I would call this a "boutique" hotel. Not large or high end, but a lovely, elegant, comfortable choice. Very friendly, helpful staff. We flew into Rome and one suitcase did not make it. Hotel staff made the numerous phone calls necessary to get it delivered to us in Florence. They provided recommendations requested on restaurants, a department store and a nail salon (where they called to make an appointment) and every place they recommended was up to par. We opted for the superior room with a view which was spacious and beautifully furnished. The floors were hardwood. The marble bathroom was large with a huge, inviting tub and appeared recently renovated. The marble work on the floor and tub surround were just beautiful. Everything was immaculate. The breakfast was superb and the breakfast rooms elegant with coffee, cappuccino or tea offered by serving personnel and an extensive buffet of cheeses, hot and cold meats, eggs, fruit, cereals, breads, pastries, juices, bottled water, yogurts, etc. The location is on a charming "piazza" (plaza) named for the church that fronts it where there was often a street musician playing in the evening. Florence is small and most sites of interest are close and can be walked to. We became members of the Friends of the Uffizi before our trip at a cost of 100 Euros for a couple. It is a bargain because the membership cards provided free entrance to every state-owned museum in Florence (which is just about all of them) with no waiting on line any place and no reservation needed for the Uffizi which is otherwise ALWAYS required. If you shop, don't buy in the first place you see something. A same hand-tooled leather purse was 160 Euros at the first place, 145 at the second and 128 at the third and was actually bought for 112. The leather goods in Florence deserve their reputation for being the best. If you want to buy something from a street vendor, say no at first and the price will likely come down.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All the rooms are furnished with air conditioning/heating, direct dial telephone, free Wi-Fi internet connection or lan cable connection, hair-dryer, minibar, bath or shower, electric safe, flat screen tv, courtesy set of "Officina Santa Maria Novella," vanity mirror, sleepers, tea pot with herb tea. Superior room with view has a splendid view over the Basilica of Santa Maria Novella, flat screen TV, mini-bar and a splendid marble bathroom ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Santa Maria Novella Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Maria Novella Florence
- Hotel Santa Maria Novella