1,818 results
All reviewstrain stationmarble bathroombeautiful hoteloverlooking the squarebeautiful piazzaarriving by trainbreakfast roomrooftop terracejunior suitebeautiful roomwithin walking distanceperfect locationfive minute walksitting roommajor attractionsold worldour honeymoon
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We chose this hotel for its location and nice decoration. It is more expensive than other hotels on the same street. However, for a four star hotel, there is no iron and body lotion available. I think this is quite inconvenient for travellers. Also when we arrived earlier at around noon time, there is no early check in. We need to wait till 2:00pm for check in.
So we like the location, the buffet breakfast and the decoration. The room is a bit small. I think they can improve by providing iron and body lotion in the room.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I stayed overnight and enjoyed the very comfortable room, charmingly decorated, with a wonderful marble clad bathroom. The room was clean, quiet and spacious enough for a single person. Only defect, mosquitoes woke me up all night so I slept not so well. But I recommend it nevertheless

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I'm sorry to say, but our experience here was terrible. Upon arrival, we learned that the city had experienced a 'cold snap' the week before and the air conditioning had been turned off. The heat had been turned on. While I can see the reasoning in that.....Florence was 70 degrees while we were there. And we had the tiniest room ever, with no ventilation. It was beyond stifling. My husband and I aren't large people and we were miserable staying in that tiny double bed. We slept on top of the sheets, with hardly anything on and were still sweating. I called and asked if they could do anything about it, and was told to basically suck it up. I asked if we could just check out and go somewhere else and they replied that was fine....but we would receive no refund of our money.

The next morning, we attempted to eat the complimentary breakfast. No tables were to be found, and when we finally were able to sit they stopped bringing out fresh food. Why? Because it was almost the end of service (they still had over half an hour) and so they weren't cooking anymore eggs or hot foods.

Overall, this was not what I expected. Nor will I ever go back to this hotel. No customer service, no caring that their guests were sweltering, and no offer of at least a free drink at the bar for our troubles. I paid for a hotel to give me a comfortable night's sleep....and I almost slept in the lobby area since that's the only place that wasn't hot. Not my favorite experience on my trip and I don't want anyone else to experience this.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
11  Thank jbolt5959
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We just returned from 3 days in Florence and loved our time at the Hotel Santa Maria Novella. The staff, breakfast, location and room were more then we expected. We arrived in the morning and was a two block walk from the train station, we checked in and dropped our bags and started a trip to Pisa and returned back by evening.

Room Tip: Room 321 in facing the square.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We stayed here 3 nights and loved it. The view of the Church and piazza was fantastic. Be sure to get walking directions to the hotel if you take the train -- there were no signs on the exterior of the hotel but the directions they gave us made it easy to find. The hotel is comprised of several buildings so it is a little challenging finding your room (multiple elevators), but that just added to the charm. Although it is within walking distance to the train station, the hotel itself is quiet and has a calm atmosphere. It was a relief each night to come back and relax there. We never took a taxi the entire stay in Florence, everything was within walking distance from the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the plaza.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple