“Beautiful Hotel..Service Slipping?”
Review of JK Place Firenze

JK Place Firenze
Ranked #39 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 18 April 2009

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights while in Florence for our honeymoon. The hotel is a bit difficult to find but once you find it, you realize you are in a great location. The hotel was decorating so chic! I honestly wished my home looked as trendy. The room was minimal but chic as well. The bed was fairly comfortable, but it was not a king..two twins pushed together. We found that a bit odd. We did not stay in the smallest room so I cannot agree with the past reviews complaining about the size, our room was adequate in size. The breakfast offered each morning was good, not great but definitely edible. My only complaint was that our second morning there we ventured out at 9:45 am for sightseeing/museums and upon return after 1 pm our room had not been tended to. The bed was still unmade and linens were not refreshed. I was shocked! A hotel of this caliber, charging their prices I felt should have a room made up by 1 pm. Their recommendations for dinner were spot on! Both dinners at 13 Gobbi and Buca Mario were great! They also secured reservations at both of the art museums for us. This was a bit odd...we paid almost 3-4x's the ticket price for the hotel to secure them. I suppose this is a "service charge" but it was not disclosed in our e-mail correspondence. Nevertheless, it was nice not having to wait in the very long Que.
All in all I would recommend this hotel but I think they may have been understaffed while we were there (i.e. housekeeping?).

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FLNOLE

Reviewed 17 April 2009

My husband, 1 year old daughter and I spent 5 nights at JK Place in late March/early April. The experience was wonderful. The staff is so well chosen and trained - every single person knew how to give you an incredible experience from the hotel manager to housekeeping to the servers. They doted on our my daughter, provided milk in our minibar for her and recommended family friendly restaurants and outings. After our first day, we used the concierge's recommendations for every single dinner and was not once disappointed. No tourist traps, no standard pizzas and panini - every recommendation was fantastic. The hotel kept excellent notes on us and the details of our stay, what we liked, didn't like, where we had already gone, etc. It was clear that they "studied" and knew what to talk about and what we would be interested in. But it was done in a very natural way - very friendly and not awkward at all. It was like staying in the home of very gracious hosts, but still having as much privacy as you wanted. I really can't say enough about how wonderful the staff was.

Our room was a suite - very large, with 2 full bathrooms, a separate living room that could be closed off and 2 large closets. It felt like we had our own apartment. Everything was up to date and very stylish and very neutral. The room could have used a punch of accent color, in my opinion, but this is obviously very subjective.

One of the best parts of the JK Place experience is coming back after a long day of walking all over Florence and hanging out in the lounge, ordering a coffee or a prosecco, having some hors d'oeuvres (they are included and pretty much available all day long) and reading or just relaxing. The common areas of the hotel are beautifully done and very inviting.

The hotel's location makes it easy to get to everything, as is just about every location in Florence since the city is small and you can get everywhere on foot.

I highly recommend this hotel. When we return to Italy, I definitely want to try out JK Place Capri too!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2009

The hotel is wonderful and the staff are exceptional. It was a very personal service and they couldn't have been more helpful, interested and genuine.
We loved our room, the breakfast, the hotel decor, the ambience, even the delicious tea varieties (we are British after all). It was expensive, but well worth it. We only stayed in Florence for 2 nights and this hotel made it an experience to remember.
I'm not sure whether to tell everyone about the hotel, or keep it as our secret place - guess that's the mark of a really great 'find'.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 December 2008

J.K. Place is one of those hotels that cannot be overrated. No matter what you think you might experience when booking this hotel, you'll be impressed. I stayed in this hotel with my daughter for her graduation present and it was absolutely amazing. From the welcome champagne in the room to the spacious room, awesome breakfast and lovely staff, we couldnt have asked for more. The price was WELL WORTH IT and this is the best way to spend a vacation in florence. One of the, if not THE, most amazing hotel we stayed in. this contemporary hotel is in the perfect location and the restaurant here is AMAZING. what a perfect hotel!

• Stayed: September 2008
Reviewed 3 November 2008

My wife booked a trip to Tuscany for my 30th Birthday in June... Florence and JK Place was the first port of call...

We had high hopes of this hotel, and I'm happy to say JK Place exceeded them by a mile. Once you find the hotel .. not a easy task, as it's entrance doesn't jump out at you. You'll find one of the best hotels in Florence, perfectly formed in everyway.

The styling of the hotel from the lobby, lounges and rooms to the roof terrace are perfect. Everything feels modern but also fitting for the location. We went for a standard room, and although not massive, was again perfectly formed, lovely high ceiling.. The bed was big & so comfy, the bathroom a good size.. If we wanted somewhere to sit and relax, drink a coffee, the lounges or roof terrace were there.

Another big plus for JK Place was the staff.. Friendly helpful, don't be afraid to ask them for advice. Especially when it comes to booking some of the more popular attractions and restaurants.

It looks like I have a lot to live up to when booking my wife’s 30th birthday treat!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2008

Sept 28-30,2008
My wife and I stayed in many,many hotels through out Europe. This one was a pleasant surprise.The hotel is not like other chain hotels (read other reviews and check the website),it was very HIP.The staff were very plesant to deal with and very knowledgable at recommending what to see and do in priority (ie;sites,shopping locations and dinner recommendations).
Location is great. It was a real pain trying to get to the hotel by car though (oneway streets and pedestian zones everywhere).
Was able to get the Double Delux Room for 290 euro/night if we arrived on Sunday which worked out perfect with our plans. Room was set up as a studio appartment. Bedroom was on second floor. Bed was very comfortable (very important to me and very hard to get in Europe).
At the 500-600 euro/night price you would expect this and maybe more, but if you can get this hotel at some of thier Special Offers, IT IS A NO BRAINNER!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank adliv12
Reviewed 2 October 2008

This is a gem in Florence. The reception is small but really nice, as if you are in a private home! The staff is really, really nice and they can perfectly tell you where to go to in the city.

The location is also perfect. Our room was small but nothing to complaint about. The bathroom was great. In the room a big flatscreen and DVD player. Comfy beds and pillows. The library is a nice place to relax after a day walking through Florence.

In one word: a gem. If you do not like big chain hotels, this is the place to be. It is expensive, but worth every penny.

We will go back to JK Place Hotel when we go back to Florence.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple