“Juraj : Beautiful place for a pleasant stay”
Review of Relais Cavalcanti

Relais Cavalcanti
Ranked #123 of 659 Florence B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I have stayed at Relais Cavalcanti already for the fourth time as every time I wished to come back again. The reason was the high standard of the services but for me the most important was warm and friendly atmosphere. I received from the ladies detailed information on Florence - all I was interested in. The place itself is really attractive for its location in the very centre of the city. Once you stay at this place, you have to come back and have a pleasure to meet ladies Anna and Francesca again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Juraj K

Reviewed 22 August 2013

Spent 4 nights at this boutique B&B in August 2013. Wanted my family to experience a good guest house experience in Italy.

The second 'B' of the B&B is not really included, although they have a breakfast room full of pastries, chocolates, cakes and cookies, tea and coffee which are included as part of the stay.. and the room is open 24 hours a day in case one is hungry for a midnight snack!

One thing i must admit, Anna and Francesca were really helpful and communicative ahead of our stay and gave us vital information as to where to park our car in the city to avoid huge fines in the ZTL.

After we arrived, Junko and Francesca helped us with maps, city information.. basically like they were welcoming us to their home. Rooms were large and airy, bathrooms were squeaky clean.

I would definitely stay at this property again, and would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a city center place at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Just spent four nights at the Relais Cavalcanti in Florence. This is a guest house right in the centre of Florence. We were able to spend the morning sightseeing then pop back to the rooms to get away from the heat midday and back out in the afternoon.

The guest house is run by two sisters who couldn't have been more helpful, and their restaurant recommendations were spot on each time so we ate fabulous food every night in places that we would never have found otherwise.

The guest house is an old residence that has been refurbished as a guest house so has all modern facilities (double glazing, air conditioning, modern bathrooms) but has tried to keep the decorations in keeping with the original house.

Although breakfast is not included, there is a room supplied with tea, coffee, fruit juice, biscuits, sweets, cereal, bread, crackers, fresh fruit etc available to help yourself all through the day, I had a better breakfast there than in quite a few hotels I have stayed in.

Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Emma394
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights and had a lovely time. Arrived late from Milan but was greeted warmly and kindly! Really beautiful home and a great tour by Junko to start off with where she showed me the whole place! Loved the breakfast room with great selection of cakes and biscuits! The decor is fabulous and really inviting. Rooms are well appointed with clean and well equipped bathrooms! The location is another definite plus, able to visit all the important places on foot while still feeling like you're away from all the hustle and bustle of the centre.
The small touches like complimentary food and drinks and the free Wifi really added to the whole experience. Really like staying in a home not a bland hotel. Will definitely be back not just to visit Florence but to stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Shortly after confirming our hotel reservation we received a beautiful email by the Anna and Francesca telling us that we were going to stay at a home not a hotel. This is very accurate since this place has elements that make you feel at home.

The hotel has a great location to start. Once you get in you get a very warm reception, they show you the whole place, they have food and drinks free of charge and a very good internet connection. The rooms are cozy and very clean.

Definitively we will return to this place! It made our trip even better!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ignacio G
Reviewed 1 August 2013

My recent visit to Florence a week ago was my first. I am glad I chose Relai Calvacanti as I couldn't have made a better choice. The accommodation is as advertised - clean, friendly and central.The location is just perfect as it allows one to visit important sights such as the Ufizi Gallery and L'academia while being part of Florentine life!

Francesca was very helpful in arranging and reserving tickets for my visit to the Ufizi Gallery and L'academia and I am grateful for that courtesy service.

What I found wonderful was the email message I received a few days before I arrived telling me that Francesca and Anna were looking forward to my visit and reminding me that Relais Cavalcanti is a home away from home! Indeed it is.

I have travleled to Asia, Africa, the Caribbean, Europe and North America and the service and personal attention is superb.

I will be back at Relais Cavalcanti and will tell others about the warm hopspitality I experienced.

Thanks for contributing to making my first visit to Florence a memorable one.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank 225Nana
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I will definitely come back and stay in the Relais Cavalcanti one day. It is in a perfect location and is clean and safe for a solo traveller. I loved the breakfast room it the morning and the selection of biscotti and coffee to kick start my day. Francesca and Junko were so helpful when I arrived. I based myself in Florence in the Relais for one week and took the train out to various towns in Toscana while I stayed there. The Relais was a lovely place to come back to and chill out after a day travelling. THANK YOU!!! xx

Room Tip: I slept in the single room at the front which was great.