Overall, I loved this hotel. The room was lovely, the view was outstanding (pay extra for the view - it's worth it), the staff was exceptionally kind and patient! There were a few hiccups (mentioned below) but overall it was a good experience. I would stay there again.
- excellent location - right on Santa Maria Novella square, walking distances of pretty much anywhere you'd want to go in Florence, near the train station, and near tons of great restaurants.
- beautiful view (see photo)
- beautiful room with comfortable bed (see photos)- also large lovely bathroom with nice towels (it's the little things!) (also in photo)
- the staff was very friendly and patient - their english was generally outstanding (with the exception of the room service operator as mentioned below)
- It was surprisingly hard to get room service! My second evening there, I left the tag on my door for breakfast the next day. I put the tag out at midnight and the instructions said it needed to be on the door by 5am. The tag was never taken and breakfast never came. When I tried to call down to room service the line was busy. After three tries, I called reception and they successful transferred me. The woman spoke very broken english (would have been much easier if they'd taken the tag) but once I actually got the order in, it came promptly.
- I could not connect with reception on the phone after four tries in 30 minutes on the morning I checked out. I kept trying to call down to have someone get my suitcase (very heavy and there were stairs between my room and the elevator). The line was consistently busy! Finally, I lugged the bag down myself.
- although they had free wi-fi (yay) - it was somewhat slow and often dropped. It was a major inconvenience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All the rooms are furnished with air conditioning/heating, direct dial telephone, free Wi-Fi internet connection or lan cable connection, hair-dryer, minibar, bath or shower, electric safe, flat screen tv, courtesy set of "Officina Santa Maria Novella," vanity mirror, sleepers, tea pot with herb tea. Superior room with view has a splendid view over the Basilica of Santa Maria Novella, flat screen TV, mini-bar and a splendid marble bathroom ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Santa Maria Novella Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Maria Novella Florence
- Hotel Santa Maria Novella