“Fantastic Boutique Hotel”
Review of JK Place Firenze

JK Place Firenze
Ranked #36 of 411 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 13 January 2011

We had a great 3 night stay at JK Place. The location was very convenient - you can walk everywhere - and the almost fully restored piazza is very pretty.

Our room was definitely small, but attractive. If you choose a courtyard facing room (like most of them), just be ware that there's only one fairly small window, and the rooms don't get a lot of light. If this is a concern, request an upper floor room. Only other issue is that the free wireless service is spotty in the rooms, and unfortunately the hotel's laptop is not hooked up to a printer (which would be easier for printing boarding passes, etc). They need to address this issue.

What really stands out about JK Place is the staff - they were incredibly helpful, with restaurant bookings, suggestions, etc - much more so than most other hotels. Breakfast is also really great, and the public areas of the hotel are gorgeous. All in all, it's a wonderful small hotel to which we'd love to return!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 January 2011

This is the worst hotel. Staff are unhelpful and rude which is surprising considering how much competition in the luxury market thus hotel now has in Florence
I would recommend the Rocco Forte or the 4 Seasons rather than this place
We were kept waiting fir 4 hours despite having a guaranteed early check in because we had paid for the previous nights accommodation
The manager was terribly rude and arrogant and did nothing to solve the problem
We were with our small baby and had just come off a long flight from New York but this made no difference
Finally when we got to our room they told us we would need to change rooms because our room was on a different floor and had already been allocated to us
Service is very slow, room service menu is very basic and house keeping is slow and not very thorough
There are much better choices in Florence than this
Stay somewhere else!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2010
9  Thank Coco262626
Management response:Responded 7 January 2011

I read your review and I would like to take time to answer you. We never offer an early check in letting our Guests pay an extra, but when possible we offer this possibility for free. We opened in 2003 and I am proud to say that our Guests love our staff and the very bespoke service that we deliver every minute to them. Best world wide press and media talk about us for the very unique experience you can have staying with us, thaks to our welcoming and helpful staff. Our great success, which allowed to open another fantastic JK in Capri in 2007, was the very positive and enthusiastic word of mouth made by our Guests. Last but not least, I never received a complaint as yours in June, and I personally meet all our Guests.

Reviewed 3 January 2011

If you are lucky enough to land yourself at JK Place you are indeed fortunate. You are welcomed with professionalism and grace into a space that can only be described as a magnificent private jewel. No detail is left unaddressed: from the fresh fruit bowls to the fully-stocked minibar to the spotless and beautifully appointed rooms. We have stayed there twice and are already slated to be back again in December of 2011.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank SallyWNYC
Reviewed 3 January 2011

My wife, my two college-age stepdaughters, and I stayed at J K Place in Florence in the last week of December and it was heaven. Again. The year before, my wife and I hated our Florence hotel almost from the moment we checked in. Just before midnight I desperately started calling around for a new hotel and as soon as I talked to Patrick I sensed the welcoming attitude that makes J K Place so special. What we found the next morning was a beautiful small hotel with gorgeous rooms -- who cares if they're not spacious -- and the most welcoming staff my wife have have ever dealt with, and we have stayed at some very welcoming hotels in our four trips to Italy since 1997. We'll never forget the concierge's smile as we trooped in at 8 the next morning, and her immediate offer of coffee and breakfast. And the breakfasts are delicious, the best we've ever had in Italy. There are also terrific snacks available throughout the day, and the internet is free. Forgive the pun, but J K Place is the place to be in Florence!

• Stayed: December 2010
2  Thank commodre
Reviewed 20 December 2010

I'm not a sweet person.  Don't misunderstand, I am considered reasonably polite by those who know me, it's just that I'll forego dessert or pudding in favor of a starter / appetizer any day.

JK Place has converted me.  With it's stunning antique sideboard generously piled high with delicious tarts, brownies, cakes, etc., all ingredients sourced from the best (organic) local produce, I just can't say no.

A boutique hotel, located in a perfect position with regards to attending to all that Florence has to offer, offers an accommodation experience more akin to staying with friends.  That is if your friends are royalty with an amazing taste in art.  And I've lost count of the many incredibly attentive staff members who appear to have all emerged from Italian vogue.  The team works well together and I am the recipient of their consideration, no request is too difficult.

My room is lovely, the amenities top notch, the WiFi fast.

Did I mention the desserts?

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank CynWorldTraveller
Reviewed 10 December 2010

Beautiful and chic decor, staffed by marvelous, warm people this spot goes beyond the definition of hotel. The feel is private city townhouse with your every need anticipated and met with efficiency and good humor. The rooms/bathrooms are lovely, each decorated in serene tones. The simple menu is perfect. Property Manager Claudio is on his game, reception managers Angela and Lorenzo along with Food Manager Matteo are world-class as are their reports and colleagues. After five nights we were truly sad to check out.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank westvillagetraveler
Reviewed 5 December 2010

From the unassuming exterior, you would not expect to find such a delightful hotel that feels more like a private villa than a hotel. While there is no formal restaurant, there is a full kitchen with a fabulous menu - the food here was as good or better than anywhere else we ate in Tuscany! The living room is comfortable, surrounded by books and artwork and there is also a lounge with a large TV. The staff is attentive and always friendly. Our room was spacious with a view of the Piazza. I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Florence - I will be back!!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple