Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Trip.com
Orbitz.com
Hotels.com
All reviews boutique hotel amazing hotel jk terrace linens lorenzo
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

We recently had the pleasure of staying at the JK Place in Florence Italy for our 28 th wedding anniversary. The hotel is located in the quiet, charming Piazzo Navarro walking distance to The Duomo and Ponte Vecchio. It is both luxurious and intimate providing a most romantic ambience. The outside patio, rooftop terrace and small salons throughout provided us with the choice of privacy we were looking for from a luxury boutique hotel. The most impressive feature of the JK Place was the staff. Knowledgeable, professional and friendly they attended to our every need and request in a prompt manner. We can not wait to return!

Date of stay: September 2017
1  Thank Suzanne J
Reviewed 7 November 2017

When we travel we typically try to find small boutique hotels that excel in service. This was my first visit to Italy and we stayed at JK Place for 4 nights, Grand Hotel in Portovenere 1 night and Borgo Santo Pietro in Chuisdino for 3 nights, just to give you an idea of our hotel choices.

After a long flight and almost being up for 24 hours, we arrived at JK Place. What I first noticed was the outside restaurant area in a beautiful piazza. When we walked into the library to check in, the staff already knew who we were, they offered us something to drink and took our luggage to a nicely appointed room with a gift of perfume for me.

It was small and my first concern was that the hallway to the room was small and we were just above a room with glass ceiling where guests could gather for snacks and I thought that we would hear everything going on in the hotel. I can say that I couldn't be more wrong. Not only did I never hear any other guest, I never saw or heard housekeeping or dishes clanking. I was continually surprised that every time we left the room and returned, it had been cleaned or there was fresh fruit, or it was turned down and chocolate covered strawberries awaited. I am completely amazed that in 4 nights I never ever saw housekeeping so I am surprised by the other review. Please note that you have to turn in your key when you leave the hotel for a day out which obviously helps in keeping things behind the scenes. We had breakfast a few mornings and that was wonderful. Though the hotel is charming and wonderfully located, what stuck out was the amazing customer service. The staff all knew our name, knew our preferences when we came back from sightseeing and offered us the best gelato recommendation, Fontana's, which isn't the one you see across the piazza but is on a street behind the hotel.

One of my planning mistakes resulted in us not being able to get a car rental so JK Place called their contact and a car was delivered to the hotel for us when we needed it. In addition, my husband's phone broke so we spent a few hours in the Apple store, the day we were leaving, the hotel moved our car for us so we would not get ticketed to a nearby garage.

We loved the hotel so much we asked to see if we could get one night in Rome for our departure back home but they were full.

During our stay at Borgo Santo Pietro, another amazing hotel, one of the JK Concierge's was there and he recognized us and actually found us a room for the night in Rome.

We are heading to Paris next year and I only wish there was a JK Place in Paris.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

We loved their unique and luxury rooms! Extreme luxury details with the nicest staff! We felt at home and loved the food, especially dinner! It felt like a private chef experience! Perfect location! I would highly recommend any JK Place experience!

Reviewed 31 October 2017

I cannot rave enough about this place- it is just amazing. The best service I have ever had. The comfiest beds ever. The decor is out of this world. My husband and I only spent one night here but I will never stay in another place in Florence. This was truly out of this world. Amazing breakfast also!

Room tip: creme de la creme
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ClaudioMeliJK, Direttore generale at The Place Firenze, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Thank you very much Arminda F for your lovely words for us! I am really glad you loved your stay with us so much and my staff and me look forward to welcoming you and your husband back soon to your Home in Florence : J.K. Place Firenze!

All the best

Claudio Meli

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

I want to start by saying I NEVER leave reviews, no matter how good or bad my experiences are but for this, I had to. We just returned from 2 weeks in Europe for our honeymoon and stayed at some amazing places. I spent months researching and deciding on which hotels to stay at and was SO excited to book J.K. Place in Florence. What a disappointment. For starters, there was absolutely no mention of our honeymoon when we checked in. Honestly, it wouldn’t have been a big deal but all of the other hotels we stayed at definitely made our stays exceptional because we were there for a special occasion. I noted that it was our honeymoon when I booked through hotels.com and in an email inquiring about an early check in months before we arrived. When I mentioned it was our honeymoon, it seemed like a surprise to the concierge. Regardless, the hotel was beautiful and the location was great so we were very excited to check into our room. We walk in with the woman from the front desk and she immediately says “oh no, I’m so sorry, I just noticed something, I must call housekeeping immediately”...???? Wtf. Apparently the desk wasn’t clean enough so she had housekeeping come and dust it. So odd to do before we could even put our bags down. Next complaint... we had a reservation for 7:00 dinner at a restaurant nearby. We were exhausted from our trip that day and wanted a little time to explore and rest before dinner. I asked the concierge to see if they could move our reservation to later that evening, which she gladly said she would. I asked that she let me know if the restaurant was able to move the time while we were out. My husband and I went off on our way and when we realized it was getting late, ran back to the hotel to get ready and run back out to make our 7:00 reservation because we never heard back from the concierge. We get to the restaurant and guess what? Our reservation was moved to an hour later..... glad we ran like maniacs to make it in time. On our second day, we did some daytime sight seeing and arrived back to our room around 1:00 to see a “room is being serviced” sign on our door. We open the door and see a man literally painting the walls in our room. What the hell?? We had to leave and come back. They left dirty glasses next to the water by the mini bar, which I had to call for replacements. The air conditioner was “locked” at 22 degrees which is hot as hell. One late afternoon (like 3 or 4 pm) we came back and there was new fruit set out on the mini bar, yet housekeeping had not cleaned our room at all (no towels, bed still not made, etc). And lastly, which maybe I’m the only one who feels this way here but why is the elevator IN the concierge area? You literally walk out of the elevator into the front desk. I understand they want you to feel at home but it’s so awkward to constantly feel you’re being watched. We took the stairs up 4 floors most of the time so that we didn’t have the awkward confrontation with the front desk several times a day. There’s also a camera at the front door to enter the hotel. They have to buzz you in which is never quick. We had to wait many many times for someone to let us in. I felt like I was on big brother. Maybe we had a crappy experience because we booked through a third party website and I’m sure they give those who do the worst of what they have, but I still spent a ton of money to stay at a nice hotel for a really special occasion and I was seriously let down. After our trip to Florence, we traveled to Rome where we stayed at their J.K. Place hotel and WOW, that was amazing. JK Florence should take note of how a 5 Star Hotel should be run.

1  Thank olm62889

Dear Mrs. Olivia Zeidner,

I wanted to take the occasion to write you personally, since I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write your review and give the possibility to reflect with my staff at J.K. Place Firenze. Obviously I really regret you had a bad experience with us and I must say that it is the first time I have such a negative report from a Guest, in your case especially it seems that we did different big mistakes. I opened J.K. Place in 2003 in my beloved city and from then on, thanks to the passion my staff and me we put every day trying to let our Guests have a memorable experience with us, we gained such an huge Guests loyalty which allow me to say that most of our Guests are repeaters and the way we improved our brand reputation is the word of mouth. That said, with you we surely failed and that is why I personally would love to invite to stay with us again to let you have a proper J.K. Experience and possibly giving us a second chance. I will write you an e-mail with all my personal contacts.
The only point I cannot change, because it is part of our hospitality concept is for example when you mention that the elevator is in the Concierge area. J.K. Place is a Home away from Home place, our Guest choose us because they love a very personal and attentive relationship. But of course is a question of taste.
I know that Carmen, our Front Office Manager welcomed you to J.K. Place and escorted you to your room, where you found a special gift for your Honeymoon from us, the bespoke fragrance by Dr. Vranjes Firenze. I regret to read when you say that there was no mention of your Honeymoon.
Kind Regards