“Great spot to stay in Florence!”

Residenza Dei Pucci
Ranked #157 of 640 Florence B&B and Inns
Ithaca, New York
“Great spot to stay in Florence!”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I had only 3 nights in arguably, the most culturally overloaded city in the world and I didn't know the city of Florence at all. My taxi got me here despite all the prohibited driving zones in town. At first I was uncertain the address was correct since it doesn't look like anything more than a residence from the street. The name fits very well! I buzzed and the manager immediately unlocked the door. Don't get here after 8pm though, as the staff leaves around then since it's officially a B and B, not a hotel. I had too much luggage for a sane person so the 2 floor walk up was a huff and puff, but the room was spacious and decorated in tasteful style. The bed was wonderful for me and I hate soft beds. If you are bothered by the street sounds you can always close the windows, but I didn't mind. The absolute best thing about this place, aside from the lovely, helpful and friendly staff is the location. Just off the Duomo piazza, you can easily walk anywhere on either side of the Arno river in about 5-15 minutes. Clean, comfortable, central and not overly expensive for Florence. I will definitely stay here again! I hear each room is different, so ask about specifics. Breakfast is cosy and provides fresh baked pastry plus coffee, juice and toast.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Texas City, Texas
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Room had tall ceiling, nice and clean, easy walk from the train station, very close to the statute of David, just a few blocks from the Doma. On the way to the hotel was rolls and rolls of leather shops. No view from the room we stayed at. Breakfast was very good, just started to late for us.

Room Tip: Great Location in the Center of Town
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank firebreak2
Atlanta
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We were extremely pleased with the hotel's location. It is located just about a block off the main tourist area of the Duomo so we were in a convenient area but away from the heavy traffic and tourist congestion. They claim to provide a complimentary breakfast. This consisted of cold cereal, plain bread, coffee, and juice. We appreciated it but if you are planning a full day of sightseeing, you'll likely need to get a snack shortly into your day. The breakfast bar was located directly outside of our room so by 7:00am, we were awake listening to the sounds of clinking coffee cups and other travelers talking while eating their breakfast. The biggest issue we had was the air-conditioning. Many old hotels in Florence do not have AC and we booked this one because it did. Ours was not working. The fan was blowing but it was warm air. We immediately told the woman at the front desk and she said she would have it looked at. When we returned that evening, we were told it was fixed. It was not so we slept with the windows open and listened to the sounds of the street sweeper and drunken tourists all night. I addressed this with the front desk upon check-out and the woman was extremely rude. She told me that I should feel lucky since the nights had been cool (we stayed in the middle of August--80 degrees is not cool). I tried to communicate my level of dissatisfaction and she became very rude and short with me. She offered to waive the taxes of our bill, which I believe we equivalent to about 10 euros.

Had we had a different room, I feel strongly that I can provide a much more positive review. The location is wonderful and the rooms were largely and fairly well-appointed for a quaint hotel.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the breakfast bar
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LSBlaska
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 2 March 2014

During our trip, we stayed in Paris, Venice and finally Florence. This was the cheapest of all three hotels and the greatest value. The owners are incredibly nice and helpful. Breakfast was wonderful, though the breakfast room is very small (you can ALWAYS take it back to your room to eat). The location was near the Duomo and many other sites. Seemed very central to most things we visited. The bed was very comfortable, large room and great shower. Bathroom was big for Europe! They also had a hair dyer (something I opted not to bring for sake of packing light) and it worked great (not like the other hotels). I highly recommend this hotel if it's in your price range and in the location you prefer. You won't be sorry!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Katie121
Reviewed 7 December 2013

A great value B&B! The rooms are spacious, well maintained and the staff very hospitable.
The B&B is within a stones throw of all the sights of Florence. Great location.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Pucci9, Responsabile reception at Residenza Dei Pucci, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear Lisa,
thank you for apreciate our property and our work ;-)
We are very happy that you enjoed your stay in Florence and at the Residenza dei Pucci,
hping to have you again the unother occasion,
come back and send the friends,
ciao
Marina
Washington DC
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We stayed five days at the Residenza and enjoyed every moment of it. The staff was excellent and incredibly helpful whatever you were searching for. The Duomo is about a city block away, as are other gems in this city, home of the Renaissance. The room was reasonably sized and had double windows that came in quite handy since the room is on a bus line. The sound was never a problem - and we even brought earplugs in case any of our hotels had excessive street noise. We would stay again. An often overlooked museum in Florence is the Medici-Ricardi palace which is literally at the end of the block of this hotel. What a delight to be so close to where Michelangelo learned to sculpt in the garden! This was the Medici home for 300 years and later the Ricardi home. We felt we were walking on hallowed ground.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Berkhamsted, England
Reviewed 10 November 2013

This was our first stop on our 2 week tour of Italy. It had been recommended to me by my dad, who has stayed here numerous times in the past. IT WAS PERFECT!!! We arrived late, but Marina left a hand written note on the doors to tell us where our room was and how to get in. The next morning, she sat with us and gave us so many ideas of what to see and do. All of the guests here were visiting in the breakfast room. We met some guests that had a son as well and ended up sharing some meals with them in Florence as well as Venice. Residenza die Pucci was such a friendly and cozy place. Marina helped us to book tables at local restaurants. I would highly recommend staying here to ANYONE. The location was perfect, we never took public transportation, we were able to walk everywhere. You walk towards the Duomo, turn the corner, and WOW. There it is, 5 min from the hotel. AMAZING!!!! It set the bar really high for the rest of our tour through Italy!!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family