We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. I had been saving for quite a while to go to Italy to celebrate my 50th Birthday. The hotel is really lovely. The rooms are spacious with good air conditioning. The bathrooms are really nice - all marble with lovely fluffy white towels. The bedding is top quality. Although many areas within Florence are quite noisy, once inside the Santa Maria, you cannot hear anything. We had some really lovely nights sleep whilst staying there.The hotel is exceptionally clean. The roof terrace is a nice extra touch for chilling out and watching the world go by. The only downside we found with this hotel is that some of the staff are quite stuck up. They appeared to make a fuss of any of the guests who they expected tips from, i.e. people from the US. We did have some queries about public transport, i.e. trains and bus times. We were told that it would be better if we took a taxi everywhere. Unfortunately, our budget did not stretch to 60 mile journeys. Also, at breakfast, the waiting staff would make a bee line for the American guests, asking them what drinks they would like with their meal. On each morning, we had to seek out the staff to make our drinks request. Overall, you cannot fault this hotel as a building, but, from our experience, unless you are prepared to leave tips for everything, do not expect any great service from the staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All the rooms are furnished with air conditioning/heating, direct dial telephone, free Wi-Fi internet connection or lan cable connection, hair-dryer, minibar, bath or shower, electric safe, flat screen tv, courtesy set of "Officina Santa Maria Novella," vanity mirror, sleepers, tea pot with herb tea. Superior room with view has a splendid view over the Basilica of Santa Maria Novella, flat screen TV, mini-bar and a splendid marble bathroom ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Santa Maria Novella Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Maria Novella Florence
- Hotel Santa Maria Novella