I stayed at the Palazzo Niccolini al Duomo for three days in mid-June. This is a small hotel that is located right in the center of Florence, on Via dei Servi, and immediately adjacent to al Duomo. Simply put, it was a highlight of my 10-day trip to Italy. I stayed in room 7 on the third floor. As you enter the room, there is a small staircase that leads up to into the sitting room. It has high ceilings, accented with exposed beams. There are huge windows on three sides of the room which afford a view of Florence and the countryside beyond. The most dramatic aspect of the view is al Duomo; you’re so close looms dramatically over the room (see pictures). The space is rounded out by a bedroom and bath off the main room. The bedroom is good size with a large amount of storage. The bathroom was fairly small, but worked perfectly for me. Finally, and surprisingly, on a raised area in the sitting room (accessed via another small staircase) there is a circular jacuzzi tub! So, at night, you can raise all of your shades (motorized, via remote), and sit in the tub drinking wine and gazing at the illuminated dome! Amazing!
The staff of the hotel is outstanding. Every morning at breakfast, there was a very sweet lady who made sure that everyone had what they needed. She also made outstanding cappuccinos. In addition, every morning, I checked my intended destination(s) with the front desk staff. They are outstanding! And, a bonus of the location was that everything was a short walk away. The only time I needed a taxi in Florence was to head to the (nearby) airport.
I cannot recommend Palazzo Niccolini highly enough!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfortable and beautifully decorated rooms set in a grand, ancient house that has the uniqueness of a private aristocratic residence.Palazzo Niccolini al Duomo is located in the heart of historical Florence, 30 mt. away from the Cathedral, in the centre of the shopping area and at walking distance from the main monuments and museums. It’s origins date back to the 14th century. The great sculptor Donatello (15th century) had his workshop here. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, LateRooms, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Palazzo Niccolini al Duomo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo Niccolini Al Duomo Hotel Florence
- Palazzo Niccolini Al Duomo Florence