“Perfect ... and also the main reason I joined Trip Advisor”

Residenza Il Villino B&B
Ranked #16 of 659 Florence B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 January 2012

So I have used trip advisor for years to look at reviews of places I was going, normally after i had already booked the place. However, when planning our trip to Europe last May I was overwhelmed by the number of choices so I used the reviews on trip advisor to find a place in Florence, and we ended up choosing Residenza Il Vil1ino.

Our stay there was amazing!!! So amazing, that I actually signed up for an account cause I felt the need to pay forward the helpful info I had gleaned from other trip advisor members. Sergio,Elizabeth and Lorenzo were all great, they absolutely made us feel at home. It was our favorite place we stayed during our trip. It is not a fancy, five star, or Ritzy type place, instead it offers a home away from home where you are left feeling like you are living like a local as my husband would say.

The rooms were clean, well furnished, and very comfortable. The location could not have been better as it was about a 5 minute walk to the Duomo, the courtyard was beautiful, and the breakfast was convenient and delicious. We were traveling with my in-laws, my brother, and my husband's sister, making a total of 6 in our group; we had read in the Rick Steve's book that they had a family room that was a 2 room suite that could accommodate up to 6 people and after emailing Sergio we were able to book that for our stay. I think it actually can hold 7 people, but either way it was spacious and worked out perfect for us; my in-laws took the private room while the "kids" (we range in age from 26-31) all slept in the big room.

Everyone there was very helpful, and went out of their way to make sure you were comfortable. The also acted as great resources for tips and information on local customs. I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else if we go back to Florence.

Room Tip: If you need a bigger room, just call or email and ask for the family suite.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 January 2012

Great place to stay! My daughter and I stayed here for a week in November 2011 when we were visiting my son in Florence. Sergio, Elizabeth and Lorenzo are wonderful people and very helpful. They made sure we had everything we needed. The place was very clean and comfortable, nice and quiet. Breakfast every morning was very good and the coffee was delicious. Good location for our needs. They even held our luggage for us when we went to Rome for a night. Will stay there again for sure!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank sue s
Reviewed 13 January 2012

In December 2011, we made our third visit to Il Villino and we would never stay anywhere else in Florence. Sergio, Elizabeth, and Lorenzo are the most wonderful hosts. They are kind, helpful, responsive, and knowledgeable. Our room this time, as in the past, was lovely, comfortable, and immaculate. The breakfast buffet included fresh fruit, fruit tarts, croissants, bread rolls, a variety of juices, yogurt, cereal, coffee, tea, and made-to-order cappucino. Everything was fresh and delicious. I can't say enough about how wonderful it is to stay at Il Villino. It's simply the best!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Italyheart
Reviewed 13 January 2012

Stayed here for two night in January, 2012. Sergio and Family are some of the nicest people I have met in Italy. They could not do enough for you. We would stay here again if we come back to Florence. Room was large with a comfortable big bed and a great Sofa Bed, bathroom was well appointed and large. Breakfast was inside due to the weather, plenty of variety Cappucino provided or any thing else you wanted. Location was within easy walking distance of the Duomo, Accadamia and the Uffizzi and Ponte Vecchio.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 January 2012

My husband and I stayed here in 2007 and decided to try another B&B for our Oct, 2011 trip. Big mistake. For approximately the same amount of money, the place we ended up at was not so great. I made a quick call to Residenza ll Villino and luckily they had a room for us. We moved the next day and were so glad we did. We walk everywhere from ll Villino and the rooms a comfortable and quiet. My only complaint is that if they are full and you are late for breakfast there might not be much left. I was disappointed one day at the breakfast buffet. Otherwise I would recommend staying here, in fact if we return to Florence I will stay there again. It is a good value and the family is very nice and helpful.

Room Tip: We stayed twice, once on the ground floor and once on the 3rd floor. The 3rd floor had a view of the...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ayaa
Reviewed 10 January 2012

Sergio was a great host, fulfilling our every need without delay. We had the room next to the street in the bottom floor, a room with two separate bedrooms. This room is the only source of minor disapproval experienced on our stay, a touch too loud due to the traffic noise outside our windows. I cannot blame Sergio for that! Otherwise, every other expectation was met and usually exceeded.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank David P
Reviewed 5 January 2012

THis was a lovely B&B down a side street. Off the beaten path, but a short walk to the good stuff...San Lorenzo market! Our room was quiet and the courtyard was lovely. Breakfast pretty adequate for Italy. I was without luggage for two days, and the owner made MANY calls to the airport to help me retrieve my bags. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Our room had 3 singles, so it was perfect for 3 adults.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family