I'm sorry to say, but our experience here was terrible. Upon arrival, we learned that the city had experienced a 'cold snap' the week before and the air conditioning had been turned off. The heat had been turned on. While I can see the reasoning in that.....Florence was 70 degrees while we were there. And we had the tiniest room ever, with no ventilation. It was beyond stifling. My husband and I aren't large people and we were miserable staying in that tiny double bed. We slept on top of the sheets, with hardly anything on and were still sweating. I called and asked if they could do anything about it, and was told to basically suck it up. I asked if we could just check out and go somewhere else and they replied that was fine....but we would receive no refund of our money.
The next morning, we attempted to eat the complimentary breakfast. No tables were to be found, and when we finally were able to sit they stopped bringing out fresh food. Why? Because it was almost the end of service (they still had over half an hour) and so they weren't cooking anymore eggs or hot foods.
Overall, this was not what I expected. Nor will I ever go back to this hotel. No customer service, no caring that their guests were sweltering, and no offer of at least a free drink at the bar for our troubles. I paid for a hotel to give me a comfortable night's sleep....and I almost slept in the lobby area since that's the only place that wasn't hot. Not my favorite experience on my trip and I don't want anyone else to experience this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All the rooms are furnished with air conditioning/heating, direct dial telephone, free Wi-Fi internet connection or lan cable connection, hair-dryer, minibar, bath or shower, electric safe, flat screen tv, courtesy set of "Officina Santa Maria Novella," vanity mirror, sleepers, tea pot with herb tea. Superior room with view has a splendid view over the Basilica of Santa Maria Novella, flat screen TV, mini-bar and a splendid marble bathroom ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Santa Maria Novella Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Maria Novella Florence
- Hotel Santa Maria Novella