This hotel ticked so many boxes for us for three key reasons, location / quality / staff.
Location - ideal for exploring this fascinating city. It is in Piazza Santa Maria Novella which is a great place to be based - separate to having Santa Maria Novella Church on your doorstep - because your walking distances to so many of the key places are minimal.
Quality - could honestly write a lot here because the hotel is of the highest quality. The minimalist external appearance of the property is very attractive, understated sophistication , and makes it feel like you have a home away from home. The quiet air conditioned receiption is welcoming both on first visit and when returning from trips out. We asked for a room not overlooking the square as we had heard it could be noisy sometimes, and it was very quiet indeed. The standard of the room was high with attractive decor. The bathroom was lovely with a very nice walk in shower that was very efficient and some very nice toileteries that come from the famous local perfumery. The breakfast room is a very restful area with some very nice artwork of the local sites on the wall. The choice of breakfast items is comprehensive but not over the top at the same time. There are other very nice rooms as well - didnt make the fitness area, but i am sure if it is anything like the rest of the hotel i am sure it will be of high quality.
Staff - from first contact to checking out, everything was taken care of with quiet efficiency and courtesy. Being unsure of where to eat in the area we asked the front desk for advice and they gave us the name of a place to go for each night of our 6 night stay, booked tables for us, and also sorted out a special dining experience for us for our anniversary ( this was at their sister hotel Villa Cora - private hotel shuttle took us there).
If we are fortunate enough to go back to Florence, this hotel will be number 1 on our list
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All the rooms are furnished with air conditioning/heating, direct dial telephone, free Wi-Fi internet connection or lan cable connection, hair-dryer, minibar, bath or shower, electric safe, flat screen tv, courtesy set of "Officina Santa Maria Novella," vanity mirror, sleepers, tea pot with herb tea. Superior room with view has a splendid view over the Basilica of Santa Maria Novella, flat screen TV, mini-bar and a splendid marble bathroom ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Blastness , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Santa Maria Novella Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Maria Novella Florence
- Hotel Santa Maria Novella