks at the back side so it will be quiet.If you need something simple and low budget then go for it...

Room Tip: Back side rooms for quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends