1,832 results
All reviews santa maria novella train station marble bathroom beautiful hotel overlooking the square beautiful piazza arriving by train breakfast room rooftop terrace junior suite beautiful room perfect location five minute walk sitting room major attractions old world breakfast staff
Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

The hotel lobby had a charming decor, with friendly staff. Admittedly, the hallways were rather hard to navigate and I had to use two elevators to get to my room with a view - but this wasn't much a trouble considering room size, cleanliness, and view. The marble bathroom was HUGE and we even had our own walk-in closet with a fridge and safe to use. The breakfast was good and it was in a great location next to train station for walking around in Florence. Although the hotel room was not cheap, I felt that it was excellent value.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Hotel is located in Piazza Santa Maria Novella which was a great location for us. We easily walked to the Uffizi, Duomo and Museo Salvatore Ferragamo. It is also a short walk to the train station. Staff were very nice and accommodating. Our room on the 4th floor was spacious and nicely decorated. Amazing bathroom with large marble shower. Mini frig and coffee maker were also in the room. Small balcony overlooked garden area. Breakfast was include. The Hotel does have a weird layout with winding hallways and a few staircases ( there are two elevators) but we thought that just added to the charm. We really enjoyed our 2 night stay in January.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank moppa
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I stayed here in June 2012, and am just getting to know Trip Advisor!!, so a catch up is happening. This is just an amazing hotel, and the bathroom was totally lined (shower included) with large slabs of marble, beautiful toiletries (including "intimate cleanser" I gather to use with the bidet. Room was amazingly decored and evening room maintenance included fresh little monogramed mats on the floor beside my bed for the comfort of my feet. The food was just lovely, and served in a beautiful mirrored dining room. WHEN you visit (not if) asked a staff member for the history of these buildings, including the basement. It is just fascinating, and part of the historical experience of old Italy. My father took fatally ill while I was staying here, and the staff were incredibly sensitive and helpful to me in facilitating international calls back to Australia. The lounge and reception area are lovely to just sit in and experience the frescos on the wall, art hanging on the walls, etc. A beautiful piazza is nearby, often with musicians busking, very close to the Santa Maris Novella train station, an easy walk to the Ponte Vecchio, the impressive Florence duomo, and horse and carriage rides clop by in the narrow cobbled streets. This hotel is just an incredibile experience, even before you venture out into Florence.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Coral R
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We stayed at the Santa Maria Novella for eight days over the Christmas period, on an art tour with wonderful Martin Randall Travel.
The hotel is situated in the Piazza Santa Maria Novella within sight of the imposing church of that name, and well worth a visit. This situation is in convenient walking distance of all of the magnificent sights of Florence, and all the restaurants!
Our room was large and spacious, beautifully furnished with a comfortable bed and very well appointed shower room and though looking out on the piazza the room was very quiet.
Breakfast was very good and was served in three delightful salons. The staff were excellent. There is a quirky 'Napoleonic' room, the owner is a fan of 'Boney', and all lounges were tastefully furnished. There is a pleasant bar where one can drink a Florentine Negroni, and on exploration you can get up to a bridge between two parts of the hotel where you get splendid views of the Duomo and Tower

Room Tip: From what I can gather all rooms are good, however there was a shortage of shelves and drawers so we had to leave some clothes in our suitcase.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank 330SandraM
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Okay, so my family trip was way back last year but i have just started to write my reviews nowadays.
I often travel with my daughter which is 5 at that time and my husband. We love historical places and one of the thing that took us to pick this hotel is our dear friend's recommendation. We very much appreciate the advice and the Hotel is without a doubt as what we expected. Nice and courteous staffs at the reception, the decor and classic arts that we appreciate very much is something that we enjoy. The room was neat and clean with amenities. We had the view of the Santa Maria Novella church, although there were people hanging out, you obviously can feel that they were not there to make noises or anything. Absolutely friendly people too. Continental breakfast selection was good. The hotels location is nearby the train station, restaurants, and a short distance walk from the Duomo. Souvenirs are just around for you to shop walking along the way to reach the cathedral of Duomo. Its an hour trip if I'm not mistaken to the tower of Pisa, and there's a bus that goes to "The Mall Outlet" (Bus Italia/Sita) located in Via Santa Caterina da Siena 17 close to the central train station. Single trip ticket is around 5Euro. Its a place to go if your looking for some designer stuff with outlet price.

Room Tip: The rooms are nice, you may not spend much time in the hotel except at night to sleep if you are really up for sightseeing.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family