“An excellent family run hotel”
Review of Hotel Panama

Hotel Panama
Ranked #234 of 411 Hotels in Florence
Chester, United Kingdom
“An excellent family run hotel”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed in a hotel in the centre before going to Chianti for a week. We then stayed in Hotel Panama on the last night of our holiday. It is in a quiet residential area about a 15 minute walk to the centre and we much preferred staying here. It is a family run hotel and you immediately feel welcome and comfortable.
The breakfast was delicious and we ate outside in the courtyard. We'll definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in an excellent room at the back of the main hotel. It had a balcony which looked out ove...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Von2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
England
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed here while finishing our holiday. The hotel is charming, well-run, a little gem, where we will stay again. A small problem with our air-conditioning was solved and sorted, by the owner in 25 minutes while we sat on our terrrace and had a glass of rose.
Lovely breakfast, on the terrace in the courtyard.
You are about 15 minutes walk from the central attractions-with literally hundreds of places to eat and drink on the way in and out.
The staff are totally charming, very helpful and, obviously, concerned that you enjoy your stay

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dublin
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel for five nights during a very hot spell in Florence. It is located on the fringes of the centre, about fifteen minute walk from the main train station and attractions. The hotel needs some attention - it looks like the basic decoration - paint/wallpapering hasn't happened for a bit too long - this is an easy fix but it didn't bother us unduly. The room was great, spacious with good air con. Best of all free wifi - everywhere. The bed was firm and comfortable. The breakfast was on the basic side but the coffee was gorgeous. Perhaps better bread for toasting other than white would be welcome. Staff very friendly and welcoming. We would definitely come again.

Room Tip: Room at the back.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank solo4
Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This is a lovely little hotel in Florence. I stayed here when I visited Florence for a conference at Firenze Fiera, and was within a 15 min walk of the conference. The staff were very friendly and very helpful, and the single room was small, but bigger than I expected and had everything I needed for my stay. It is 20 minutes walk from the station and 30 minute walk from the city attractions, but I would defiantly go back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
leicester
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here as part of our honeymoon trip of Italy for 3 nights and thought it was excellent. The staff were very helpful, on check in we received a free map of Florence. And were told about all of the attractions. The hotel was very clean and maintained and it felt that someone was putting alto of love and effort into running it. The location was great for us, around 5-10min walk to the train station and middle of town. Really can't fault this place at all and can't wait to return. Book the hotel panama and u will not be disappointed

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank mJamesy
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I booked this expecting more than what we got based on the star rating from trip advisor and the amount we paid. The hotel is a good 20 minutes walk from the main attractions. We had a room facing the back carpark with a balcony which was nice. We had one big bedroom and a small sitting area that our boys slept in, in a fold out chair. The bed was a very thin, rickety mattress which I would not recommend for an adult to sleep on though our boys seemed to sleep ok. It was very hot but we were told the a/c isn't allowed to be used until June. The breakfast was basic, yoghurt, few slices of meat and cheese and some bread. There were a few broken things in the room that needed fixing and the wallpaper was peeling off the wall in places. This place may have once been lovely but its beauty has definitely faded. I would hope there are better places out there for the money we spent.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I am generally not very fussy when it comes to lodging while travelling. But when all of the following happened at the same time and place, I am really compelled to write this negative review:
1. Noisy air conditioner.
2. Noisy environment. Every night I could hear cars driving past the hotel, and inconsiderate guests allowing the door to slam shut. The latter of course was not the hotel's fault, but it also reflects the poor soundproofing and partition of the rooms.
2. Certain area of the room had ants crawling and mosquitoes were present in spite of a repellent.
3. Unstable WiFi.
4. Room and washroom were dimly lit. I couldn't put most of my toiletries on the washroom sink because it was slanted downward and they would fall into the sink. Some parts of the washroom would be flooded after taking a shower even though the shower cubicle was closed. I felt bad for the cleaning lady actually.
5. Breakfast: Toaster was not working, I had to toast the bread twice, and even so, the middle part of the bread was completely soft. And I thought the use of plastic cups was not very environmental friendly.

When I had wanted to inform the hotel staff of my dissatisfaction, before I could even finish item number one above, I was talked down like I was an idiot who did not know how to switch off the air conditioner. Perhaps the young chap had a rough day. The other staffs, however, were very friendly, especially Mr. Eigino Rossi.

So, in short, I was not expecting a Ritz Carlton quality and treatment, but if I do return to Florence, I would opt for another hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo