“Location ,location ,location !!!”
Review of Palazzo Ruspoli

Palazzo Ruspoli
Ranked #111 of 672 Florence B&B and Inns
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Location ,location ,location !!!”
Reviewed 6 October 2012 via mobile

The hotel is located in the duomo .IN not next ,not few min walk in .
From the window we saw everything .

We spend 3 night in this hotel and took day trip to Tuscany ( Pisa,Siena,lucca,San gimigiano and many more )

The hotel s close to anyplace in Firenze .
Include train station .

The service is very good , and breakfast is ok .

The room is to new but ok and clean .

Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Shimi B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Sydney
Reviewed 20 September 2012

This hotel is in great location, right on the mall close to every tourist attraction you can imagine. They have huge rooms with very high ceiling. Reception is open only between 8 am to 11 am and then from 2pm untill 5.00. All other times its unattended and if you arrive all other times or need something, you need to contact different hotel which is not far.
They advertise free Wi Fi but it Does't Work. The lady will still give you codes for it but it will not work. I asked her why it doesnt work, to which she replied we do have wifi but its very slow. Its so slow that it will not open google page.
We were waken up a few times at night by very loud sirens of police and ambulances cars.
Breakfast is very limited but they do good coffee

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Julia P
Leeds, UK
Reviewed 28 July 2012

I was a skeptic before I checked in because it seemed too good to be true and the reviews were good but not excellent. But it was true. the hotel was literally across from the Duomo. I could see the Piazza Duomo from my room.

The front desk is only open from 8-11 & 2-6:30. Its run by a 4 star hotel a few min walk away so if you need anything you call them or stop by the Hotel Brunelleschi.

Its an old palace or something renovated with rooms. my room was massive. I could have had 10 people in it. It was super clean. the air conditioning was amazing and the staff was all friendly and welcoming. the breakfast was basic but you don't go to Italy to eat breakfast. Also the woman who sets up the breakfast will make you a proper barista cafe latte or cappucchino if you ask!

The first night I was there a bat died on my window ledge outside. I only know because when I woke up it was so nice to open the windows to see the Duomo. anyway I didn't tell anyone because it didn't bother me but they took care of it when they cleaned my room. very thorough and very professional place.

I will stay again and will recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank WiscoGirl_Leeds
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 1 July 2012

I think there is perhaps no better location in all of Florence. We were on a quiet street just steps from the Duomo. Four floors up, no lobby except for an occaisionally manned desk, but the receptionist was courteous and made dinner and cab reservations for us. Room very spacious and breakfast was outstanding....ham, salami, cheese, fresh OJ, rolls, yogurt, fresh cut fruit, coffee, butter, cream cheese, etc. Bathrooms modern and nice. We loved this place!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 3 June 2012

We spend 2 nights in this structure. We did the reservation on the Hotel Brunelleschi page so we thought that we were going to sleeping there. When we got there at the reception of the Brunelleschi we find out that we we had to sleep in the other structure.

No big deal for us even if a little surprised. The reception of the Brunelleschi was realy gentle and since we had to wait until the Palazzo Ruspoli reception was open (at 14:00), they let us leave the baggage at the Brunelleschi while we were going for a walk around Florence.

We noticed some noise the first night outside the room as told from other customers (it was saturday night), but the second night (sunday), it was much better. I would anyway advise new and more isolated window at some point.

Overall we were happy to be so central. :)

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank TRACKMA5T3R
Suceava, Romania
Reviewed 1 January 2012

This hotel's biggest asset was the central location literarly meters away from the Dome. The rooms were clean and spacious. 9.8/10

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank Steve D
Reviewed 19 December 2011

This "hotel" is extremely old and outdated. The "500" meter walk to the real hotel is more like 1/4 mile amongst hundreds of people while dragging your luggage. The noise is unbearable for street side rooms. Despite the view of the duomo the cons far outweigh the pros!! Don't waste your money staying here. The hassles aren't worth it. Not to mention the Internet is as fast as dial up. Have two more nights here and can't wait to get out. My travel agent will get an earful for making me stay here.

• Stayed December 2011