“Perfect!”
Review of Palazzo Ruspoli

Palazzo Ruspoli
Ranked #139 of 659 Florence B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 July 2012

I was a skeptic before I checked in because it seemed too good to be true and the reviews were good but not excellent. But it was true. the hotel was literally across from the Duomo. I could see the Piazza Duomo from my room.

The front desk is only open from 8-11 & 2-6:30. Its run by a 4 star hotel a few min walk away so if you need anything you call them or stop by the Hotel Brunelleschi.

Its an old palace or something renovated with rooms. my room was massive. I could have had 10 people in it. It was super clean. the air conditioning was amazing and the staff was all friendly and welcoming. the breakfast was basic but you don't go to Italy to eat breakfast. Also the woman who sets up the breakfast will make you a proper barista cafe latte or cappucchino if you ask!

The first night I was there a bat died on my window ledge outside. I only know because when I woke up it was so nice to open the windows to see the Duomo. anyway I didn't tell anyone because it didn't bother me but they took care of it when they cleaned my room. very thorough and very professional place.

I will stay again and will recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank WiscoGirl_Leeds

Reviewed 1 July 2012

I think there is perhaps no better location in all of Florence. We were on a quiet street just steps from the Duomo. Four floors up, no lobby except for an occaisionally manned desk, but the receptionist was courteous and made dinner and cab reservations for us. Room very spacious and breakfast was outstanding....ham, salami, cheese, fresh OJ, rolls, yogurt, fresh cut fruit, coffee, butter, cream cheese, etc. Bathrooms modern and nice. We loved this place!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2012

We spend 2 nights in this structure. We did the reservation on the Hotel Brunelleschi page so we thought that we were going to sleeping there. When we got there at the reception of the Brunelleschi we find out that we we had to sleep in the other structure.

No big deal for us even if a little surprised. The reception of the Brunelleschi was realy gentle and since we had to wait until the Palazzo Ruspoli reception was open (at 14:00), they let us leave the baggage at the Brunelleschi while we were going for a walk around Florence.

We noticed some noise the first night outside the room as told from other customers (it was saturday night), but the second night (sunday), it was much better. I would anyway advise new and more isolated window at some point.

Overall we were happy to be so central. :)

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TRACKMA5T3R
Reviewed 1 January 2012

This hotel's biggest asset was the central location literarly meters away from the Dome. The rooms were clean and spacious. 9.8/10

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank Steve D
Reviewed 19 December 2011

This "hotel" is extremely old and outdated. The "500" meter walk to the real hotel is more like 1/4 mile amongst hundreds of people while dragging your luggage. The noise is unbearable for street side rooms. Despite the view of the duomo the cons far outweigh the pros!! Don't waste your money staying here. The hassles aren't worth it. Not to mention the Internet is as fast as dial up. Have two more nights here and can't wait to get out. My travel agent will get an earful for making me stay here.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Honeymooners121011
Reviewed 19 August 2011

This is a B&B located right in the center of Florence, It is located on the 3rd Floor of a building, there is a small sign on the door that mentions the B&B, you have to access the building and take elevator to 3rd floor were you'll find check in counter and breakfast room. At check in they would give you 3 keys, one for the building, one for the piano (the floor were your room would be) and one for your room. We have never been at a hotel like this where there's not a reception counter on the first floor so it was very interesting, but we liked this hotel a lot, rooms are spacious considering you are in Europe and very cute, we loved the ropes hanging at the bed rest, and the pretty hallway, also most rooms have a very nice view to the Duomo. I would guess that the hotel is built into an antique building so the bathroom is made for the room, adapted, but its comfortable and clean. Breakfast was very good, basic European breakfast that we enjoyed a lot and the breakfast room is very preetty. This hotel is owned by the same people that owns the Bruneleschi hotel, in fact reception hours are limited and if you arrive after hours you would have to check in at Bruneleschi and then go to the B&B, also we found that the bed comforter said Bruneleschi so it was funny. Overall a good experience and pleasant stay. What we didn't like is that rooms don't have air conditioning, they only place a couple of vents and they were very dirty on the inside. Weather in Florence was very comfortable so we didn´t miss the air conditioning, but it is to consider if you go on winter, I guess rooms would be very cold.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2011

When i booked this hotel i was made aware that the only rooms available were the small double rooms that overlooked the very quiet courtyard with the bathroom next door but for my sole use. The room was exactly as described small but big enough for 2 adults. The rooms were furnished with beautiful soft furnishings. Beautful high ceilings with lovely old wooden shutters at the windows. Such a beautiful old building with the wooden entrance doors at least 20 meters high - stunning. The hotel is a small sister hotel to another one situated around 5/10 mins walk away, which means because the desk is only manned part time you need to clarify when booking what time you willl arrive to ensure there's someone to let you in. Would be more than happy to stay here again although i think the breakfast(lovely coffee) selection & Wi-FI access (according to my 15yr old) could be improved - but it was adequate

Room Tip: Book a room that faces into the courtyard as they're much quieter