“Very Satisfied”

Hotel Il Bargellino
Ranked #128 of 420 Hotels in Florence
“Very Satisfied”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

My friend and I stayed three nights in a standard room at Hotel II Bargellino early September. The owner Pino (?) was very friendly and helpful. We felt like staying in a friend's place. The room is clean, furnished with antique furnitures. There is an Espresso machine in the room and desserts. It's a little noisy as our room was by the street, but ear buds saved my sleep. This is not a fancy 5-star hotel type of place, but bringing traveller the favour of Florence.

The hotel has a fantastic rooftop patio ( they call it terrace). It's decorated with statues and plants. No matter staring stars on the lining chair at night or enjoying the afternoon sun with a glass of wine, the patio was one of the best spot to experience Florence.

The stay at II Bargellino was very pleasant. Strongly recommended.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Forest Grove, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Central location, good value, Carmel and Pino, and the outdoor terrace made our four nights here memorable. Carmel made advance reservations for us for the Uffizi and the Accademia. Easy walk to the train station and sites.

Room Tip: Our room opened onto the terrace. We had meals, wine and pleasant conversations with other guests...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I love the warmth and charm of this place! Pino made our stay very comfortable and we had a wonderful time! My mom and I spent four nights at the hotel and it felt like a home away from home! The rooms are clean, the terrace was a nice place to relax, and I fell in love with the neighbor's cat who I don't think ever goes home and just hangs out at the terrace. The location was convenient and easy to navigate.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 September 2013

What a lovely place to stay: charming and characterful whilst very clean, comfortable, and so conveniently placed. The terrace is a great facility. Pino and Carmel have managed to make it feel homely and yet one feels private and unbothered. It suited us ideally.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Des Moines, Washington
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Nothing bad to say about this place. Rooms are clean and nice size that walk out to the terrace. Location is just a few blocks from the train station,shopping and some great restaurants. Joe and Carmen were great with my mother and I, wish I was able to stay longer!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on terrace, you won't be disappointed !
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Napa, California
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We arrived at the train station so excited to be in Florence and stay at the Hotel ll Bargellino with Carmen and Pino! Hearing many stories from our friends about the fun they had the many times they came to Florence and stayed there.
Best part was having porters in striped italian fishing shirts meeting us at the train station for the short walk to the hotel! (the porters were my son his wife and my grandson!) so this is not included in the fair!!! But, they could be hired out!
We marched single file for two blocks down cobble stoned streets and very narrow sidewalks dragging our suitcases like kids behind us, seven women laughing and excited with anticipation of what Florence was going to surprise us with!
We came in to the Hotel greeted by Carmen and Pino so excited to see us! I don't remember check in but, the room I was to share with my sister was on the terrace side and clean, refreshing and sweet! The double doors to the terrace gave us a full view of all the happenings and when we needed to were able to close them for privacy and quiet!
The hotel was easy access to everything and we walked everywhere. The best part was the corner restaurant for breakfast served $1.50 cappuccinos and great pastries!
We loved our stay and I look forward to returning...
I recommend this hotel to families, single women, because it is like being home...and the terrace space is a good gathering spot at the end of the day to show off your amazing shopping finds or to eat alfresco with take out from the many pizza places on the street!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the terrace with a bathroom.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Holland, Michigan
Reviewed 19 September 2013

After a busy day seeing the Duomo, bridge, markets, Accademia ..... relaxing on the terrace with a nice breeze was very peaceful. Leopoldo, a pet parrot, was entertaining. The hosts were helpful with transportation schedules and suggestions for restaurants. You will need to find your own place for breakfast. Coffee and fridge in the room very appreciated. Clean but dated rooms. The street was quiet at a reasonable hour.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple