“Bigger than my lounge room!”
Review of Palazzo Ruspoli

Palazzo Ruspoli
Ranked #139 of 659 Florence B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 January 2013 via mobile

Some conflicting reviews on trip advisor that's for sure. We stayed on the 4th floor, perhaps that had something to do with our very pleasant stay.

The room was massive! Easily the biggest in all of my European travel experience - with an extra high ceiling. Large windows open up to the street below and to an unexpected view of the Piazza del Duomo!

Bathroom was great, flat screen TV, unbelievably good heating, fast elevator and unlike most reviews on here we found the internet to be hassle free and fast (although we did identify with some smells but they were non existent in our room)

Make sure you arrive after 2pm, we had to kill an hour in the spaghetti restaurant across the street while we waited. Avoid.

1  Thank Stovsa

Reviewed 6 January 2013

We were looking forward to travelling to Florence and even booked to stay an extra night. Florence is difficult to get into if you're travelling by car which we learned the hard way. We had to drag our luggage up to the hotel which is smack bang in the middle of the city right near the Florence cathedral ( which was the only plus). The smell as you enter downstairs is terrible.i hope they will refurbish it to make it more welcoming. Reception was average and then we found out we had to pay for parking which was 34euros a night! The rooms are of average decor and I especially did not like the bathroom which was the disability access and water tended to wet the whole bathroom. There was a heated towel rack though. Breakfast is definitely the Italian way with cold slices and 3 types of cereal and fruit added with a small selection of pastries. The waitress during breakfast was however lovely and bright with a ready smile each morning. You can walk to the train station to get around which took us about a 5-10 minute walk. There is so much to see in Florence so worth visiting but we would stay somewhere else that's for sure. We found a carpark just beside the train station when we checked out ( which is early at 10am) so we could walk around on our last day which is much cheaper and we think that you could walk to central hotels from there if you had a backpack or one suitcase though it will be a walk through the train station.

Room Tip: ask to be furthest away from the cathedral as the clock tends to be very loud especially if you want...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank champneta
Reviewed 6 October 2012

The hotel is located in the duomo .IN not next ,not few min walk in .
From the window we saw everything .

We spend 3 night in this hotel and took day trip to Tuscany ( Pisa,Siena,lucca,San gimigiano and many more )

The hotel s close to anyplace in Firenze .
Include train station .

The service is very good , and breakfast is ok .

The room is to new but ok and clean .

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Shimi B
Reviewed 20 September 2012

This hotel is in great location, right on the mall close to every tourist attraction you can imagine. They have huge rooms with very high ceiling. Reception is open only between 8 am to 11 am and then from 2pm untill 5.00. All other times its unattended and if you arrive all other times or need something, you need to contact different hotel which is not far.
They advertise free Wi Fi but it Does't Work. The lady will still give you codes for it but it will not work. I asked her why it doesnt work, to which she replied we do have wifi but its very slow. Its so slow that it will not open google page.
We were waken up a few times at night by very loud sirens of police and ambulances cars.
Breakfast is very limited but they do good coffee

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Julia P
Reviewed 28 July 2012

I was a skeptic before I checked in because it seemed too good to be true and the reviews were good but not excellent. But it was true. the hotel was literally across from the Duomo. I could see the Piazza Duomo from my room.

The front desk is only open from 8-11 & 2-6:30. Its run by a 4 star hotel a few min walk away so if you need anything you call them or stop by the Hotel Brunelleschi.

Its an old palace or something renovated with rooms. my room was massive. I could have had 10 people in it. It was super clean. the air conditioning was amazing and the staff was all friendly and welcoming. the breakfast was basic but you don't go to Italy to eat breakfast. Also the woman who sets up the breakfast will make you a proper barista cafe latte or cappucchino if you ask!

The first night I was there a bat died on my window ledge outside. I only know because when I woke up it was so nice to open the windows to see the Duomo. anyway I didn't tell anyone because it didn't bother me but they took care of it when they cleaned my room. very thorough and very professional place.

I will stay again and will recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank WiscoGirl_Leeds
Reviewed 1 July 2012

I think there is perhaps no better location in all of Florence. We were on a quiet street just steps from the Duomo. Four floors up, no lobby except for an occaisionally manned desk, but the receptionist was courteous and made dinner and cab reservations for us. Room very spacious and breakfast was outstanding....ham, salami, cheese, fresh OJ, rolls, yogurt, fresh cut fruit, coffee, butter, cream cheese, etc. Bathrooms modern and nice. We loved this place!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2012

We spend 2 nights in this structure. We did the reservation on the Hotel Brunelleschi page so we thought that we were going to sleeping there. When we got there at the reception of the Brunelleschi we find out that we we had to sleep in the other structure.

No big deal for us even if a little surprised. The reception of the Brunelleschi was realy gentle and since we had to wait until the Palazzo Ruspoli reception was open (at 14:00), they let us leave the baggage at the Brunelleschi while we were going for a walk around Florence.

We noticed some noise the first night outside the room as told from other customers (it was saturday night), but the second night (sunday), it was much better. I would anyway advise new and more isolated window at some point.

Overall we were happy to be so central. :)

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple