“Above and beyond. ”
Review of Bellevue House

Bellevue House
Ranked #18 of 659 Florence B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

These guys really do go out if their way to help with sights, finding laundry services or anything else you need. Someone is there 24 hours a day. Cheap do it yourself laundry is a short wall away. We walked all over for live music in a square and found it right near us. The restaurant closest to bellevue house makes their own pasta and we liked that meal but was a little expensive. Our room was spacious, clean and quiet. What more could you want? Oh cool too. An elevator would be nice but they did help us with the bags. You won't be disappointed; it was a great value too.

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank MomFromOrondo

Reviewed 14 August 2014

This place is beautiful and above our expectations, enormous rooms and bathroom and super helpsome family. The young guy work and help his parents, this is a down to earth place. I highly recommend it. They have maps and tips for all restaurant and placed, and they are super helpsome. I forgot my phone at my room and already gone to the train station, and fortunately the young guy run all the way to give me my phone. I was super lucky. I think the place is well worth staying:)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 379Travel
Reviewed 8 August 2014

The triple room we shared at this convenient hotel (5-min walk from train station) was very spacious and featured a great private bath with everything you could want. As promised, the nice young man, Alex, carried our luggage up the slate stairs (which had low risers and were actually quite easy to walk up) then provided us with maps, recommendations, even highlighters for our maps! A day after leaving, my daughter couldn't find her watch and we phoned the Bellevue Hotel family: they were SO concerned and were in touch with us 2-3 times to say they were looking for it, only to have my daughter find the watch later in her luggage. I give this hotel and its proprietors the highest recommendation.

Room Tip: The triple room is a GREAT way to go, even if there are only two of you.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jennifer H
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The family that owns the Bellevue House were so friendly and helpful, it make our stay very enjoyable, I certainly would recommend this to anyone going to Florence, Italy. The location was in walking distance to many of the sites that we visited.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank divagrammie
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I developed complications with legs swelling, Luciano gracious with recommendations & concern. I felt I was not just another tourist but family. Amazing service! Would highly recommend! Very impressed.

Room Tip: Luciano would recommend the room to suit your needs just ask him.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Highheelshighhope
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed at Bellevue House in early July, and felt very much at home. In fact, we have nothing but praise for the owners of this family-run hotel. They were always very pleasant and helpful, and nothing seemed too much trouble. We received all the help we needed to find our way around. The location was very good too – 10 minutes to the centre of town, and very close to the station. Even though our room faced the street, we had no problem with noise, and the shutters kept out the summer early morning light. Absolutely recommended.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Graham H
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Vicki and I stayed here for 3 nights in July 2014, and can vouch 100% for the previous 5-star reviews. Ed O's in particular is spot on in highlighting the service provided by Alessandro, which was impeccable throughout our stay including excellent restaurant recommendations and helping us arrange a day trip to Siena on the 3rd day.

The location of Bellevue House, near Santa Maria Novella, is within very easy reach of both the train / coach stations and the historic centre of the city. The hotel itself is on the 3rd (top) floor and there is no lift, so, while assistance is available with luggage if required, it cannot be recommended for people with mobility difficulties. Aside from this caveat, I recommend Bellevue House unhesitatingly for anyone looking for B&B accommodation in Florence and would definitely stay here again if I return to the city.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends