“Nice”
Review of UNA Hotel Vittoria

UNA Hotel Vittoria
Ranked #134 of 411 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed for three nights in this contemporary hotel and decided to upgrade our stay to enjoy a bigger room, the free mini-bar and free Wi-Fi for one device only. But we do agree with other reviewers- charging for Wi-Fi doesn't seem reasonable, especially as most 4-star hotels nowadays offer free WI-Fi.

The staff was professional and polite, but not friendly.

Nice buffet breakfast but breakfast staff were unpleasant.

We love walking and bickering so we didn't mind that the hotel was 15-20 minutes walk from the centre.

Overall, a special experience because we got engaged in Florence! We were just disappointed that the staff didn't acknowledge our engagement or congratulate us. Must be an Italian thing?

Room Tip: It's worth upgrading especially in the summer so your room is stocked up with cold drinks and a...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Maurizio_Lavetti, Direttore at UNA Hotel Vittoria, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for having spent some of your time to leave your precious comment on UNA Hotel Vittoria, that will allow us to verify the quality of our services and to approach more and more to your expectations; I’m glad that you appreciate the hotel location, in the historical quarter of San Frediano, near the Lungarno for your visit in Florence.

All of our staff is trained to establish a friendly relationship with the Guests and to follow the “UNA services guide” personalized to please every Guest, who confirm everyday to the Management this attitude. I am deeply sorry about the problem occurred in the Breakfast Room, Customer care is a priority in UNA Hotels.

We are sorry but maybe we didn’t acknowledge that was your engagement, please accept our apologies.

Wishes to have you again our Guest, I send you my best regards

There are newer reviews for UNA Hotel Vittoria

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Conveniently located in a quiet villa of San Frediano, not far from the historical centre and some good restaurants within few steps, this design hotel offers good service and a rich breakfast; very friendly staff.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SchnellCarugate
Maurizio_Lavetti, Direttore at UNA Hotel Vittoria, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for having spent some of your time to leave your precious comment on UNA Hotel Vittoria, that will allow us to verify the quality of our services and to approach more and more to your expectations.
The hotel is located in the historical quarter of San Frediano, near the Lungarno, adjacent the hotel is also available the public Bus n. 6, who takes you directly to the Santa Maria Novella Railway Station, city-centre and to the Fiorentina’s Stadium.

Who instead love to walk surrounded by florentine ancient buildings, walking through the historical San Frediano area, or along the Arno River, you arrives to Gold Bridge more and less 20 minutes. Wishes to have you again our Guest, I send you my best regards.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We stayed for 5 days in April, the hotel is clean, modern styling with beautiful Bisazza tiling and serves a nice great buffet breakfast. We stayed in room 215 which was really small but with lovely open windows and views of the front courtyard. At the end of our bed, there was a bar/desk, then two barstools, then the mirrored wall 30cms away from the bar stools. Suffice to say, I did injure myself on the HUGE wallmounted TV on this wall and now have a nasty green and purple bruise on my arm as a result of simply trying to walk around my bed, bar, barstools and to the bathroom. There was no need for these stools and even without them, there is little space to walk around the bed and the stupid massive TV and end of bed bar. The bathroom is a beautiful purple Bisazza tiled wetroom which I loved, although its getting tired now, the shower head was coming off the ceiling and the purple sanitary ware looks dated because of the colour. But the previous reviewer which said that water gets everywhere in the bathroom... well, its a wetroom, and water will get everywhere. In the whole of bedroom, there was ONE socket by the bed to charge eletricals and ONE socket by the door (which was around the bed, bartable, barstools, bathroom, wardrobe and out of sight), which is a real pain and inconvenience, especially in a day and age where people are charging phones, iPads, cameras etc. My husband and I could only charge on item at a time because of this. The lighting system was strange and charming. There were spotlights in amongst the red soft wall tiles (hence I called the room, "the womb") which we left on during th enight and reminded me of stars, pretty romantic. The bedside lights were little twisty pencil lights which emit very little light and pointless as bedside lights.
Florence is beautiful and full of great places to eat, but the hotel staff only recommended TWO restaurants to eat nearby which were very expensive, especially when they are a good 15 mins walk from the centre of Florence where you have a bigger choice. We did go to Pandomomio which was ok, expensive. We tried to get the hotel to make some restaurant reservations and, it involved us constantly calling the hotel to see if they had done it, when in hindsight, we should have taken the trouble to do it ourselves and stumble through our non existent italian/ english rather then constantly disturb our relax time and keep calling the hotel.
Final point was that on the 3rd day of our 5 night stay we were told that the hotel refunds 2 local bus tickets per person per day of our stay, which for a hotel 20 mins walk from the centre of Florence is quite useful information. Once you have spent all day walking around, the best thing to do is jump on a bus back to the hotel rather than a 20 min walk. Wish we had known and was told that when we checked in, then we would have had more time. Ok, its only 1.2euro for bus ticket, but I'd rather have 20-30 mins extra chilling in my hotel or in a cafe than a walk back to hotel and then another 20 min walk out to the centre for dinner.
Overall, the hotel price was really reasonable for Florence. We found that most city centre Florence hotels are massively expensive and this was out trade off. A cheaper hotel, which is on the outskirts (GET THE BUS into town!) which is clean, modern, good breakfast to set you up for a day of sightseeing. Ok, but could be better.

Room Tip: dont have room 215, it is TINY. Although it overlooks the front courtyard, its so small and badly de...
2  Thank london_saver
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights in April.

The positives:
- Location good. We found being away from the hustle and bustle of the centre great, and really enjoyed the 20 minute walk into town.
- Good recommendations from the front desk, particularly the Osteria Dell'Orto which was exceptional.
- Generally friendly and responsive staff members.

Cons:
- We were given a small room next to two lifts, and given they cause a lot of noise in the room, we requested a change. The alternative room given to us was much bigger and on the ground floor, facing the back of the hotel. But the only ventilation came from a door which opened onto a public courtyard, which essentially meant we were unable to have any fresh air in the room.
- To air the room, we tried the air conditioning and were told this is centrally controlled and only works between the hours of 12.30 and 20.30 - baffling. Room was consequently pretty warm and stuffy.
- Little quirks here and there: no towels left after room cleaning, safe not working when we first arrived, bits and bobs not working.
- Wi-Fi only available if paid for. €1 for 30 minutes. In this day and age, charging for Wi-Fi doesn't make a lot of sense.

Overall this hotel was fine - could have been smoother but generally ok. Tip: ask for room away from lift, and with windows which can be opened if you like fresh air.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank csmrib
Maurizio_Lavetti, Direttore at UNA Hotel Vittoria, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for having spent some of your time to leave your precious comment on UNA Hotel Vittoria, that will allow us to verify the quality of our services and to approach more and more to your expectations; Customer satisfaction is a primary goal of UNA Hotels & Resorts.

I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel location in the historical quarter of San Frediano, near the Lungarno. I’m glad too that you love to walk surrounded by florentine ancient buildings, walking through the historical San Frediano area, or along the Arno River, reaching the Gold Bridge in just 20 minutes.

The cleanliness and hygiene is a priority in UNA Hotels, the rooms are cleaned by a specialized staff and our housekeeper occurs every day the standard of cleaning, just to ensure maximum cleanliness. We are sorry to note that in his case the procedure has not been applied in a perfect way.

Temperatures are set as part of the environment and the rules in force, usually 21° on winter and 22 ° on summer.

Our Company offers to our guests ADSL2 + 12 / 1 Mbps with at least 1 Mbps of guaranteed band. We have choosed to offer a good service even if it means paying a fee.

Anyway, in the Special Packages section of our website you could find various special offers that include the internet service.

Wishes to have you again our Guest, I send you my best regards.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

There was nothing inherently wrong or terrible about our stay. The staff was professional and courteous, but I wouldn't say friendly. The property was clean and well maintained. I just don't think it's a great place for family travel. It felt a very quirky to me. While the lobby is bright and cheery, the upstairs was very dark (hall walls, ceilings and floors painted black and stark). The room doors had dark, baroque-like paintings of people who bordered on creepy. Inside the room the 1st thing we discovered is that you couldn't take a shower with any privacy! There were full length, clear windows on each shower area (1 shower area was right near the front door and the toilet area was connected to that with a clear glass door! So if the door to the room opened, anyone walking by could peek at a showering or toileting person!). The bed area had LED beaded lighting. My kids thought it was neat but it gave me a 70's night club or couples only vibe.
Breakfast was good, however we felt like the manager of dining was glaring at us and possibly not happy that we returned once or twice for items we missed.
On the bright side, we spent time in the lounge one night and ended up eating a light dinner there. The bartender was VERY warm and hospitable. They provided some complimentary light snacks and we enjoyed our panini ham and cheese with beverages.
The walk to downtown Florence was about 15-20 minutes through a not-so-scenic area.
You have to pay for WiFi connection as well.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Maurizio_Lavetti, Direttore at UNA Hotel Vittoria, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Dear Guest,

UNA Hotel Vittoria is a new emotional expression for a hotel planned to amaze guests with its extraordinary modern design realized in the 84 rooms and in the public areas of bar, restaurant and conference rooms, evocating the ancient Florentine spirit of hospitality. We truly regret that you didn't appreciate the style of our room. I am deeply sorry about the perception of customer care occurred in the Breakfast Room, meanwhile I’m happy to hear that your experience at our bar was good.

All of our staff is trained to establish a friendly relationship with the Guests and to follow the “UNA services guide” personalized to please every Guest, who confirm everyday to the Management this attitude, wer ar very sorry that you didn't find it in this way.

Wishes to have you again our Guest, I send you my best regards.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We had a really pleasant stay at Hotel UNA Vittoria. I would recommend the hotel for couples.
The front office team and the service team were always really nice and helpful. The front office team gave us really good advices about where to go and where to eat. The hotel has an impressive design and the rooms have amazing light effects.

The location is quite good, in 15 minutes by foot you can reach the "Ponte Vecchio". Even if it is not right in the city center it is a good location.

The only thing that disappointed us was the bathroom, it is not what you would expect in a four star hotel, we had a really uncomfortable shower that would wet the whole bathroom.
If you book the room be sure to ask the bathroom with a bath tub.

The whole experience was good and I would recommend it to couples as a romantic hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Maurizio_Lavetti, Direttore at UNA Hotel Vittoria, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for having spent some of your time to leave your precious comment on UNA Hotel Vittoria.
We are satisfied that you have appreciated our hotel location in the historical quartier of San Frediano, 20 minutes walking distance from Ponte Vecchio. Adjacent the hotel is also available the public Bus n. 6, who takes you directly to the Santa Maria Novella Railway Station, city-centre and to the Fiorentina’s Stadium.
I'm glad to hear that the staff was nice and helpful. Our staff is trained to establish a friendly relationship with the Guests and follow the “UNA services guide” personalized to please every Guest. I've just shared your nice comment to all our team.

Thanking to share your reviews to the tripadvisor community, I suggest you to click "like" on our facebook page, in order to get updated on our offers, package and city events.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

We chose this hotel on a whim as it looked so modern and different to anywhere we'd stayed before and were extremely pleased with our decision once we'd arrived. It is in a quiet residential area with many local restaurants, gelaterias and shops. It takes approximately fifteen minutes to walk from the hotel to the very centre of Florence, it was a nice river-side walk. The room and hotel were very clean and the staff were friendly, approachable and knowledgeable of the area and the hotel. Our only complaint is the lack of free WiFi with our room. For such a pricey room I feel WiFi should have been included within the price of the room as it is with other similarly priced hotels we stayed in within the same trip. We only stayed for two nights which we survived fairly easily without WiFi but going without internet connection for any longer would have been tricky especially when it came to researching things to do within Florence.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Maurizio_Lavetti, Direttore at UNA Hotel Vittoria, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear Kathryn,
We are extremely glad to read your Comment. It gives meaning to the dayly commitment that all the Staff of the Una Hotel Vittoria shows in its business.
Anyway, in the Special Packages section of our website unahotels.it, you could find various special offers that include the internet service.
We're looking for to welcome you again as our Guest, inviting you to visit our website to discover the offer.