I've travelling for almost fifty years, almost always staying in boutique hotels. This hotel, and the Duomo Suite, are at the top of the heap. If I had known about this place beforehand, it would have been on my bucket list.
The thing about the suite is the view. A wall of windows twenty feet high (the shades are adjusted by remote control) look on the back end of the Duomo and a piece of the piazza. The Duomo is no more than a few yards away. Unbelievable. And totally quiet.
Then, the staff. Alwatys helpful and obliging with reservations and information and more. The morning after our arrival, when my wife told them she was gluten intolerant, platters of breads and pastries appeared. All gluten free.
What more need I say?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfortable and beautifully decorated rooms set in a grand, ancient house that has the uniqueness of a private aristocratic residence.Palazzo Niccolini al Duomo is located in the heart of historical Florence, 30 mt. away from the Cathedral, in the centre of the shopping area and at walking distance from the main monuments and museums. It’s origins date back to the 14th century. The great sculptor Donatello (15th century) had his workshop here. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Palazzo Niccolini al Duomo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo Niccolini Al Duomo Hotel Florence
- Palazzo Niccolini Al Duomo Florence