I had touble finding the Hotel Santa Maria Novella - the name is on a small plaque hidden behind a bush. The location is not in the very center of town, but because the historic center of Florence is so small, it's less than a 10 minute walk to most of the major attractions. The front desk staff was multi-lingual and very helpful. My room was spacious and very clean with a great view of the square and some of the only grass in the central city. The bathroom was clean. The hotel has a roof top terrace. My wife said the fitness center had brand new machines. The continental breakfast was set in a very lovely dining room. Dinner selections were excellent.
The front desk recommended and booked a hotel for us in La Spezia. When we arrived there, the accomodations were totally unacceptable and we didn't check-in.
However, we enjoyed every minute of our stay at Hotel Santa Maria Novella and wish we could have stayed a few more days. We'll be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All the rooms are furnished with air conditioning/heating, direct dial telephone, free Wi-Fi internet connection or lan cable connection, hair-dryer, minibar, bath or shower, electric safe, flat screen tv, courtesy set of "Officina Santa Maria Novella," vanity mirror, sleepers, tea pot with herb tea. Superior room with view has a splendid view over the Basilica of Santa Maria Novella, flat screen TV, mini-bar and a splendid marble bathroom ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, Agoda, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Santa Maria Novella Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Maria Novella Florence
- Hotel Santa Maria Novella